T Nation

Alcohol While on Gear

Hey! I have had this doubt for a long time now. It isn’t for me though a i don’t drink anyway but my partner and i are starting a Deca,D-Bol,Test E and Eq cycle. He wants to know if it would be okay to drink once a week during the cycle. In fact it would not even be regular only on two occasions as he is getting married in 2 months time. Is it okay to have beer or brandy these r the stuff he normally has. Pl let me know asap as we intend starting the cycle in a few days time.

If your not sure …why not just wait? Seems logical to me.

I think it’s fine…I mean, your diets need to be in check. One drink here and there shouldn’t be too bad- but correct me if I’m wrong. I know plenty of guys who get hammered multiple times a week, while on AAS, and they still get fine results.

[quote]tico1028 wrote:
I think it’s fine…I mean, your diets need to be in check. One drink here and there shouldn’t be too bad- but correct me if I’m wrong. I know plenty of guys who get hammered multiple times a week, while on AAS, and they still get fine results.[/quote]

if ur drinking while on that cycle, your gains are the last thing u should be worried about. your liver is gonna hate you. AAS (especially orals) are really tough on the liver. so is alcohol. your liver is already going to be working overtime from the gear, and if u throw in the alcohol, the toxicity is going to be way too much for your liver to process at one time. a few drinks never hurt anyone, but for the love of god dont get sauced.

I had a thread about this during my last cycle. I try not to drink and do drugs while on but the fact of the matter is that I have very little willpower and i love drinking and drugs. I personally know one guy that was doing about a 1/2-1gram of coke a day and drinking during an anadrol cycle…he turned yellow and started peeing blood at one point but I am sure his liver was already pretty taxed going into it and the anadrol is really harsh.

I am pretty sure drinking/drugs negatively effected my gains and my health in general on cycle…more so than usual, i can’t say but it didn’t kill me. I think the real problem is with long term steroid use (ie orals for over 6 weeks in combination with coke, booze, etc) or with cases of extreme abuse like my friend…this is what will really fuck you up. A night or two of pounding back drinks won’t do much except maybe sacrifice a bit of progress in the gym.

FG

I don’t drink with orals. Injectables only, sure, beer is my PWO drink lol. I’m might be paranoid though.

[quote]youngguns516 wrote:
tico1028 wrote:
I think it’s fine…I mean, your diets need to be in check. One drink here and there shouldn’t be too bad- but correct me if I’m wrong. I know plenty of guys who get hammered multiple times a week, while on AAS, and they still get fine results.

if ur drinking while on that cycle, your gains are the last thing u should be worried about. your liver is gonna hate you. AAS (especially orals) are really tough on the liver. so is alcohol. your liver is already going to be working overtime from the gear, and if u throw in the alcohol, the toxicity is going to be way too much for your liver to process at one time. a few drinks never hurt anyone, but for the love of god dont get sauced.

[/quote]

The OP is asking about drinking two times. I don’t think even getting “sauced” two times is going to send him to the hospital.

OP, your friend is fine. It’s his wedding, let loose. Of course, yes, keep it to only a few times.

I attempt to never get drunk while on cycle and I gave up street drugs years ago. A couple drinks and even the occational drunken night will not kill you, but it sure as hell won’t help you either. While on cycle I attempt to keep diet, sleep and training in check to the fullest. But yeah, I slip up every once in a while.

I’m not going to go so far as to saying I have a drinking problem, because so long as I can afford it, it’s not a problem.

But much like Diana Bolann said, I try to avoid excessive alcohol consumption while using oral AAS by any means possible. Perhaps one of the biggest reasons I tend to use injectables 95% of the time is because I neither care to nor want to put down the booze.

One thing to look into is the hormonal effects of alcohol it emits estrogen and can lead to gyno and inhibit your gains…Not sure in moderation but its worth looking into…I would like to see a thread on people that have gotten gyno and weather or not they were prone or actually drank in excess while on?

I would think that drinking a couple times while on cycle wouldn’t hinder your progress, at least not in any considerable way.

Now during PCT is a different story, particularly a traditional route with Nolva and no taper. Excessive boozing when your natural test production is shut down could slow your recovery and perhaps lead to the loss of some of your gains.

…and if you were in the “sensitized” state so many report with Nolva, you’d probably end up drunk dialing your ex or crying in front of other men!! Don’t risk it!

[quote]vnkat wrote:
Hey! I have had this doubt for a long time now. It isn’t for me though a i don’t drink anyway but my partner and i are starting a Deca,D-Bol,Test E and Eq cycle. He wants to know if it would be okay to drink once a week during the cycle. In fact it would not even be regular only on two occasions as he is getting married in 2 months time. Is it okay to have beer or brandy these r the stuff he normally has. Pl let me know asap as we intend starting the cycle in a few days time.[/quote]

Quick question. Why are you taking Deca and EQ in the same cycle??? There’s no reason to take them both.

[quote]FuriousGeorge wrote:
I try not to drink and do drugs while on but the fact of the matter is that I have very little willpower and i love drinking and drugs. [/quote]

[quote]Diana Bolann wrote:
Injectables only, sure, beer is my PWO drink lol.[/quote]

[quote]Contrl wrote:
Perhaps one of the biggest reasons I tend to use injectables 95% of the time is because I neither care to nor want to put down the booze.[/quote]

LOL!

Unfortunately or not, I’m in agreement with all of this.

[quote]chillain wrote:
FuriousGeorge wrote:
I try not to drink and do drugs while on but the fact of the matter is that I have very little willpower and i love drinking and drugs.

Diana Bolann wrote:
Injectables only, sure, beer is my PWO drink lol.

Contrl wrote:
Perhaps one of the biggest reasons I tend to use injectables 95% of the time is because I neither care to nor want to put down the booze.

LOL!

Unfortunately or not, I’m in agreement with all of this.

[/quote]

Okay, I’m glad I’m not the only one. There have been threads before where people get torn a new asshole for simply contemplating having a beer while on.

I just had 5 as a tribute to this post.

tell your friend to smoke weed instead, so he gets the munchies and consumes another 2000 cals :smiley:

So that huge Bottle of Chimay Grand Reserve in my fridge doesn’t have to stay there any longer?

Well, I’ll be…