T Nation

All for My Security

ALL FOR MY SECURITY
A satirical poem © June 16, 2008 by G. Edward Griffin

It�??s more than mortal man can bear.
Those terrorists are everywhere:
on land and sea and in the air.
Network TV bill of fare
daily warns us to prepare
for bugs and bombs and poison air
and other things enough to scare
the bravest man to deep despair.

And so I very happily
let them take my liberty.
No matter what they do to me,
it�??s all for my security.
You see, you see, you see?
I�??m just as glad as I can be
to let them take my liberty.
No matter what they do to me,
it�??s all for my security.

They hate our freedom so we�??re told,
our way of life so uncontrolled,
our rich, our poor, our young, our old.
I guess their hatred just takes hold
and burrows in and makes them bold
enough to kill and spend their gold
and set in motion plans untold
to get us ALL, �?� or so we�??re told.

And so I very happily
let them take my liberty.
No matter what they do to me,
it�??s all for my security.
You see, you see, you see?
I�??m just as glad as I can be
to let them take my liberty.
No matter what they do to me,
it�??s all for my security.

Seems strange to me they don�??t resent
the other guys who represent
a way of life with free consent
or those who are benevolent.
The only ones they seem intent
to devastate to great extent
are those who�??s aero-planes were sent
to bomb their homes with such torment.

And so I very happily
let them take my liberty.
No matter what they do to me,
it�??s all for my security.
You see, you see, you see?
I�??m just as glad as I can be
to let them take my liberty.
No matter what they do to me,
it�??s all for my security.

Never mind, the war will stay.
We�??re going to fight this all the way.
But there�??s a price we have to pay
to keep the enemy at bay.
Let our leaders take away
our lives and liberty TODAY,
and then our fears will go away
that they�??ll be lost some future day.

And so I very happily
let them take my liberty.
No matter what they do to me,
it�??s all for my security.
You see, you see, you see?
I�??m just as glad as I can be
to let them take my liberty.
No matter what they do to me,
it�??s all for my security.

My phone is tapped. My mail is read.
They know the thoughts inside my head.
The money I deposited
is now reported to the Fed.
They chip my hand, dispense my bread.
I think they watch me go to bed.
I don�??t object. I�??m glad instead
to be controlled until I�??m dead.

And so I very happily
let them take my liberty.
No matter what they do to me,
it�??s all for my security.
You see, you see, you see?
I�??m just as glad as I can be
to let them take my liberty.
No matter what they do to me,
it�??s all for my security.

Yes, heaven forfend that some terrorists in Gitmo should have to experience the same waterboarding that many of our troops experience in training, or that phone calls from terrorists into the United States might be tapped, etc.

That truly takes away your liberty.

Not that I’m saying you’re in that category, but exactly why it is that the left boo-hoo’s so badly about poor terrorists having a hard time or select communications being intercepted (when they cared NOTHING about Clinton’s mass interceptions under Program Carnivore) is an interesting reveal of the psychology involved.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
Yes, heaven forfend that some terrorists in Gitmo should have to experience the same waterboarding that many of our troops experience in training, or that phone calls from terrorists into the United States might be tapped, etc.

That truly takes away your liberty.

Not that I’m saying you’re in that category, but exactly why it is that the left boo-hoo’s so badly about poor terrorists having a hard time or select communications being intercepted (when they cared NOTHING about Clinton’s mass interceptions under Program Carnivore) is an interesting reveal of the psychology involved.[/quote]

Who said that the left are the only ones pissed about our loss of liberty?

You’re probably that asshole who tells people who assert their fourth amendment rights to not be searched by a cop that “if you’re innocent it shouldn’t matter”.

I hope you get detained for three days the next time you travel internationally. I hope you’re five year old gets put on the no-fly terror watch list. I hope you get your pants ripped off by a cop looking for drugs. I hope you LET the police into your house without a warrant where they proceed to tear the place up, find nothing, and leave without apology.

Did YOU have a problem with Clintons wire tapping? I bet you did. So what exactly makes you better than “the left”?

It’s been nice knowin’ you, kiddo.

Have you ever had your ass handed to you? Well if not - it won’t be long before you experience it.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
It’s been nice knowin’ you, kiddo.

Have you ever had your ass handed to you? Well if not - it won’t be long before you experience it. [/quote]

Talking to me or Billy? I’m assuming me, but I honestly can’t tell :wink:

[quote]Beowolf wrote:

You’re probably that asshole who tells people who assert their fourth amendment rights to not be searched by a cop that “if you’re innocent it shouldn’t matter”. [/quote]

The fact that you call me an asshole says nothing about me, but a great deal about yourself.

