Alcohol

Before I started working out I would get totally shitfaced about 4-5 nights a week (yeah, I was at university). I also drank beer with meals during the day and sometimes I’d have a breakfast brew too.

As soon as I went on my first cutting diet and removed alcohol my habits completely changed. I now have my notion of alcohol intrinsically linked with the body I used to have and cannot really bring myself to drink that often.

I drink 1 night every 2-3 weeks now and almost exclusively drink vodka with soda and lemon; the calories are low and you’re replacing lost water and vitamins with every drink. I think it’s pretty much impossible to get a hangover off the stuff just as long as you’re not drinking triples or supermarkets’ own brand vodka.

[quote]Randy Smith wrote:
Did you know that toxic is the root of intoxication?

That being said, I get totally smashed as frequently as possible, but not usually more than once per day. Usually.

See, last time I checked, you only live life once. So unless you need 3% bf for a contest, are a paid athlete, are a recovering alcoholic, or have some other legitimate reason to not let 'er rip at least every once in a while, then maybe you should allow yourself to loosen the fuck up and live a little.[/quote]

How bout you get trashed and call it livin and let the sober folks stay sober and call it livin.

NEXT

mmmmmmmmmm bbeeeeeeerrrrrr

I loves it

And kids, you can’t be straightedge until you are FREAKING 21 YEARS OLD (at least). Its hilarious how many 13 year old kids there are claiming to be straight edge.

[quote]dead_lifter5000 wrote:
And kids, you can’t be straightedge until you are FREAKING 21 YEARS OLD (at least). Its hilarious how many 13 year old kids there are claiming to be straight edge. [/quote]

I’d disagree with that compeletely. Maybe not 13. But high school and college are the time when drinking holds the most appeal and the social life revolves most around drinking. I’m of the view that moderation is fine and even some excess in these young years.

But it takes a person of pretty strong moral fiber IF they don’t want a drink to be an indiivual and choose not to during these periods. After college, it’s not even straight-edged not to drink anymore. Just another life-style choice.

Even among those who do drink, it’s not socially acceptable in most circles to be extremely wasted and roudy anymore. As time goes on, more and more people are married. You’re not really missing much by foregoing a drink when you’re out-to-dinner with another couple or at a house-party or bar where people go for a few drinks.

I wouldn’t call it straight-edged. But wild parties and bars and clubs as a young person are much less fun when you’re sober. Especially if you’re the only sober one

i drink pretty often, mostly social or while watching football(soccer). im drinkin a newcastle as i type.

also im in college and its not messing with my grades, in fact in spanish class we had to go to a spanish setting, so of course my group choose the bar. so we got drunk with some random mexicans and filmed it for the teacher, it was a good laugh and we got an A. so to to me beer=good grades.

i’ve cut down on my drinking a lot. go out binge drinking. i used drinking to hide personal problems - i would get shitfaced to escape.

at first, i told my friends that i was cutting down on drinking - i really was afraid to tell them the real reason why i was cutting back. they didn’t believe me and didn’t think i could just have 1-2 social drinks and be happy.

so they kept ragging on me for not getting shitfaced. so i got the courage to tell them what was going on and why i needed to stop drinking like i was. and they’ve been supportive beyond all expectations.

i still drink, but i won’t binge drink anymore. i’ll go buy a quality 4 pack or 6 pack and drink 2-3 at a party through out the night and i’ll be happy.

i’ve found the happy medium and my friends support me and its been great for my training and overall well-being.

Whether or not you’re allowed to drink has nothing to do with whether or not you do drink. Therefore one can be straight edge at any age. Marijuana is illegal for people of all ages, yet it’s still considered straight edge to abstain from this as well.

There is no point to drinking AT ALL. Having fun is no excuse, because having fun is merely a choice; drinking is only one’s justification for choosing. Why not simply choose? Only living once is no excuse; It would seem to me that only having one life would motivate you to build yourself up as much as possible, allowing the most long term enjoyment from life.

And those who drink cannot drink the blood of their enemies. And if you can’t do that then what’s worth living for?

