Alex Jones and Piers Morgan

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]Karado wrote:
Well, bypassing all that theoretical, carnal situational bullshit you just spewed, of which there are one or two valid points, if Alex dies he goes to heaven anyway…I hear he’s Christian.
Everybody dies. [/quote]

Theoretical, carnal situational bullshit? What do you think arming yourself in preparation for some sort of massive govt takeover is?[/quote]

Jones may be on one far side of the argument, just like Obama, Cuomo, Piers are on the other extreme.

Most gun owners are far more in the middle…but when they hear some foreigner like Morgan spouting about “anybody who wants to own a gun is a damn fool”…it tends to get their dander up a bit, you know?

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]Chushin wrote:
I’m watching CNN right now, and I just cant believe how this ass pontificates about the US when he’s not even an American.

It’s not just a humble expression of opinion; he acts like he has some right to decide what we do.
[/quote]

Head of nail, meet hammer.

You sir, have hit it.[/quote]

If you watch the video , he acts as though he has the right to a differing opinion nothing more . I think Jones just bolstered the position of the liberals that Gun People are low brow. I do think the majority of people see people that disagree with them as the enemy [/quote]

Then you have not watched much of that tabloid hack since he left England…he was given the boot because he was at the heart of the illegal wiretapping that got his two tabloids shut down and pretty much gave everybody the finger on his way over here.

Morgan called anybody who wanted to own a gun “was a damn fool” Kinda goes against the 2nd Ammendment…no?[/quote]

I was going strictly on the video I posted , I do not often have time to research all thing please feel free to post anything you like to make your case

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]Karado wrote:
Well, bypassing all that theoretical, carnal situational bullshit you just spewed, of which there are one or two valid points, if Alex dies he goes to heaven anyway…I hear he’s Christian.
Everybody dies. [/quote]

Theoretical, carnal situational bullshit? What do you think arming yourself in preparation for some sort of massive govt takeover is?[/quote]

Jones may be on one far side of the argument, just like Obama, Cuomo, Piers are on the other extreme.

Most gun owners are far more in the middle…but when they hear some foreigner like Morgan spouting about “anybody who wants to own a gun is a damn fool”…it tends to get their dander up a bit, you know?[/quote]

Hey, I can respect that.

But my original point still stands. I see a LOT of people hold firm to their beliefs about gun ownership based on the assumption that at some point they will need to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights in order to protect themselves against a tyrannical govt, like Jones said. Whether or not he specifically has genuine feelings in this manner is immaterial, because there are a lot of people who DO genuinely feel this will happen or that it is at least a possibility and they want to be ready for it.

So I wonder if those same people realize that, in all likelihood, all the AR-15s and AK-47s that they can fit into their house won’t do shit against the weaponry at the disposal of the govt. Are they prepared for what comes next? And if the right to arm yourself for protection in the eventuality of a govt takeover is so important, why do you rarely ever hear people argue that they should have the right to an Abrams tank? Or some RPGs? Or their own private fighter jet? After all, when you get right down to it, aren’t those just “arms” as well? What about some big cannons like an M-198 Howitzer? Isn’t that simply a form of “arms” when you get down to it as well?

Why don’t we ever see people from the NRA and so forth lobbying for the right to own those sorts of weapons? THOSE are the weapons we would need to defend ourselves from a tyrannical govt takeover. Why is it that we rarely ever see the same sort of people who demand unlimited gun ownership rights also get out and preach about the importance of being well-versed in guerrilla warfare tactics? Why don’t more of these gun rights groups promote classes that teach how to appropriate cash, food, ammo and so forth in a time of martial law or outright civil war?

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]Karado wrote:
Everybody dies. [/quote]

Most gun owners are far more in the middle…but when they hear some foreigner like Morgan spouting about “anybody who wants to own a gun is a damn fool”…it tends to get their dander up a bit, you know?[/quote]

Hey, I can respect that.