If you’re unaware that it’s by far predominantly the left that whines about terrorists being waterboarded, and about terrorist phone calls into the United States being tapped, even after your being informed of it, then there’s nothing further anyone can do.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
rainjack wrote:
It’s been nice knowin’ you, kiddo.

Have you ever had your ass handed to you? Well if not - it won’t be long before you experience it.

Talking to me or Billy? I’m assuming me, but I honestly can’t tell ;)[/quote]

You’ll figure it out soon enough.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
Yes, heaven forfend that some terrorists in Gitmo should have to experience the same waterboarding that many of our troops experience in training, or that phone calls from terrorists into the United States might be tapped, etc.

That truly takes away your liberty.

Not that I’m saying you’re in that category, but exactly why it is that the left boo-hoo’s so badly about poor terrorists having a hard time or select communications being intercepted (when they cared NOTHING about Clinton’s mass interceptions under Program Carnivore) is an interesting reveal of the psychology involved.[/quote]

Well, first of all, I care if some alleged terrorists get waterboarded. But yes, even if they were terrorists it would be wrong and thew US sentenced Japanese officers to death that waterboarded US troops.

Then, Clinton´s way of simply letting other countries torture for the US was maybe even worse and I do not think of the Democrats as the party of liberty in any case.

Finally, if you want a pig to fly it needs to wings, a left and a right one so this is not a partisan issue and the loss of freedom all around the world to fight “terrorism” is getting scary.

I grew up with the SU and the fear of a nuclear war. Suddenly I am supposed to be scared of a few half literate fanatics with AK´s? I will sooner be killed by lightning than die in a terrorist attack.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
Beowolf wrote:

You’re probably that asshole who tells people who assert their fourth amendment rights to not be searched by a cop that “if you’re innocent it shouldn’t matter”.

The fact that you call me an asshole says nothing about me, but a great deal about yourself.

If you’re unaware that it’s by far predominantly the left that whines about terrorists being waterboarded, and about terrorist phone calls into the United States being tapped, even after your being informed of it, then there’s nothing further anyone can do.

[/quote]

And what does that say about the Republicans? I mean their deafening silence on this issue.

Apparently both parties can live quite comfortably with torture, wiretapping and abominations like RICO, as long as they themselves do it.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]Chushin wrote:
Bill,

Here’s a heads-up for you.

In Orion-land, America = bad, Europe = good, and Austria = paradise.

This holds true whatever the issue, time frame or actors involved.

Just so you know what you’re dealing with.

[/quote]

Ah, sweet irony…

Plus Orion = Fudge Packer

Boo-hoo, if an individual is captured in battle that the military has reason to think is a terrorist but ultimately he is not, I really do not cry a river if he’s waterboarded.

It’s unpleasant. Very unpleasant, I understand.

But it ain’t the end of the world and the howls the liberals have about it have far more to do with an unending trend of extreme sympathy for any enemy of America while caring little to nothing about those that protect America, or even being against them (for example screaming for their prosecution at the most dubious of evidence, etc) than it does with simply being opposed to the act itself regardless of who is at the receiving end.

Name me a liberal who has objected to waterboarding the enemy who has a single public statement expressing that they want our own waterboarding of our personnel to stop???

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
The fact that you call me an asshole says nothing about me, but a great deal about yourself.

If you’re unaware that it’s by far predominantly the left that whines about terrorists being waterboarded, and about terrorist phone calls into the United States being tapped, even after your being informed of it, then there’s nothing further anyone can do.

[/quote]

For the record, I called you “that asshole” and I could have easily said “that guy”. Don’t get your panties in a twist.

Really? Only the far left whines about it? So McCain being against torture for awhile, that didn’t really happen right?

You realize there are FIVE YEAR OLDS on the terror-watch list yes? That PLENTY of the wiretaps are on completely innocent phones?

If they are really terrorists, the police can go get a warrant. The I’d have no problem with the phone taping. At all.

So small-government conservatism is dead, that’s what you’re telling me, right? Only the left cares about limiting the power of government? Wait…

Yes. The left whines a lot. No, it isn’t ONLY the left, not in the slightest bit,

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
Name me a liberal who has objected to waterboarding the enemy who has a single public statement expressing that they want our own waterboarding of our personnel to stop???
[/quote]

Yes, because if someone hasn’t spoken out against something, they must believe in it.

So Mr. Bush believes in slavery I assume?

