SNATCH
185 @ 8x2

BACK SQUAT
315 @ 5x5

OH PRESS / CHIN-UPS
115 @ 5x10 / 50 reps

DIPS / LEG RAISES
100 reps / 50 reps

Fun Fact - I lifted in dress pants, button up shirt, tie, and dress shoes today. When I got to the gym I realized I didn’t pack my gym clothes. It was too late and I had to commit. I think some kids were snapchatting to their friends video of my squatting 315 with a tie on lol. Oh well hopefully I don’t become a meme!

I was also super sweaty and stinky the whole day at work. Luckily only reason I had to dress up today is because I was in a meeting with execs all day. It was a day where I had to do minimal talking and interacting so thank god!

6 Likes

that’s.f’ing.awesome

Edit: and it makes me feel like a bitch bc I’ve left my clothes before, and didn’t workout lol

2 Likes

Do it, “The Sherpa” Meme, go for your 15 minutes! haha

1 Like

CONDITIONING DAY!

I need to separate my conditioning and lifting days. Allows me to focus on one.

1-Mile Run
10 min BW Cirucit (Push Ups, Chin-Ups, Sit-Ups, Lunges)
1-Mile Run

2 Likes

Just realized didn’t log my workout today lol.

BACK SQUAT
275x10
275x10
275x10

OH PRESS
115x5
135x5
155x5 (PR!)
115x16

CHIN-UPS & ROWS
75 total reps

RDL / LUNGES
100 total reps

I was browsing through the forums for something old and I came across this program that Jim listed.

I REALLY like the look and simplicity of this one. It’s not in the cards for me right this second, but when I get into a conditioning phase later this year. I think this one fits perfectly with my goals.

10 Likes

225 is in the cards for you man!

1 Like

I actually really want to see that. Plus, wouldn’t be the worst meme in the world lol

1 Like

I wanna see how far I can push it. To strict press 225 would be awesome! Not going to be this year tho lol. Adding 70lbs to my OHP in a year would be ridiculous lol.

CLEAN EMOM (Full Clean)
225x1
225x1
225x1
225x1
225x1
225x1
225x1
225x1
225x1
225x1
225x1
225x1
225x1
225x1
225x1
225x1
225x1
225x1
225x1
225x1

EMOM training is no joke. I was GASSED at the end of this. I don’t know how you do it @ActivitiesGuy

4 Likes

You could in a year if you start riding that bicycyle if you know what i mean :wink: nah seriously tho if you keep training and eating hard you never know what will happen man!

Also There’s no better feeling then pressing heavy shit overhead imo. The only bad thing for me ( Probs everyone lol) about OHP is how agonizingly slow it takes for it to go up compared to other lifts.

2 Likes

Yeah for sure man I’m gonna push it and see what happens!

I agree though, I feel like there’s something primal about pushing something heavy overhead! You know what’s funny I got to a 135 ohp before I got to a 185 Bench! I think my proportions are just right for pressing. I need more assistance to drive the ohp specifically though.

1 Like

SNATCH EMOM
185x1
185x1
185x1
185x1
185x1
185x1
185x1
185x1
185x1
185x1
185x1
185x1
185x1
185x1
185x1
185x1
185x1
185x1
185x1
185x1

GASSED! I think I found my conditioning tool EMOM is where it’s at!

4 Likes

Man, let me know if/when you start this as I’d be down to run this too. I’d be up for it probably after the transformation challenge is over. By then, we may decide not to go with it, but it sounds interesting to me right now.

1 Like

Sounds good brotha will let you know!

I won’t be logging for a few days because I’ll be all over the place, but all I know is my traps are sore as fuckkk!!!

In other good news I found out at my gym they are going to do a remodel and add 3 olympic platforms. You guys have no idea how excited I am! Using a platform and bumpers will be awesome!

2 Likes

AWWWW YEAH! Looking forward to some kick ass PR’s with the new equip once they’re done.

1 Like

Very few things in the gym are more satisfying than nailing a heavy jerk or snatch and letting that weight fall alllll the way down. Nobody will yell at you, but everybody will be able to hear how heavy that shit was. Lol

1 Like

So just an update, since I haven’t logged online this week.

Because of my schedule this week I did:

SUNDAY - Back Squat / OH Press / Chin Ups

MONDAY - Clean / Farmers Walk

TUESDAY - Bench Press / DB Rows / Curls

WEDNESDAY - Back Squat / Lunges / Abs

THURSDAY - Deadlift / OH Press / Chin-Ups

I won’t be logging for a bit, but this is basically what I’ll be doing. It will be a free flowing program but just sticking to the principles that I know work for me. Which is one day intensity and one day volume on any lift for it to really take off.

Work and personal life are busy as hell right now so I need to just focus. I’ll be back soon though!

2 Likes

@flipcollar

Hey question for you man since I know you own your own big business.

I recently left my company to start my own MSP (Managed Service Provider). I provide IT services for small to medium size businesses that don’t want to hire their own internal IT department. I have a staff of 6 including myself.

What are some of the key issues, mistakes, pitfalls if any did you run into during your first few years of operation? I know I’m going to make mistakes, but I’m just trying to avoid the ones that will completely fuck me somehow.

The one key question I have is dealing with employees. I’ve managed small teams, but I’ve never had to fire someone. Any tips for that process?

Any advice would be much appreciated man, thanks!

3 Likes