But my original point still stands. I see a LOT of people hold firm to their beliefs about gun ownership based on the assumption that at some point they will need to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights in order to protect themselves against a tyrannical govt, like Jones said. Whether or not he specifically has genuine feelings in this manner is immaterial, because there are a lot of people who DO genuinely feel this will happen or that it is at least a possibility and they want to be ready for it.

So I wonder if those same people realize that, in all likelihood, all the AR-15s and AK-47s that they can fit into their house won’t do shit against the weaponry at the disposal of the govt. Are they prepared for what comes next? And if the right to arm yourself for protection in the eventuality of a govt takeover is so important, why do you rarely ever hear people argue that they should have the right to an Abrams tank? Or some RPGs? Or their own private fighter jet? After all, when you get right down to it, aren’t those just “arms” as well? What about some big cannons like an M-198 Howitzer? Isn’t that simply a form of “arms” when you get down to it as well?

Why don’t we ever see people from the NRA and so forth lobbying for the right to own those sorts of weapons? THOSE are the weapons we would need to defend ourselves from a tyrannical govt takeover. Why is it that we rarely ever see the same sort of people who demand unlimited gun ownership rights also get out and preach about the importance of being well-versed in guerrilla warfare tactics? Why don’t more of these gun rights groups promote classes that teach how to appropriate cash, food, ammo and so forth in a time of martial law or outright civil war?

[/quote]

The AK and the AR would do a lot better than rocks

like this

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]Karado wrote:
Everybody dies. [/quote]

Hey, I can respect that.

[/quote]

I can respect your view.

The majority of folks around here who own those weapons are not worried about using them AGAINST the government…but using them in the ABSENCE of government…mass chaos and hysteria, a breakdown of social services ect.

I would echo what utahlama just said. But more importantly, why should I need to feel insecure in my safety to want to use an AR? Why shouldnt I just like them, like many people lile cars, computers, or what-have-you. it’s my constitutional right, why do I need to be mocked and told “you just want to see more dead children” (yes, thats a real life response) when I say I want to buy an AR model? Whether explicit or implied, thats the sort of repsone ppl get when they mention rifles like that. Why do I need to defend my likes?

on another note, a population of maybe 100,000 total rag clothed, crappily armed, uneducated civilians with nothing more than AK’s and some improvised explosives held at bay the most powerful army in the world.

There are more than 80 million gun owners in the USA. Some, but not all, of the US army, state and local police forces, and the air force, marines, navy, and coast guard are part of this “gun culture” as well. and you are telling me that even 5% of 80 million plus people educated better, more intelligent and just as motivated couldn’t give problems to the current military…especially when they would face resistance feom a significant portion of their own ranks?

I’m not saying they’d win, but…bluntly put if less than a 100,000 ragheads can stymie the most powerful army in the worls for 10 years…you think it’s impossible that widespread civilian unrest wouldnt do the same thing here?

For the record I am not one of those people that believes the gov’t is going to suddenly go all Iranian on our asses. The point, however, is that a 3rd world uneducated bunch of sheep herders did it with AKs and some homemade bombs.

As for the other comment on the NRA, clearly they don’t raise any waves over other weapons is because it is political suicide, and theyre not that stupid. It has nothing to do with anything other than the PR game and the absolute shitstorm losing the PR game that massively would cause. Basic politics.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
I would echo what utahlama just said. But more importantly, why should I need to feel insecure in my safety to want to use an AR? Why shouldnt I just like them, like many people lile cars, computers, or what-have-you. it’s my constitutional right, why do I need to be mocked and told “you just want to see more dead children” (yes, thats a real life response) when I say I want to buy an AR model? Whether explicit or implied, thats the sort of repsone ppl get when they mention rifles like that. Why do I need to defend my likes?

on another note, a population of maybe 100,000 total rag clothed, crappily armed, uneducated civilians with nothing more than AK’s and some improvised explosives held at bay the most powerful army in the world.

