T Nation

Albuterol Jitters

Ugh, this is hard to hack. Has anyone here been able to avoid the side effects of “the jitters” from taking albuterol (or clen I guess). I just started taking it again after letting my receptors clear, and I cannot stop shaking. This happened the last time I first started on it as well, for about 2 weeks. It just seems worse this time.

Does anyone know a way to remedy this situation? I even shake when I’m writing observations in the lab!

The only way I minimize the side effects is by distributing the daily dosage in very small doses over the course of the day. If I take 200mcg, I split it to five 40mcg doses.

Obviously, in the past when I was stupid enough to take two 100mcg doses, I was shaking like a crackhead on espresso in a cold Minnesota winter.

[quote]JoeyD20 wrote:
Ugh, this is hard to hack. Has anyone here been able to avoid the side effects of “the jitters” from taking albuterol (or clen I guess). I just started taking it again after letting my receptors clear, and I cannot stop shaking. This happened the last time I first started on it as well, for about 2 weeks. It just seems worse this time.

Does anyone know a way to remedy this situation? I even shake when I’m writing observations in the lab![/quote]

I get the jitters too from my albuterol. Instead of taking a double hit try just a single puff. It would work enough for me without as much of the jitts

I don’t take the puffer form. I take the liquid form. The puffer form doesn’t do much for the effects I want out of it, at a tiny dose (100mcg/puff). The liquid form you can get up to 16mg a day. It took some convincing for my doc to give me the liquid prescription when I went in pretending to have asthma. She tried to give me the Rx for the puffer like 100 times, and I refused 100 times.

Currently I take 4x 4mg doses. I guess I will try your advise Contrl and take 8x 2mg doses, that sounds a bit more reasonable.

what do you use it for if ya don’t mind me asking?

Albuterol and clenbuterol are both Beta 2 adrenoreceptor agonists. Without getting into the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of the two drugs, they aid in fat burning (as well as keeping gains lean while bulking). I started using albuterol to cut a few months ago. This time, I will be using it to keep the gains lean while bulking. I wanted to start back on it at the same time I started cycle, but unfortunately my gear was seized, so I started the Albuterol a bit early.

[quote]JoeyD20 wrote:
Albuterol and clenbuterol are both Beta 2 adrenoreceptor agonists. Without getting into the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of the two drugs, they aid in fat burning (as well as keeping gains lean while bulking). I started using albuterol to cut a few months ago. This time, I will be using it to keep the gains lean while bulking. I wanted to start back on it at the same time I started cycle, but unfortunately my gear was seized, so I started the Albuterol a bit early.[/quote]

didn’t know that. thanks

sucks that your gear got taken

I had the shakes really bad with the Liquid Clen�?�
dosage was only 20-40 mg and felt like I was on 10 mini thins�?�
I went to the Pill form and now shakes are gone�?�.
Just thought I would throw that in there from personal experiences…

Kush

dont want to hijack your thread but sense your already talkn about albuterol…

i plan on adding albuterol for cutting phase and am very confused on the dosages. ppl say u ramp up to 16mg/day others say different stuff.

how would you recommend i do it and when i should ramp up (do you even suggest that i should ramp up??) also how much time before my workout would be best to take albuterol?

thx,
juicy.

1 hour before your workout should be fine and you should feel the effects by then, and the other doses just spread them out through the day. Since it is a beta 2 adrenoreceptor agonist, it does mimic some actions of adrenaline, including strength increases. I use strictly 16mg a day, whenever I have used it. I usually use 4 doses of 4mg per day, but I might switch it to 8 doses of 2mg per Contrl’s suggestion.

so ramping up towards 16mg/daily is not nessicary?