Alex_uk: I've got more, time to give more

This confirms all the rumours I’ve heard about British food… and the world wonders why American food is crap :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :rofl:

Mushy peas are the UK’s top delicacy, essentially the pinnacle of all British achievements.

2 Likes

explains why you guys have to wash down your food with brandy and gin

How this post got a like, I will never know.

Do we? Are those British things?

Haha not a fan of the mushy peas?

And yea I’m not sure about brandy, I know plenty of gin lovers though. I’m T-total so my food gets washed down with coffee mostly or water and occasionally an alcohol free beer.

I got confused for a minute because you listed you weight in pounds and didn’t specifiy kg for your lifts in the first post. For a second, I thought there was someone who wasn’t stronger than me! Then I figured out your lifts are in kgs so your definitly stronger, lol. Nice to see another alcohol free person.

Ah, yes looking back at my first post that is very confusing haha, thanks I’ll edit that. It’s weird as a Brit everything is in KG but for some odd reason a lot of us weigh in stone and lbs (stone being 14 lbs).

Why did you give up the booze? Or you did you never start?

I always wondered what a stone was, just not enough to bother looking it up. So 14 lbs a stone.

I drank enough by the age of 30 to never need it again. And I was quite convinced I would die if I kept at it.

Haha almost identical to me, I stopped at 27.

Yup stones - for when counting past 14 is just too hard.

1 Like

Haha!

Week 1 day 4

Conditioning
20 secs concept2 sprints, 10 sec rest, 20 secs kB swing (alternating arms each swing) 16kg, 10 sec rest - rinse repeat for 10 mins.

Gs1:
NG chins X 3 - bw, 10, 15, 20, 25kg
Z press X 3 - bar, 30, 40, 50, 60kg
Ab roll X 5 X 5
Bandy twisty things X 5 each side X 5

Gs2:
Ng chins - 10kg - 10, 8, 8
Z press X 47.5kg - 10, 8, 8
Ab roll X 5 X 3
Bandy twisty things X 5 X 3

Fin. Had to cut it short due to bad timing with family stuff, shame it was the first session I didn’t feel like I was dying, kept it on the clock didn’t collapse in a sweaty heap at any point!

Probably could have pushed harder on pressing but first time doing z press, only nearly fell over once on the 60 but recovered it, no teeth were lost this day!

2 Likes

Pwo Donner kebab, cheesy chips, onion rings and curry sauce. #paelo #cleaneating

2 Likes

Looking solid :+1:

How dare you spew such blasphemy :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Thanks, I’d imagine my scales would be even less kind than yours if they rated me though!

1 Like

Haha, my diet isn’t always this bad, but yea the clean eating started this morning with cheesy beans (baked beans, not sure these are well known outside the UK, harricot beans cooked in a sweet sorta tomato sauce) on toast with fried eggs and bacon and egg sandwiches for lunch.

The kebab has some salad and coleslaw in it so I’m good for my veg for the day, right?

1 Like

Week 2 day 1 - I wasn’t expecting to feel this broken this soon…

Conditioning

Gs1:
kB swing 24kg X 5 X 6
Trap bar dl (high handle) 65, 105, 125, 145, 165, 185kg X 5
Ab roll 5 X 6
Burpee chins 5 X 5 (1 set of just burpees because standing sucked and my lats were cramped and I remember Brian saying this is just to keep your heart rate up between sets - well lifting my drinks bottle to my mouth probably put me over 200bpm at this point)

Gs2:
kB swing 24kg X 5
Tbdl: 147.5kg X 12, 10, 10
Ab roll 5 X 3
Burpee chins 5 X 3

Emom squats 65kg & blue bands X 3 - 10 mins

Sweat shot:

That was partly dried out!

Preworkout 100g chocolate, pwo 2 bananas 40g oats, 60g whey blended with water.

2 Likes

This actually at least makes me feel better