Alistair Overeem Is Full of Horses**t

First of all…dude hasn’t defended his Strikeforce title in two years. Second,everytime he is slated to fight in the U.S.,something is wrong with his hand. YET he has no problems with his hand fighting in K-1 events. AND now the dude is fighting James Thompson(yeah…JAMES THOMPSON) at DREAM 12 on Sunday.

Don’t get me wrong,I think Overeem is a beast. But come on,dude,let’s stop with the horseshit. Speaking of “horse” I think that is part of,if not,the main reason he won’t bring his ass to the U.S. to defend his title. Enough already…strip this dude of the belt. That is all.

OH…and speaking of “small horse” or whatever Mousasi called him…Paulo Filho was a no call-no show and had to be replaced.

Agreed! I had a mini-rant about this in the Brett Rogers thread. As in, how he’s a legit contender, but Overeem hasn’t defended his belt. Strikeforce should step up the competition. If someone isn’t defending their title, they need to setup an interim title until he’s able to defend like they did in UFC recently with their heavyweight title. I like hot sauce on my eggs and title belts defended!

I was watching showtime last night and there was a strikeforce card with Overeem in it. He beat some no name with a knee to the face. He also looked a lot smaller than he has recently. Said the original air date was 10/10/09.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
I was watching showtime last night and there was a strikeforce card with Overeem in it. He beat some no name with a knee to the face. He also looked a lot smaller than he has recently. Said the original air date was 10/10/09.[/quote]

Hmmm…I doubt that was current. He hasn’t fought in Strikeforce since '07 against Paul Buentello…and he won by knees to the body and face.

Although,he did fight at some MMA event in Amsterdam last weekend against a “nobody.”

I thought he was full of steroids & Hgh but ok koo…

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
WhiteFlash wrote:
I was watching showtime last night and there was a strikeforce card with Overeem in it. He beat some no name with a knee to the face. He also looked a lot smaller than he has recently. Said the original air date was 10/10/09.

Hmmm…I doubt that was current. He hasn’t fought in Strikeforce since '07 against Paul Buentello…and he won by knees to the body and face.

Although,he did fight at some MMA event in Amsterdam last weekend against a “nobody.” [/quote]

Well, the guy he beat looked like a Buentello so I’m guessing you’re right…

I agree. I think he is scared to fight serious competition in the US without being on steroids during the fight. I thought stripping him of the title and making Fedor-Rogers a title fight would be a good re-start to the heavyweight division.

I also don’t understand why people talk about him being one of the fights they’d like to see against this or that guy. He’s lost almost all his big fights and apparently can’t/won’t fight in the US. I think it’s passing him by.

They are shooting their credibility with holding up this paper tiger. If it isn’t already shot.

For a smaller organziation like strike force to stay alive, grow and challenge the UFC for legitmacy so to speak; they will need to have the most powerful, regular and electrifying fights of any ‘league’.

To have a 2 year hiatus on a title shot is simply unacceptable. UFC built its brand without buying pride, and wooing all top talent from Brazil. If UFC had no world class name brand fighters, and just it’s domestically and internally created branded nobodies, they’d still be a billion dollar brand and all over the news.

This is what Strikeforce is failing at, people would not see their fighters as inferior-to-ufc or tomato cans because they came out of the blue, rather, because the competition in the league is not a bloodthirsty genocide.

If Strikeforce took just regular amateur figthers trying to turn pro, and had those guys turn the cage into a meat grinder, people would be interested. Those fighters would gain recognition, because at the end of the day, it isn’t about ‘who you’ve fought,’ but ‘how you’ve fought.’ This is the difference between Forrest Griffin and an Andrei Arlovski.

The Silva-Griffin fight showed Griffin is not a world-class striker, and perhaps even a b-class fighter, but he has been created into a brand because of this slug fests as much as his win over Shogun.

Arlovski on the other hand, has been a champion, has been a namebrand, and has fought some known characters, but is a shitbrand because his figths are boring and non-electric. This is why he gets dropped from so many orgs.

Strikeforce needs to make some Griffins, and it needs to post it’s own TUF and promotional material on a website with advertisements to make revenue for all the hardcore, or semi-harcore guys to watch while they post on forums. This is key to their expansion and survival.

Funny thought

Maybe he’s just finishing his cycle & post cycle therapy and he’ll fight when he’s done lol

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:
Funny thought

Maybe he’s just finishing his cycle & post cycle therapy and he’ll fight when he’s done lol[/quote]

I think he probably has some deca in his system from a past cycle and he’s trying like crazy to piss clean.

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:
Funny thought

Maybe he’s just finishing his cycle & post cycle therapy and he’ll fight when he’s done lol[/quote]

you decide…

whats the deal with these guyz like Overeem in japan…dont they test for roids?
seems like even some UFC guys have also tested positive, they get banned for 2yrs then their back in the game. Seems like its gettin more and more common and acceptable. would be interesting to know the percentage of pro fighters that have used gear at one stage of their careers.

Fuck Anaconda and I, Bodybuilder I want what this guys on.

Anyone have some of his weigh in results over that span? I don’t remember the details, but I thought he jumped something like 30 pounds of weight in a year. I know the claim was that he was always cutting so much to get to 205 and supposedly as soon as he stopped cutting, he blew up. But 30+ pounds of lean mass in a year, let alone 2 is a huge amount of weight.

While I know it was rumored that a lot of the fighters in Pride were on steroids, it’s hard to get more obvious than Overeem.

He went from a lean 205 to a jacked 253, all while training for MMA/kickboxing. Anyone who has trained knows that it is damn near impossible to maintain weight at times, much less add that much lean muscle. I hate to make assumptions, but as XiaoNio says, its hard to get more obvious than that.

Tim Sylvia said on the Jason Ellis show he will fight Alistair or Hong man Choi new years in Japan

Both are bad matchups for Sylvia.

I don’t get him. Or ist his agent or pro MMA in general?

Why is it so hard to get him to fight a can or two after devastating losses?