T Nation

Alcohol While On

Hey guys… I was just curious on how much of an effect one night of drinking would be on my gains. I am on 750mg/wk Sustanon250… I have a very structured diet so outside this one night everything would be up to par but I am invited to a bachelor party next weekend and i guess this just ended up being bad planning on my part… any help ?

bmc

One night?

Don’t even worry about it, you’re fine. In any case, drink one for me.

Drink water/soda water.

Not one person at the average bachelor party will be sober enough, long enough, to care and/or screw with you.

Maintain the discipline. Picking up gear is not something that should ever be taken lightly or without dedication. Remain dedicated to your goals, put aside all fears of what others think, and do the right thing by you.

No, it will not kill you, nor will you notice any major decrease in gains by drinking one night while taking 750mg/wk Sus250. Drink a lot of water before and after. Take your supplements as usual and you will live.

IMHO we do what we do regardless of the law, because we are educated and dedicated. Remain dedicated to your lifting and diet plan.

Simple sugars suck.
There is a time and place for everything.

While “on cycle” is NOT the the time.

While I would agree 100% with everything stoney665 says, IMVHO this is a very rare occasion–I take it this bachelor is someone close to you. So in that case I really don’t see the harm in having a few. Don’t get stinko though, maintain control. But life is for living, and you should help celebrate the man’s transition into married life.

I know for a fact that although I’ve sacrificed countless college parties, outings, pub crawls, and birthday parties on the altar of strength goals and physique transformation I would not sacrifice ALL social occasions. To do so would defeat my training.

Ultimately I do this to enhance my life, and because its part of who I am. I did not sacrifice my graduation day. I did not sacrifice the birth of two good friends’ son/daughter, and I would not sacrifice a good friend’s wedding or bachelor party. Those are supposed to be once in a lifetime events.

I think you’re going to get a lot of very intelligent people disagreeing with each other on this one. Ultimately I think you have to decide for yourself what is right for you.

If you drink one night on cycle, but have everything else in line on a routine basis, as you claim, then you’re just fine.

Contrl wants you to have one for him, well have two more for me…

And since you probably haven’t drank in quite a while, get ready for your tolerance to be near non-existent.

World

I recall from Cortes’ log that he got drunk at a party and ended up with a start of gyno the next day. Coincidence, maybe. I would drink in moderation, sir.

EDIT:

Apparently it wasnt Cortes’ log, but it was someones! I am not making stuff up. :\

[quote]Thewannabe wrote:
I recall from Cortes’ log that he got drunk at a party and ended up with a start of gyno the next day. Coincidence, maybe. I would drink in moderation, sir.[/quote]

Huh?!

What in the hell are you talking about?

I wouldnt make a habit of it, however dont be afraid to live life a little.

[quote]Cortes wrote:
Thewannabe wrote:
I recall from Cortes’ log that he got drunk at a party and ended up with a start of gyno the next day. Coincidence, maybe. I would drink in moderation, sir.

Huh?!

What in the hell are you talking about?[/quote]

Must of been someone else’s log. Was trying to find it via search function, but I couldn’t. Oh well, sorry about that.

there are no 17aa steroids in your cycle so i would say your good to go, as said though, just dont go mad with it, more for the sugar aspect, low carb beer perhaps? i dont drink personally so i dont know if they taste like piss or not lol

have a good night

[quote]Thewannabe wrote:

EDIT:

Apparently it wasnt Cortes’ log, but it was someones! I am not making stuff up. :[/quote]

That happened to me!

*joes smile drops as embarrassment creeps up… steps quietly out of the room.

Ya in all seriousness, alcohol seriously does aggrevate my nipples, so if i do go out on the lash (a rare occasion these days) i take it easy, and i take a few nolva before-hand.

If it is your liver you are worried about, dont have a real mash-up and drink plenty of water.

Joe

Thanks guys for everyones input… I’ll be deciding within the next couple days but I dont think I can turn down a once in a lifetime opportunity…

bmc

ummmm Go have a blast?! Im not really sure what youre contemplating really? stay home, play with yourself, imagine how much fun strange pussy your friends are probably getting, etc… OR go out and get it for yourself while living it up! sounds like an easy choice to me

The only difference I notice is that I get brutally dehydrated while drinking on the sauce. As long as I get a healthy amount of water in the mix, I like it alright. During my busy times at work I have run cycles. During these times, I train less, eat like shit, sleep too little and drink/smoke like hell.

Both times I had great strength gains on par with cycles where I have been much more careful with body. My hunch is that a gassed-up lifter can get away with a lot more stupid shit than a clean lifter- that includes matters of diet, rest, and, in this case, alcohol.