There are more than 80 million gun owners in the USA. Some, but not all, of the US army, state and local police forces, and the air force, marines, navy, and coast guard are part of this “gun culture” as well. and you are telling me that even 5% of 80 million plus people educated better, more intelligent and just as motivated couldn’t give problems to the current military…especially when they would face resistance feom a significant portion of their own ranks?

I’m not saying they’d win, but…bluntly put if less than a 100,000 ragheads can stymie the most powerful army in the worls for 10 years…you think it’s impossible that widespread civilian unrest wouldnt do the same thing here? [/quote]

Here’s the thing. Those “rag heads” don’t come from the same sort of culture that we come from at all. They’ve been dealing with massive civil unrest and chaos for generations. Us? We would be going from having our heads shoved up our Apple products to chaos without much time at all to prepare for that sort of thing. We’re smooth-skinned, soft-handed bourgeois and aristocrats compared to those “rag heads”. We simply come from two COMPLETELY different cultures.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]Karado wrote:
Everybody dies. [/quote]

Historically speaking anything can happen . Tell me one situation that did (NOT) happen in history? I am sorry if you do not understand that

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]Aragorn wrote:

I’m not saying they’d win, but…bluntly put if less than a 100,000 ragheads can stymie the most powerful army in the worls for 10 years…you think it’s impossible that widespread civilian unrest wouldnt do the same thing here? [/quote]

Here’s the thing. Those “rag heads” don’t come from the same sort of culture that we come from at all. They’ve been dealing with massive civil unrest and chaos for generations. Us? We would be going from having our heads shoved up our Apple products to chaos without much time at all to prepare for that sort of thing. We’re smooth-skinned, soft-handed bourgeois and aristocrats compared to those “rag heads”. We simply come from two COMPLETELY different cultures.[/quote]

When I was working in the oilfield I met a BUNCH of guys in Louisiana and Texas who would disagree with your assessment. In the cities, you are absolutely correct - you’ve got a bunch of soft little bitches who think they’re bad ass if they go paint balling on the weekend. But there are plenty of coon-ass, red-neck, hill-billy country boys who’ve been shooting since they were five, bringing home squirrel since they were eight and “wrassle” alligators for fun who would be defending THEIR ground. Go ahead and TRY to take their guns LOL, I’d love to see that.

I’ve got to echo what UL said up there. MOST preppers aren’t planning on taking an AK-47 against a tank battalion. But if there is widespread unrest that interrupts the supply chain, whether it’s due to a terrorist attack, economic collapse, natural disaster, or whatever, they want to protect themselves against their neighbors.

The “snap” in the social contract of civilization is a very real phenomenon that has plenty of historical precedent. And when it does, you have neighbors killing neighbors, gang rape and genocide - ALL of which have happened in the last ten years. It happened in Europe less than 20 years ago…

The decline of the “empire” that is the United States of America is virtually inevitable - we basically have a non functioning government and a VERY divided country right now. How and when are the variables. It could be peaceful or violent, but given the number of guns in circulation in our country and given the behavior of our worst citizens in times of peace, how do you THINK it’s going to be during times of upheaval, uncertainty and conflict?

I keep on hand what I need to keep MY FAMILY alive for several months without supply. If the worst happens and some starving lunatic who failed to properly prepare wants to threaten MY FAMILY by trying to loot, steal or raid MY HOME then he’s gonna be put down.

[quote]angry chicken wrote:
I’ve got to echo what UL said up there. MOST preppers aren’t planning on taking an AK-47 against a tank battalion. But if there is widespread unrest that interrupts the supply chain, whether it’s due to a terrorist attack, economic collapse, natural disaster, or whatever, they want to protect themselves against their neighbors.

The “snap” in the social contract of civilization is a very real phenomenon that has plenty of historical precedent. And when it does, you have neighbors killing neighbors, gang rape and genocide - ALL of which have happened in the last ten years. It happened in Europe less than 20 years ago…

The decline of the “empire” that is the United States of America is virtually inevitable - we basically have a non functioning government and a VERY divided country right now. How and when are the variables. It could be peaceful or violent, but given the number of guns in circulation in our country and given the behavior of our worst citizens in times of peace, how do you THINK it’s going to be during times of upheaval, uncertainty and conflict?

