Alcohol 101

Randman…that would be an interesting thread idea! How about you put some stuff up for me to discuss…eg a quote or something or a question to respond to…and I will…and then Joe can have his fun?
Sort of a YO Vegita thread…
Or in honor of my winning the contest we can start a thread with pictures for me to caption?

Actually…we need to get Prof. X involved too…

[quote]vaughn5000 wrote:
jakewnet44 wrote:
When i drink my thought process tends to be less supplement related. Its more of a “I gotta find a girl and put the pipe to her” kind of thinking. Which leads me to another thought. if one were to bring a young lady home after a night of drinking, would one really give a shit about supplementation. If i am ripping clothing off a buxom blonde, taking a break to pop some ZMA and drink a shake would not be number one on my list of priorities. Just a thought

Do you need to get drunk, or have a drunk girl to get laid? I know it helps . . . but just wondering. Some of us do alright without it.[/quote]

No. I have had sober sex with sober women. Probably more times than i have had drunken/buzzed sex with drunken/buzzed women.

Alot of mental masturbation going on here. Like powder said, if you stay hydrated and continue to eat every 2-3 hours despite your drinking and manage to get a decent protein meal in before you pass out, you should be ok in the morning. Some people like to drink. Some people don’t. Some people have drinking problems and shouldn’t drink. Some people don’t. Some people like to get real drunk every once and awhile and play wreckroom rodeo till 6 in the morning and skeet skeet skeet all over the place when they’re done. I’m one of those people.

I think what PP said has merit. And like Wide said, not everyone drinks just to get wasted and flip the pine. I get plenty of that when I’m sober :slight_smile: Seriously though, I’m not weak, I’m not a sheep, I don’t have confidence issues, blah, blah, blah. I drink because I love beer. Nothing beats a good foreign beer or a microbrew every once in awhile, especially a couple of cold ones on a hot summer afternoon while watching the Cubbies :slight_smile: If someone doesn’t drink for whatever reason (moral, past alcoholism, religious, family past, etc.) that’s fine, but to me the real weakness is when those people judge those who do drink as if they’re ALL a bunch of lustful, pissed (drunk not mad), blithering idiots who can’t control themselves. People on high horses should be drop-kicked off…

:slight_smile:

Wow, don’t be so defensive C.C., someone might que in on that and say that you are in denial.
Just pushing buttons.

[quote]CC wrote:
… but to me the real weakness is when those people judge those who do drink as if they’re ALL a bunch of lustful, pissed (drunk not mad), blithering idiots who can’t control themselves. People on high horses should be drop-kicked off…

:-)[/quote]

That’s awesome. 100 points. I am intrigued by your ideas and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

And yes, the Wrigley Field Bar (With Cubbie Baseball Goodness Inside!) does make a summer beer all the more worthwhile. :slight_smile:

[quote]apayne wrote:
I can’t believe I’m saying this, but give PP a break!..Sheesh, some of you guys need to chill out a little…[/quote]

Exactly what I was going to say. One of the detriments of this site (as well as any online forum) is that people often respond not to the information that is presented but rather to the person presenting the information.

If Prof. X had posted that you can nullify the effects of a crack habit by doing yoga every other Thursday, there would 37 replies saying, “Wow! That’s great info!”

Some of the stuff PP posted here is, in my humble opinion, a bit off. However, most of the information presented is actually good advice. We are T-Men, not monks. If you choose to undertake no behavior that is counterproductive to physical development, great, but do not assume that everyone on this site does likewise.

Those are just my simplistic ramblings…

~Terumo

I don’t think there is any one of us on this board that is a monk, or a choirboy for that matter.

There are a lot of guys who like to be on some sort of edge, to live life to it’s fullest. Sometimes that includes boozing it up.

PP’s post has merit and IMHO was posted in the vein that we can take it on board and have some tips to better prepare for the next time we knock a few back.

However, no matter what my intentions or plans are, once I start drinking in a party atmosphere, my decision making process sucks and I don’t stop, can’t stop drinking, until I’m sufficiently hammered. So with that being said PP’s advice doesn’t help me.

Oh yes, I am the guy we all know who gets too wasted, too naked, too boisterous. There is nothing worse than waking up the following day and making a list of people to say “I’m sorry” to.

So, naturally, I have quit drinking all together once I realized what it was doing to me and my life. Rather than get all wrapped up on meal times and protien intake and have ZMA sitting on the night-stand I just don’t drink. Life is so much simpler fellas. Hangovers, fights, public nakedness, pissed off girlfriends and buddies are no longer a concern, or less of a concern, rather.

GAINER