All for the Pump - Creeping Death 2

8 weeks is about the time many people do a diet break (maintenance or slight surplus). You could take your restrictions off and essentially bulk for a week or two and then return to the cut with newfound vigor. That said, you’re right in that the more time you spend cutting, the less time you spend bulking. But again, if you get closer to how lean you really want to be then the next cut won’t need to be as long. Ultimately you will always have to get rid of this extra fat at some point, you either do it now, or you do it later. Only you can decide that. I battle the exact same things.

The plan is always to spend as much time over the course of a year in a bulk as possible. You can do that at any bodyfat as long as you’re comfortable- although the more I read on insulin resistance and nutrition partitioning, the leaner I feel I should be during my bulks.

1 Like

I’m so glad to hear that things are moving again, and if you’re getting the movement you’re looking for with just the changes you’ve made so far - maybe hold it there until the scale stops moving again and then incorporate some of the other changes I suggested. Don’t do more than you have to. Keep some tricks up your sleeve!!

1 Like

You’ve got low back pain with sciatica, right? Maybe this is nerve root based.

Week 26/52 20th February

Pull/Push/legs/Upper

Pull session - focus on mechanical tension, triple progression

1. 1 arm row (2m rest)
    Warm up sets
    40kg DB

2. Lat Pull down (2m rest)
    80.4kg

3. Straight arm pushdown (1.15m rest) SS with hyper extensions
    45kg
    x 8 just hit a wall

4. Hypers

5. Shrugs (1.15m rest)
    28kg DBs

6. Laying leg raises

Still adding reps on my main lifts so happy with that. Another standard session done.

3 Likes

Week 26/52 21st February

Pull/Push/legs/Upper

Push session - focus on mechanical tension, triple progression

1. BB Bench - 2m rest (6-8 target reps)
    85kg

2. Incline DB press (2m rest) (10-12 target reps)
    25kg DBs

3. DB OH Press (2m rest) (6-8 target reps)
    24kg DBs

Mini Circuit with 1.3m rest in between total sets
4. lat raises (10-15 target reps)
10kg DBs
x

1. Tricep bar pushdowns (10-15 rep target)
    50kg
    x

2. Leg raises laying

Another session adding weight on the main lifts again. Very happy with my bench growing each week again.

Stretching my neck makes my bench 100% feel smoother. Need to invest in stretching each session (mental note).

3 Likes

Well I spoke to my physio about my calves who then looked at them and she said she’d never seen muscle wastage so bad!

So my right calf minor muscle (can’t remember the correct name) but the one on your inner leg is basically gone.

I’ll post a picture when I can and probably post in the injury section but my left calf has two heads to the muscle as normal people do and my right one only has one head!

I feel so injured sometimes!

1 Like

That sucks, although I do take it as confirmation I’m one of the great medical minds of our time. What did she suggest?

1 Like

She gave me a couple of exercises and said I could probably do with the tenns machine on it to try and stimulate it but she also said that it might be impossible due to how much it has gone and to really isolate it against the calf major which will want to take over.

She didn’t sound optimistic about fixing it to be honest. I’ll do the exercises but not holding out much hope on this one.

1 Like

At least calves are stupid. It’s not like it’s a biceps. You’re in the UK anyway - just don’t wear shorts that one warm day of the year and you’re golden!

3 Likes

“One warm day a year” is also the excuse for not worrying about getting too lean.

2 Likes

I’m that ‘one guy’ at my rugby club that wears shorts and flip flops all year round I’m afraid.

Shorts in the snow, yes please!

Not great lighting but you can see my right calf minor is gone, vanished. Also my calves in general look tiny on this photo but I’m real life they are massive, like so big I can barely fit through a door!

Physio is hard, hard in that trying to feel it and isolate my inner calf is difficult.

3 Likes

You purposefully took video without a shoe for reference, so I can’t believe you.

I definitely see what you’re talking about. The good news is, absent a bodybuilding stage, nobody cares about calves!

Good luck, man; I really don’t know what you can do about if it’s nerve function. That stuff seems to either improve or not, but it’s not based on anything we do.

I’m not really bothered by the aesthetics of it but more by the complete lack of strength in my right calf which I’m assuming is due to half the muscle being missing.

I’ll run my physio and see what happens but maybe it can get stronger.

1 Like

That’s all you can do. I hope it improves!

I’ve got a Franken-foot that makes a lot of noise when I try to run or anything. It’s kind of funny at this point

Is this a degenerative disorder? Nerve related?

Sorry, i don’t have an answer to help but I’m very interested to understand why it happened and what is typically done to correct it.

It’s nerve related from when I crushed a disc in my lower back. Gave me permanent numbness down my sciatic nerve in my right leg. My right quad and ham are slightly smaller than my left no dramatic loss in strength. Whereas my right calf can barely do any single leg calf raises and is really weak compared to my left one.

2 Likes

Week 26/52 23rd February

Pull/Push/legs/Upper

Legs session - focus on mechanical tension, triple progression

1. Hack Squat - 2m rest
    warm up sets
    70kg

2. Smith machine RDL - 2m rest
    85kg

3. Leg extensions (1.3m rest)
    30kg each side

4. Good Girl/ Bad girl combo
    Good girl
    100kg

5. Bad Girl
    100kg

6. Hip Thrust machine - 1.3m
    47kg

Still adding reps, very happy with that, no back niggle or pain which is good. I’'ve got to consider if i want to BB squat again or just stick to hack squat. Risk vs reward.

I’m playing rugby this Sunday and next Saturday so may have to take it a bit easier than normal.

5 Likes

Week 26/52 24th February

Pull/Push/legs/Upper

Upper session - focus on mechanical tension, triple progression

1. Dips (2m rest)
    1 warm up set - should have done more
    20kg x 8
    20kg x 8
    20kg x 8

2. Rack chins (2m rest)

3. Hammer curls & single arm tricep cable extensions - 1.2m rest
    Hammer curls
    16kg DBs

4. Single arm tricep extensions
    30kg x 10
    25kg x 12
    25kg x 12

5. DB curl SS with DB French Press - 1.2m rest
    DB curl
    10kg DBs

6. French DB press
    12kg DBs

Wanted to take it easy to day as i’m playing rugby on Sunday but i really pushed the isolation work for some silly reason! Need lots of nutrition to recover from this week’s training before Sunday!

5 Likes

Week 27/52 27th February

Played 80 minutes of rugby yesterday (yes a Sunday game), feeling battered and broken today. I’m sacked off my gym session so will have to re plan my week a little. Going to rest up and hit the gym Tuesday - Thursday instead. Then i’m playing again on Saturday (but then have a month off).

Probably going to do some stretching tonight as i ache massively!

4 Likes