Alcohol and Morals

Can they co-exist?

btw…my favorite song today,

so what if i never wanna be sober?
so what if i wanna be numb all the time?
I cant justify why I’d wanna go slower
taking my time just ain’t my style, yeah

I’ll walk dead or alive
I’ll waste my time whenever I like
I’m feelin okay with my whiskey hangover

So what you cleaned your act up so far
so what if im pissing into the wind (again)?
Have you ever thought that I’m not who you are? (baby)
cause even when i lose i know how to win again and again
So sick of you preaching all the time
Just keep your shitty advice inside

I’ll waste my time whenever I like
I’m feelin ok with my whiskey hangover
Cause I’ll walk dead or alive
I’ll waste my time whenever i like
I’m feelin ok with my whiskey hangover
lets go!

One sip ain’t gunna do shit
on the 2nd sip i begin to admit
that the 3rd one down is what makes me feel alright
and number 4 i slam down to the floor
by 5 im ready to fight all night
an then 6, 7, 8 to make me break your face sometimes

Cause I’ll walk dead or alive
Im feelin ok with my whiskey hangover
cuz I’ll walk dead or alive
im feelin ok with my whiskey hangover
with my whiskey hangover
yeah…

Godsmack-

Can you have morals and still drink? I think so

can you elaborate a little bit Edgy?

first off…

who’s got a clear definition of ‘Morals’?

[quote]Edgy wrote:
first off…

who’s got a clear definition of ‘Morals’?[/quote]

if you mean one that won’t raise contention then my answer is no one…

since when have you been shy 'bout raising contention?

don’t chicken out on me now Polo!

[quote]Edgy wrote:
since when have you been shy 'bout raising contention?

don’t chicken out on me now Polo![/quote]

I’m not being shy by any means … I’m just saying there isn’t a definition out there that someone won’t disagree with and this thread will devolve into an argument about semantics followed by kitteh pics

Can someone be drunk and still act within his or her own set of morals? Prolly not.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
Can someone be drunk and still act within his or her own set of morals? Prolly not.[/quote]

I was going to disagree but then i thought back on my own drunken nights and have to agree with you

Can they do it? yes. Is it likely? no.

that DOES happen…

are morals societally driven, or are they individual?

[quote]Edgy wrote:
are morals societally driven, or are they individual? [/quote]

most, if not all, individuals inheret their sense of morality through observation or instruction in some form, therefore, societal…

If drinking and what ever goes with it is within your set of morals then where is the departure?

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
If drinking and what ever goes with it is within your set of morals then where is the departure?
[/quote]

this is what I was referring to earlier Edgy … morals are too ambiguous to really have a set discussion and needs to explicitly defined in order to get anywhere

I’m not arguing with you SkyzykS ya pumpkin pie hair cutted freak :slight_smile:

mebbe your morals are derisive of the situation and the timing?

If it feels good, do it?

can that statement in itself be morally static?

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
[/quote]

A. Sing “come sail away” by Styx at Karaoke and ultimately pull out your cock during the chorus while drunk? hmmmm… Maybe.

B. Even think about going to Karaoke sober? More than likely no.

Therein lies the departure.

Everyone has different morals. Some psycho ass killaz may be against killing young children and some may not be. Or just look at professional killaz. What they do is fucked up according to most people, but to them, they just killin’ corrupt bastards anyway, so its no big deal.

When you’re drunk, and I mean really fuckin wasted, I don’t care who you are, you are not 100% in control of your actions. You’re still responsible for them though, but chances are, you’re likely gonna do something that’s immoral(according to your own beliefs of course), than when you’re sober.

that is a great illustration, Brad.

In your estimation, if you were confronted with a situation that would make you compromise your principals, would that compromise be easier due to your ingestion of alcohol?

have you ever done this?

[quote]B.L.U. Ninja wrote:
Everyone has different morals. Some psycho ass killaz may be against killing young children and some may not be. Or just look at professional killaz. What they do is fucked up according to most people, but to them, they just killin’ corrupt bastards anyway, so its no big deal.

When you’re drunk, and I mean really fuckin wasted, I don’t care who you are, you are not 100% in control of your actions. You’re still responsible for them though, but chances are, you’re likely gonna do something that’s immoral(according to your own beliefs of course), than when you’re sober.[/quote]

when you’re drunk you’re more inclined to adhere to your basest of impulses

[quote]B.L.U. Ninja wrote:

When you’re drunk, and I mean really fuckin wasted, I don’t care who you are, you are not 100% in control of your actions. You’re still responsible for them though, but chances are, you’re likely gonna do something that’s immoral(according to your own beliefs of course), than when you’re sober.[/quote]

you’re saying that I can tell my girlfriend that since I was wasted when I nailed that bar skank, then I should get a pass?