Alcohol with Steroids

If you read this weeks’ issue of Tmag you will see the #1 killer drug in America is…
guess what? …Alcohol…duh!

JBone-
Everyone’s answer has truth and you can take away a little from each of them. I’m in your shoes but younger(19 yrs at a University glorifed for its numerous #1 party school in the nation awards). I also liked to endulge about twice a week with 10+ drinks (kegstands add up quick). However, I quit going out for my first and current cycle. I’m on all the milk thistle and liver supplements for protection, but I’m doing it for my personal goals. If your gonna do it, do it right and get it over with. I like to imagine the extra 10-15 lbs of LBM that I would lose from drinking(throws off diet and messes up workout schedule, esp during the week, which is my fav time to go out) Just suck it up for now and then shine when it’s time.
Oh yeah when everyone asks what you’re on tell them food or AMINOS!

warhorse, agreed.

You said you run out of things to do on the weekend. HOW ABOUT WORKING OUT!!! Hell, the gymn is never as packed on the weekend out here because everybody has something else to do. I work weekends, my wife does not so when I get home from work I get to go to the gymn. Mon, Tues are my days off. Find it rather difficult to believe that there is nothing to do in Michigan on a weekend but go to a bar. That is just not true. Bordem is what you make of it.

I give my cycles the respect they deserve. I workout WAY too fucking hard to let ANYTHING come in the way of my progress, INCLUDING alcohol. If I go out, ONE drink. That’s all. I can have a good time without drinking. When I’m of my cycle, that’s a different story, but I still drink in moderation. Bodybuilding is a lifestyle for me, and my lifestyle doesn’t include drinking in excess.

I tend to agree with Squatty on this one. I drink every once in a while…just got back from a guys trip in Sunny Capitola (CA) and 4 of us downed 48 beers in 1 1/2 days. I didn’t feel great the next day but I believe that a few drinks every once in a while are not going to hurt you. It is important though, to remember to take your liver protectants as a preventative tool(milk th., Liv-52, etc) and lots of water.

Alcohol kills testosterone levels pretty badly. However, countering with Tribex and M at max dosages will help significantly.

Alcohol is a tricky bastard. It’s effect on the GABA receptor affects the pituitary gland in separate ways depending on the “dosage” (Read: “How fucked up you get”) and how often you use it. Having two shots per night while using Tribex and M will have almost zero negative effects. However, it’s harder to knock out an 8 beer slam against your brain with phytochemicals but it helps.

Prisoner#22. I am uncertain that the enzyme that eliminates ethanol is the same enzyme that eliminates something like methandrostenalone. I’m no expert, but there isn’t one magical enzyme that kills all “evil” substances in your body. Insights?