I drink only on special occasions, which usually amounts to 4-6 times per year. I usually get pretty obliterated when it goes down, though. I think that’s the way to do it.

[quote]HardcoreHorn wrote:

And those who drink cannot drink the blood of their enemies. And if you can’t do that then what’s worth living for?[/quote]

I take a few vodka shots and then drink the blood of my enemies. Then eat their spleens as well.

There is no point to drinking AT ALL. Having fun is no excuse, because having fun is merely a choice; drinking is only one’s justification for choosing. Why not simply choose? Only living once is no excuse; It would seem to me that only having one life would motivate you to build yourself up as much as possible, allowing the most long term enjoyment from life.
[/quote]

Euphoria? Drunk chicks are easier to pick up?

To say that there’s no “point” to heavy drinking or any other kind of recreational drug use is completely retarded. Every once in a while, it’s fun to party, especially when you’re young.

Life isn’t ALL about self-improvement to the deprication of enjoyment nor is it about enjoyment to the deprication of self-improvement.

Whether or not you’re allowed to drink has nothing to do with whether or not you do drink. Therefore one can be straight edge at any age. Marijuana is illegal for people of all ages, yet it’s still considered straight edge to abstain from this as well.

And those who drink cannot drink the blood of their enemies. And if you can’t do that then what’s worth living for?[/quote]

What the heck is all that noise about?

There is no point to drinking AT ALL. Having fun is no excuse, because having fun is merely a choice; drinking is only one’s justification for choosing. Why not simply choose? Only living once is no excuse; It would seem to me that only having one life would motivate you to build yourself up as much as possible, allowing the most long term enjoyment from life.[/quote]

Why not simply choose? Because having a good time isn’t only as easy as flicking the “fun switch”. In certain situations, alcohol can DEFINITELY facilitate good times.

I am in college, and am a firm believer that the social aspect of it is a huge factor in getting the complete package. The “college experience”, if you will. And, like it or not, the social aspect of the “college experience” takes place, for the most part, in a party setting, most always involving alcohol. Now, I’ve played DD in the past, and I can say with great certainty that being the one sober kid amongst a group of drunks makes having a good time…difficult (to say the least). If I’m sober, I’m on a completely different wavelength than my drunk friends. So, for me at least, drinking does have a point.

Oh, fuck it, I won’t sugarcoat it: I enjoy drinking. That’s why I do it. It’s why I wack off, watch cheesy horror movies, and play guitar (generally in that order, though on occasion I like to see where the day takes me). I’m not a masochist; a Spartanic lifestyle holds absolutely no appeal to me. I’ll do useless shit simply because they give me something to look forward to during times of stress.

I dunno, Dracula… sex, drugs, and rock 'n roll?

I know, it’s cliche, but yours is lame, so deal with it.

I think alcohol tastes like a fat pizza delivery guys sweaty arsehole (long story…) so never drink, even when it’s open tab and everyone else is drunk…

but noone cares, because i dont preach… unless they are alcoholics, because everyone knows abuse is wrong!

[quote]conner wrote:
HardcoreHorn wrote:
There is no point to drinking AT ALL. [/quote]

Certainly you don’t need alcohol to have fun, but I think it’s easier to have fun when you’re drunk. A little buzz gets you talking, helps a clam come out of his shell

[quote]belligerent wrote:
conner wrote:

…helps a clam come out of his shell
[/quote]

Am I the only one that finds that funny?

Old school rule still holds wisdom: If you can’t handle it like a Man, don’t drink it!…Nuff’ Said…

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
HardcoreHorn wrote:
And those who drink cannot drink the blood of their enemies. And if you can’t do that then what’s worth living for?
I take a few vodka shots and then drink the blood of my enemies. Then eat their spleens as well.[/quote]
What,No Fava beans or Chianti?/:wink:

[quote]AKA wrote:
I think alcohol tastes like a fat pizza delivery guys sweaty arsehole (long story…) [/quote]

Well?

You really are a small, dumb child, aren’t you?