T Nation

All for My Security

I wonder, I just wonder if any of these foreign posters have any clue why they have any freedoms at all.

If it were not for the good ole USA many of those Europeans would be living under the iron fist of communism.

They love to bash us - but when there is a problem who do they call?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]orion wrote:
“Yawn”

Don´t ever waste my time with stupid shit like that again.
[/quote]

You know what they say about people who live in glass houses? Hopefully you’re not masturbating in one.

[quote]orion wrote:

Ahhh, 70 years ago your great-great-parents were so baaaad, our atrocities hardly matter!
[/quote]

When the Muslims take over Europe and Russia and China carve up the rest of the world 70 years from now, they’ll look back at the US and ask “What atrocities?”

[quote]Chushin wrote:

… but in the end, the US does whatever the fuck it wants to.

[/quote]

And that is the problem. A big problem. Now, I tend to agree with the stance that the U.S. does not need to be overly concerned with multilateral involvement where its national security is concerned, as long as that action is justified. Examples: bombing an embassy, the USS Cole, Afghanistan.

However, I do have a problem with the idea that “we do whatever the fuck we want to”. This is a bad position to hold to, to be in, or to agree with. In order to further good relations with the rest of the world, as well as blunt anti-US sentiment, we should be much less ready to do “whatever the fuck we want to” at the end of the day. It is not productive to long term health of the US to generate MORE enmity than we already have.

Generally, though, I disagree with many left leaning individuals as well as our foreign posters here about where those limits lie. No doubt I will incur the ire of a great many of them at some point in the future about international relations and our actions. in the final analysis we need to do what’s best for us, not the EU, NATO, UN, or whatever. However, we need to be aware of our PR as well.

[quote]bald eagle wrote:
I wonder, I just wonder if any of these foreign posters have any clue why they have any freedoms at all.

If it were not for the good ole USA many of those Europeans would be living under the iron fist of communism.

They love to bash us - but when there is a problem who do they call?[/quote]

Ghostbusters

[quote]Chushin wrote:
Rockscar wrote:
I’m having trouble here understanding why someone from another country, who enjoys said benefits of that country would have the time, and the mind to constantly spew crap about how messed up he thinks someone elses government is.

Am I missing something? Is the hate so strong? What have we done to this poor soul to make him so obsessed with American politics and policy?

Orion’s existence - and that of the village-state that he is a citizen of - is so painfully meaningless that he NEEDS to spend hours on an American site downing the US to compensate for the overwhelming feelings of impotence brought on by what he knows to be the truth:

That he – and all of Austria for that matter – can endlessly whine, pound the ground with fists, and throw all manner of temper tantrum over US behavior, but in the end, the US does whatever the fuck it wants to.
[/quote]

Fortunately, Orion´s existence is not quite so meaningless that he has to draw all pride that he has from the historical coincidence that his country has the bestest military at the moment.

But it is interesting that you think that I have issues because of where I was born.

What is it Chushin? Ashamed to be American? All the people killed in your name staring to get to you?

Just admit that you are powerless to stop the government by the people, for the people and you no longer have to feel like one of “them”.

[quote]Gkhan wrote:
orion wrote:
“Yawn”

Don´t ever waste my time with stupid shit like that again.

You know what they say about people who live in glass houses? Hopefully you’re not masturbating in one.[/quote]

Why not?

Throwing stones I would understand but what could possibly happen that could not be dealt with with a garden hose?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Praise to the John Birch society.

[quote]Chushin wrote:
orion wrote:
Chushin wrote:
Rockscar wrote:
I’m having trouble here understanding why someone from another country, who enjoys said benefits of that country would have the time, and the mind to constantly spew crap about how messed up he thinks someone elses government is.

Am I missing something? Is the hate so strong? What have we done to this poor soul to make him so obsessed with American politics and policy?

Orion’s existence - and that of the village-state that he is a citizen of - is so painfully meaningless that he NEEDS to spend hours on an American site downing the US to compensate for the overwhelming feelings of impotence brought on by what he knows to be the truth:

That he – and all of Austria for that matter – can endlessly whine, pound the ground with fists, and throw all manner of temper tantrum over US behavior, but in the end, the US does whatever the fuck it wants to.

Fortunately, Orion´s existence is not quite so meaningless that he has to draw all pride that he has from the historical coincidence that his country has the bestest military at the moment.

But it is interesting that you think that I have issues because of where I was born.

What is it Chushin? Ashamed to be American? All the people killed in your name staring to get to you?

Just admit that you are powerless to stop the government by the people, for the people and you no longer have to feel like one of “them”.

He he.

YOU’RE the one who incessantly goes out of his way to post (and start threads) in a foreign language, about another country, on what is essentially an American site. Now why is that?

Maybe it DOES have little or nothing to do with your feelings of impotence and inadequacy. Maybe there just aren’t any good Austrian or German sites, huh?

Gee, I guess this site is one MORE thing Americans do better than Austrians. Ouch.

Your preaching about US evil reminds me of a grandfather who lectures to his grandkids about the evils of promiscuity…but the fact of the matter is it just makes him nuts that he can’t get it up any more.

Poor, impotent Austria…

[/quote]

Yup, that seems to be your problem.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]orion wrote:

Throwing stones I would understand but what could possibly happen that could not be dealt with with a garden hose?

[/quote]

Hey Stewie, “you jackin’ it?”

This is classic. lol

-edit, sorry about the hijack but what the hell?

So, lemme see if I get this:

Because Muslims are doing worse shit, America can do bad shit and be moral?

So because someone is walking around killing people with guns, I can walk up to random dudes and kick them in the nuts and be totally moral? Kickass!

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
So, lemme see if I get this:

Because Muslims are doing worse shit, America can do bad shit and be moral?

So because someone is walking around killing people with guns, I can walk up to random dudes and kick them in the nuts and be totally moral? Kickass![/quote]

If my fight is fighting these extremist assholes, then YES mine is warranted, but maybe not moral. Morality is perception. Your second statement makes no sense at all.

Because radical islamic terrorists are doing bad shit, we should wipe them off the planet. Fuck morality. If you are going to get in a fight and you don’t fight to win - you will lose. There is little sense in not wanting to be immoral in your punch selection.

If you think your scrawny little ass is going to get away with kicking me in the nuts, I don’t give a shit about morality, I’m going to introduce your face to the pavement several times.

I don’t give a fuck about the stupid bastards in Gitmo. I don’t give a fuck if we waterboard every fucking prisoner over there. If I had run Abu Grahib, I would have had a truck load of pig fat delivered every single day, and made those murderous motherfuckers bathe in the shit.

Apologetics and fair play are for parlor games, and ice cream socials.

The problem is, if they cut the head off a prisoner, we say “Their terrorists and it’s ok because that’s how terrorists behave.” and somehow they get a pass.

The terrorists are thinking “The Americans, Europeans did not say anything when we beheaded a live human being on video, so they are afraid of us. What we are doing is working.” so they behead even more helpless prisoners.

While we argue about the right and wrong of waterboarding prisoners, these headhunting savages are laughing their heads off at us.

The only thing these bastards understand is force, like the Syrians used in Hama.

But we could never do anything like that because it is not PC. And the terrorists understand this too well.