All-Day Training Nutrition

Hi everyone,

I will be having one day per week spent almost entirely at the gym (10am - 5pm). So far I have been doing 1hr of training, resting for 2 hrs, training for 1hr, resting for 2hrs, then finally training for 1hr before leaving.

This is supplementing my usual 45min 3x per week EDT sessions. I have been using Surge both pre, during, and post workout, with an MRP (approx 1000kcals) slap bang in the middle of each 2hr break

My question is - how would you handle nutrition in this type of situation? I currently gaining, am 5’11" and 220lbs.

Many Thanks

Dave

I don’t really have anything to add except to keep your calories extremely high and add in some BCAAs, but I do have question for you: What are you doing all day? How long have you been doing it? Has it been working out?

[quote]powersavant wrote:
I don’t really have anything to add except to keep your calories extremely high and add in some BCAAs, but I do have question for you: What are you doing all day? How long have you been doing it? Has it been working out?[/quote]

Thanks for the reply - I was thinking this too. All the shakes I’m currently guzzling during this marathon session are making me feel a bit too full and are hindering my workouts. BCAA’s might be easier to digest. I might swap my “during” Surge shake for BCAAs.

I did some similar training last summer - a friend and I did am, midday, and pm training every day (except weekends) for about 2 weeks.

This is the first time I’ve tried anything like it since, and I’ve only done 2 sessions so far so it’s too early to tell. Last time though - It was phenomenal. Obviously we were completely burnt out by the end of it, but it was one of the rare times I’ve experienced concurrent muscle gain and fat loss (whilst getting around 10,000kcals per day).