READ: It’s pretty much a given that all US politicians want the torture of our soldiers to stop. I’m pretty sure wanting them HOME is equivalent to wanting them to not be tortured, don’t you?

(One more thing, I’m pretty sure liberals have backed the decision to harshly punish the Japanese soldiers who water-boarded our troops in WWII. So you’re point is basically moot anyway.)

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
Bill Roberts wrote:
Name me a liberal who has objected to waterboarding the enemy who has a single public statement expressing that they want our own waterboarding of our personnel to stop???

Yes, because if someone hasn’t spoken out against something, they must believe in it.[/quote]

Yup, if everyone in a given group (e.g. the group comprised of liberals that complain in the media about terrorists being waterboarded) screams loudly and repeatedly and with great indignation about a thing being done to one group that they know it’s occurring to (terrorists) and not at all about it occurring to another group that they know about (our own servicemen) then it indeed indeed fair and correct to conclude that they are more bothered about terrorists being made to experience the unpleasantness of waterboarding than our own people being made to experience it.

They complain about the former but not the latter because the former bothers them, and the latter, they don’t give a flip about. It’s not really that waterboarding is too awful for them, it’s that it is those poor terrorists being waterboarded that causes them to cry a river.

The same crowd that when younger chanted “Ho, Ho, Ho Chi Minh, the NLF is going to WIN!” having orgasms at the idea of the enemy winning and, better yet, America being defeated, and those that would have done so had they been of age at the time, of course can’t stand seeing the enemy today being made to suffer in any way, either. It’s part of the constellation of psychological attributes involved.

I think it is also fair to say the dichotomy in concern regarding waterboarding – great expressed concern for some terrorists having to undergo it and no expressed concern for many of our servicement having to undergo it – is quite revealing of the psychology and priorities of this group in question.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
Boo-hoo, if an individual is captured in battle that the military has reason to think is a terrorist but ultimately he is not, I really do not cry a river if he’s waterboarded. [/quote]

Understood. It is, however, safe to assume that the innocent party’s family and entourage will get very upset about it. Some of them might see that anger crystallize in destructive revenge. In which case, you’ll cry a river when they harm innocents.

You do realize Al-Zawahiri & co talk about collateral damage too, don’t you?

It sure ain’t the end of the world. But Washington approving waterboarding and the war on Iraq marked the end of an era. Up to that, the Nuremberg precedent made sure blatant torture and wars of aggression were not acceptable. “Those that protect America” does not apply to the military presence in Iraq. Nobody believes the myth that Iraq has WMDs it is willing to use on US soil. In fact, not many smart people bought that argument to start with. Whether shooting at unarmed civilians should be regarded as “most dubious of evidence” is another story.

I’m no expert, but the context of being waterboarded for torture and for training are hardly comparable.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
Beowolf wrote:
Bill Roberts wrote:
They complain about the former but not the latter because the former bothers them, and the latter, they don’t give a flip about. It’s not really that waterboarding is too awful for them, it’s that it is those poor terrorists being waterboarded that causes them to cry a river.
[/quote]

Wow. You don’t actually believe that people who object to their own Government using waterboarding techniques are doing it for the ‘poor terrorists’ do you?

Seriously I’m just being sure. Sometimes it’s hard to get the subtilties of peoples posts on the internet. I’m assuming you are just trivialising/misrepresenting them in order to score points/get your point across right? Which is totally fine by the way I just want to know that you don’t actually believe they don’t care about their compatriots being waterboarded.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Beowolf wrote:
rainjack wrote:
It’s been nice knowin’ you, kiddo.

Have you ever had your ass handed to you? Well if not - it won’t be long before you experience it.

Talking to me or Billy? I’m assuming me, but I honestly can’t tell :wink:

You’ll figure it out soon enough. [/quote]

Clearly he is unaware of who he is. If you disagree with Dr. Roberts, you do it respectfully. Actually, I think it is kinda cool that guy with his rep and stature is willing to shoot the shit with us in a political forum.

However in this case I do, respectfully, dis agree with what the good Dr. said. This is not along political boundaries for me. Any thing that potentially encourages the the monitoring of citizens or restricting of our liberty in anyway I am against, even if it is good for us. The flag outside my house says “Liberty or Death”, and that means a lot to me. To alter our behavior and volunteer up even the smallest liberty is a victory to the terrorists who hate us. Fuck them. Kill the terrorists and live anyway you want.
You want security on a plane, give everybody who boards one a gun, see how many get hi-jacked.