Alcohol and Losing Fat

hey guys im now very committed to just losing fat and gaining/maintaining strength by going real heavy. ive found this works best for me.

I was thinking Monday-Friday eat very healthy, train, sprint/run and then friday nights drink alcohol and maybe on saturday too…would that be ok? not hard liquor or anyhting, just sparks. so basically lift, run , and eat healthy on the weekdays…then drink on friday and saturday with a interval sprinting/lifting workout on saturday also. is it ok to do this? will i still see fat loss if on the days im drinking i run a lot or lift? please someone help. thanks in advance

If your very committed to losing fat then stop drinking and all the empty calories that come with it.
You are setting yourself up to fail any goals you put in front of yourself.

Your progress will be slowed, for sure. By at least 2/7ths.

It’s still possible, I’ve definitely gained strength/muscle and lost fat while drinking heavily on the weekend. I also don’t train after thursday, and make sure i get a nap in soon after, and a great sleep thursday night.

Sparks? sick.

You’d be better off stickin’ to vodka clubs (add some lime?), or beer.

Again, results will definitely be harder to come by.

im saying the days before on friday im gonna run a lot and on saturday im gonna have weight lifting session. should i try it this week and see how much i weigh coming back on monday?

Don’t try to rationalize your weekend drinking. If you wanna drink, go ahead, but know that no matter you do, it will hinder your progress.

and don’t lift on saturday. take walks on the weekend. Nothing that’s going to take a significant amount of recovery.

[quote]lixy wrote:
Don’t try to rationalize your weekend drinking. If you wanna drink, go ahead, but know that no matter you do, it will hinder your progress.[/quote]

Words to live by (and I live by them as I enjoy kicking back a bit on weekends).

Don’t forget the fact that alcohol is very anti-anabolic. Essentially, your body won’t grow while it’s busy detoxifying. If you fall asleep drunk on a Friday night your body won’t do much to recover from the days workout. I try to keep my drinking very light on Fridays, enjoy my Saturdays and keep it clean on Sundays with a little carb up and a glass of wine allowed. Seems to be a good balance for me.

[quote]kobe4life08 wrote:
hey guys im now very committed to just losing fat and gaining/maintaining strength by going real heavy. ive found this works best for me.

I was thinking Monday-Friday eat very healthy, train, sprint/run and then friday nights drink alcohol and maybe on saturday too…would that be ok? not hard liquor or anyhting, just sparks. so basically lift, run , and eat healthy on the weekdays…then drink on friday and saturday with a interval sprinting/lifting workout on saturday also. is it ok to do this? will i still see fat loss if on the days im drinking i run a lot or lift? please someone help. thanks in advance[/quote]

As long as you are burning more calories than you take in you will lose weight.

Drinking fills you with empty calories that will slow your process, but if you are working hard you will still burn more than you take in and will therefore lose weight.

Life should be enjoyed. If you can booze and hit your goals too, even if at a slightly slower rate, and you want to booze, booze.

[quote]texasguy1 wrote:

Life should be enjoyed. If you can booze and hit your goals too, even if at a slightly slower rate, and you want to booze, booze. [/quote]

100% agreed.

I still had great results loosing fat while drinking, but I also didn’t go out and get all kinds of drunk on Friday and saturday nights. I would suggest limiting yourself to a few drinks or a set number of drinks each week.

You can also minimize the damage by making smart(er) alcohol choices. For instance: hard liquor plus a diet soda. I like So-co and diet coke. Ultra light beers ala Bud Select, Miller Lite, and Micholob Ultra are also better options (even if they taste bad).

Personally, I’d rather drink a few good microbrews than a bunch of shitty beer.

thanks guys…but having alcohol in ur body doesnt cause u to store everything u eat as fat instantly right?

what do you guys drink or do after u drink alcohol and ur about to sleep? a lot of water? maybe some green tea? how about the day after? would going in the sauna be helpful in getting the alcohol out ur body as soon as possible?

just dont drink, alcohol is all sorts of bad for you, especially if you want to be commited to bb. Smoke weed instead, no side effects and it will def help you put some weight on if you have a nice diet.

[quote]kobe4life08 wrote:
thanks guys…but having alcohol in ur body doesnt cause u to store everything u eat as fat instantly right?

what do you guys drink or do after u drink alcohol and ur about to sleep? a lot of water? maybe some green tea? how about the day after? would going in the sauna be helpful in getting the alcohol out ur body as soon as possible?[/quote]

No alcohol doesn’t make you store everything as fat.

After drinking have lots of water and a vitamin. Hangovers are caused primarily by dehydration and toxicity. You will also flush many minerals and vitamins out as you piss all night. The water rehydrates you and flushes your system, the vitamin replaces any lost minerals.

Green tea is helpful in the morning if you do feel crappy after your night remedy. so is more water.

a sauna is not a good idea> you are already dehydrated. more sweat will only hurt and the alcohol has left your system long before you wake up anyways. Hopefully not all over your bed.