I keep on hand what I need to keep MY FAMILY alive for several months without supply. If the worst happens and some starving lunatic who failed to properly prepare wants to threaten MY FAMILY by trying to loot, steal or raid MY HOME then he’s gonna be put down.[/quote]

Exactly…we are not burring semi trailers in the desert…but our cabin has a shit load of food and a shit load of ammo.

I’m not going to let my family be a statistic. Sorry if that is too redneck for some.

Your point is taken DB, and I agree in the city. Or all urban areas in general, particularly the suburbs. But I agree with angry chicken. Half my relative are city, half farmers. The farmers arent preppers in any sense of the words present connotation, they aren’t “crazy right wing impeach Obama the scary african” types either. But you have no idea of the strength of rural country types, from whom a lot of veterans come, until you’ve been around them. I cant think of a better place to be if things stop working. And not in an Armageddon way either–all you have to do is witness Katrina and know thst things like that are possible, if not entirely likely in a landlocked state as well.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
Your point is taken DB, and I agree in the city. Or all urban areas in general, particularly the suburbs. But I agree with angry chicken. Half my relative are city, half farmers. The farmers arent preppers in any sense of the words present connotation, they aren’t “crazy right wing impeach Obama the scary african” types either. But you have no idea of the strength of rural country types, from whom a lot of veterans come, until you’ve been around them. I cant think of a better place to be if things stop working. And not in an Armageddon way either–all you have to do is witness Katrina and know thst things like that are possible, if not entirely likely in a landlocked state as well. [/quote]

Well, I would assume all you rural folk would be prepared, or at least better prepared than all the city folk. It’s the city folk who spout off about tyrannical govts taking everything over that I wonder about. And there are plenty of them. I think they’re just piggybacking onto the argument for the sake of having something to hang their hats on.

When you get right down to it, I just get sick and tired of hearing the argument about protecting themselves from this tyrannical govt from people who aren’t prepared in the least to handle themselves when/if it occurs. It’s a hollow, paranoid, self-serving, ignorant argument, if you ask me.

But the ones who ARE prepared, I respect their argument and their stance on the issue. It’s the others that I don’t ever want to hear from.

[quote]Chushin wrote:

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
Your point is taken DB, and I agree in the city. Or all urban areas in general… [/quote]

I don’t know; I think some of the dudes in the rough inner city could hold their own as well.

[/quote]

If the shit hits the fan, I’m not going anywhere near Oakland. That place is practically the Swat Valley as it is.

[quote]angry chicken wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]Aragorn wrote:

Here’s the thing. Those “rag heads” don’t come from the same sort of culture that we come from at all. They’ve been dealing with massive civil unrest and chaos for generations. Us? We would be going from having our heads shoved up our Apple products to chaos without much time at all to prepare for that sort of thing. We’re smooth-skinned, soft-handed bourgeois and aristocrats compared to those “rag heads”. We simply come from two COMPLETELY different cultures.[/quote]

When I was working in the oilfield I met a BUNCH of guys in Louisiana and Texas who would disagree with your assessment. In the cities, you are absolutely correct - you’ve got a bunch of soft little bitches who think they’re bad ass if they go paint balling on the weekend. But there are plenty of coon-ass, red-neck, hill-billy country boys who’ve been shooting since they were five, bringing home squirrel since they were eight and “wrassle” alligators for fun who would be defending THEIR ground. Go ahead and TRY to take their guns LOL, I’d love to see that.[/quote]

Abso-fucking-lutely.

I hail from the great state of Tennessee. First BB gun at 5. First shotgun at 10. Friendliest place in the world, full of good, honest, God-fearing people that would give you the shirt off their back…

Till you cross the line and start jacking with their culture and way of life. It is not called the Volunteer State for nothing. I think they could show those Afghans a thing or two.