Alcohol Sugar in Low Carb Bars

I was on a low carb diet for 10 weeks, now taking a breather(starting up again tommorow) while in my previous cut I noticed some low carb bars had alcohol sugar, which apparently didn’t count towards the carbohydrate count in the nutritional value tables. Now I remember reading that with alcohol your body doesn’t absorb the carbohydrates in say a beer because it can’t( I may be completely wrong here, so feel free too correct me). So does this instead make protein bars containing alcohol sugar ok too eat?

does it have any negative impact on your body’s function? etc?

The sugar alcohols don’t raise insulin, but they are still processed by your body before the fat, so they interrupt the fat burning. They should not be used during the induction phase.

Truly low-carb bars probably don’t exist.

And doing a low carb diet for 10 weeks makes no sense because you barely adapt at that time. Heard people say 3 months before even trying to make any adjustments and I would agree.

yeah, they don’t spike insulin like regular carbs but they still do provide calories. Depending on the sugar alcohol in question, its anywhere from .5-3 cal/g, typically about 2cal/g.

But most of the bars are absolute junk with tons of soy. Make your own- peanut butter with protein powder as a base then tweak around with it till you find a recipe you like. I know Berardi has some good ones out there…

[quote]Majin wrote:

And doing a low carb diet for 10 weeks makes no sense because you barely adapt at that time. Heard people say 3 months before even trying to make any adjustments and I would agree.[/quote]

I dropped around 30-35lbs so I’d say it worked

Well, if that’s what you intended then yes.

[quote]jtg987 wrote:
Majin wrote:

And doing a low carb diet for 10 weeks makes no sense because you barely adapt at that time. Heard people say 3 months before even trying to make any adjustments and I would agree.

I dropped around 30-35lbs so I’d say it worked[/quote]

ZING!

Nice work.

[quote]jtg987 wrote:

does it have any negative impact on your body’s function? etc?[/quote]

Don’t eat too many grams of sugar alcohols because it will absolutely RUIN your intestines! Just make sure you aren’t around people because you are going to be extremely uncomfortable, so say it nicely.

[quote]Michele C wrote:
jtg987 wrote:

does it have any negative impact on your body’s function? etc?

Don’t eat too many grams of sugar alcohols because it will absolutely RUIN your intestines! Just make sure you aren’t around people because you are going to be extremely uncomfortable, so say it nicely.[/quote]

shes not kidding. lets just say FARTY AND BLOATED ;]

[quote]jtg987 wrote:
Majin wrote:

I dropped around 30-35lbs so I’d say it worked[/quote]

Ditto - in 10 weeks I dropped over 16lbs and went from 15% to sub 10% bodyfat.