Alexey Lesukov - Arnold Amateur BB

Sorry for the derail, and it kills me to say this coz Maiden has always been a but of a cunt to me,

But in your new Avi your back looks sick! Looking good man.

[quote]Maiden3.16 wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Maiden3.16 wrote:

You said alexi has no real chance at winning an olympia because he is short.[/quote]

That was my opinion. Problem? Why would my opinion need a response like you know the truth and I just lied? You don’t know any better than anyone else what will happen…making your own an OPINION also.

The real question is why you think your own is so much more valid just because you said it.
[/quote]

annnnnd cue deflection. Can’t say that wasn’t predictable.[/quote]

Deflection? What grade is this? So, let me get this straight, anyone not limited to praise is “hating on him”?

He is a short bodybuilder. His proportions have greatly improved from a couple of years ago, but bodybuilders his height are not finding it easy to win Olympias…and frankly, Dexter Jackson’s win at the O surprised me. It also didn’t last long.

You seem to be looking to argue simply because my opinion is different than yours.

Yeah…that’s pretty lame.

Oh, wait…“classic”.

[quote]Marzouk wrote:
Sorry for the derail, and it kills me to say this coz Maiden has always been a but of a cunt to me,

But in your new Avi your back looks sick! Looking good man. [/quote]

lol Marzouk. Thanks man.

[quote]Maiden3.16 wrote:

[quote]Maiden3.16 wrote:

You said alexi has no real chance at winning an olympia because he is short.[/quote]

That was my opinion. Problem? Why would my opinion need a response like you know the truth and I just lied? You don’t know any better than anyone else what will happen…making your own an OPINION also.

The real question is why you think your own is so much more valid just because you said it.
[/quote]

annnnnd cue deflection. Can’t say that wasn’t predictable.[/quote]

Deflection? What grade is this? So, let me get this straight, anyone not limited to praise is “hating on him”?

He is a short bodybuilder. His proportions have greatly improved from a couple of years ago, but bodybuilders his height are not finding it easy to win Olympias…and frankly, Dexter Jackson’s win at the O surprised me. It also didn’t last long.

You seem to be looking to argue simply because my opinion is different than yours.

Yeah…that’s pretty lame.

Oh, wait…“classic”.[/quote]

When did I ever say anyone not heaping praise for him is hating? again, you put words in my mouth. When you say he has no real chance of winning because he is short, and the fact is short people have won in the past, is an opinion I disagree with.

Call me crazy, but I think there is more to winning the olympia than height. Now I’ll let you have the last word, which i’m sure you’ll use to call me childish, say your opinion can’t be argued with, or something else off-topic. Yes, “classic.”

Isn’t Branch Warren 5’7’'?

Yes, if you list some of the best bodybuilders of all time, they are all a bit taller, but to say that this guy will have no chance at a title is a bit premature at this point IMO.

I’m getting a deja vu feeling while reading this thread…

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
“Steroids make his muscles look different”

lol Prof X has been hating on this guy since day 1, srs case of the jelly.[/quote]

I’m tempted to throw the peoplez of colorz card here but I’ll just leave it at lulzzzz.

Alexey Lesukov is 5’6 and a half tall (or short…lol)

Franco Columbu was 5’5", and the only short Olympia winner (although Danny Padilla was clearly the winner, IMHO of the '81 Olympia).

It’s been stated over the decades that a good tall man will always beat a good short man.
Short guys have to come in with such an overwhelming freak factor to take a major contest.

I always thought it was harder for taller guys (6ft+) to get their proportions right and place well? To me seems as if any lagging areas are exacerbated due to their height and was why Wolf and Freeman were always up there but not taking major titles

Wtf is his problem with his fingers in the front relaxed at the start

[quote]165StateChamp wrote:
I’m getting a deja vu feeling while reading this thread…[/quote]
x2

[quote]165StateChamp wrote:
I’m getting a deja vu feeling while reading this thread…[/quote]
me too and I can’t wait. lol

He is very short and that will always count against him on the pro stage if there is someone taller and equally or more filled out and wide.

He will likely hit “lee Priest Status”…ie, have a large fan base but no real chance at the Olympia title.[/quote]

I think he looks better than Lee Priest though. I think Lee’s major drawback was that long abdominal wall and very shallow chest (even more than being short). That’s why I always thought David Henry looked so much better than Lee even though they were the same height.

[quote]zraw wrote:
Wtf is his problem with his fingers in the front relaxed at the start[/quote]

x2

7:19 … the embarassment that is that white guys back

serious Question to Proffessor X, if being tall is such an advantage, why on earth has Tony Freeman not got his due yet???

If I had a man crush on any bodybuilder, it would be him.

[quote]MytchBucanan wrote:

He is very short and that will always count against him on the pro stage if there is someone taller and equally or more filled out and wide.

He will likely hit “lee Priest Status”…ie, have a large fan base but no real chance at the Olympia title.[/quote]

I think he looks better than Lee Priest though. I think Lee’s major drawback was that long abdominal wall and very shallow chest (even more than being short). That’s why I always thought David Henry looked so much better than Lee even though they were the same height.[/quote]

I agree in some ways. Lee and David are 2 of my favorites (as I am short as well).
But Lee at his best would defeat David at his best. Lee’s arms and legs are on the other side of freaky.

[quote]heavythrower wrote:
serious Question to Proffessor X, if being tall is such an advantage, why on earth has Tony Freeman not got his due yet???

If I had a man crush on any bodybuilder, it would be him. [/quote]
PX is not saying the tallest BB will win the Olympia, lol.

Too tall and they often have trouble filling out. It took Tony Freeman over a decade to build the size to look the way he does now. It is why people are awaiting Ced McMillan because he’s filled out AND tall.

If everyone is near the same height, it doesn’t matter much.[/quote]

[quote]putter2712 wrote:
7:19 … the embarassment that is that white guys back[/quote]
Yeah I was like wtf