Alex_uk: I've got more, time to give more

Sorry to hear about your struggles mate. If there’s anything we can do, just ask. I hope the upcoming holidays will help. Any plans?

2 Likes

Sorry for all your struggles. I hope things lighten up soon!

Just happy to hear from you

Yep!

1 Like

+1 to the above @alex_uk . Gotta refresh yourself to be sane enough to meet your responsibilities. Sometimes that means taking a step back and evaluating what’s really important.
Even if it’s not lifting, maybe its taking a long walk by yourself early in the morning.

1 Like

I love “this too shall pass” has got me through some hard times. I also like, and I may be misquoting Churchill, “if your going through Hell, keep going.”

3 Likes

Hope all is well mate

1 Like

Thanks all, I love this forum, full of great supportive people.

I took a step towards getting back on the horse - got out and hit some weights, avoided cardio (helped mentally get over the hump and get out the door), just did some stuff.

Squats - 60, 80, 100kg X 5, 120kg X 10
S/s axle ohp, clean 1st rep - 28, 38, 48, 58kg X 5

BtN press - 40kg X 10 X 3 sets
S/s ab rolls: 6 X 3 sets

Ng chins: 8 X 2 sets
Dips: 15 X 2 sets

That was enough, shaking still 10 mins after that, it’ll come flying back soon.

Weight 200lbs seems to be my default set point these days not sure what to do weight wise, probably just try and be sensible in the diet and not lose weight and just generally not stress it

8 Likes

Good job mate, may all your squats be high.

2 Likes

No fears there mate.

Good to see you again @alex_uk

2 Likes

Is there any other way?!

Thanks, I’ll be catching up on logs eventually, make sure you hit that 80kg ohp before I get there!

1 Like

Solid work! I’m always amazed at your ability to juggle so much

At your rate of participation lately, He’ll be at 90 :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

One session every two weeks is fine, right?!

Apparently not now 198lbs

Did some more stuff today:

5 rounds:

Ng chins X 5
Dips X 10
Burpees (6c) x 5

Deads and paused bench:
60 X 5/ 60 X 5
100 X 3/ 70 X 1
120 X 3/ 80 X 1
140kg X 3/ 90 X 1
60kg X 10(bor)/ 100kg X 1

Double underhand bor and Inc BB bench
60kg X 10 X 3

No other comments to make, it’s all hot air until it’s actions and results.

6 Likes

@anna_5588 that might be the quickest like I’ve ever seen - you busy procrastinating by any chance?

1 Like

You know it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I still hate bench

Funny that I’m still sat on mine, didn’t actually finish the final superset - and wrote that to procrastinate, last one…

1 Like

Good to see you doing bad me work and posting mate. How’s everything going?

1 Like

You aren’t old enough to join our HiT brothers yet man.

How you doing?

2 Likes

I hate to break it to you, but in your absence everyone else hit all their goals.

2 Likes

Not too bad thanks, busy but kids are going back to school so that should make things a little more routined, which will hopefully help. Had a couple of weeks off work (both jobs) which was almost more hectic than being off work but less stressful so that was good.

@simo74 How’s life with you? I think I saw an online comp with prs? The job change working out well for you still? Wife and kids all good? Still got the foster pup?

@dagill2 I saw your change of priorities, sensible but difficult choice - hopefully it will allow you to really smash the goals with a single minded focus though!

Haha, I don’t train hard enough to join them either! I’ll try and get a few more sessions per week in, in that case!

1 Like

I really hope that’s the case! How’s life for you @Cyrrex?

1 Like

Doing alright, mate. I have put on a few of those kilo you have lost, but I might not be giving them back this time.

1 Like