T Nation

Albuterol & Insulin

Does Albuterol run at 16mg / day cause insulin resistance like EC does? I can't seem to find much about this around the net. How do the three (Clen, Albut, EC)compare as far as glucose tolerance and insulin sensitivity go? Is the effect they have on insulin sensitivity significant enough to even care about?

Clen does in fact reduce insulin sensitivity not sure about alb
now as far as effects of compounds go I would say Clen is superior but it has a much "dirtier" feeling than Alb,I think ALB is more subtle as far as the sides. and ephedrine will just make you crash and feel like crap at times.

I think its safe to say that Albuterol will have the same effects on insulin sensitivity ans Clen. Do we know how long it lasts for? Simply the active life of the drug, or does it hang around for days, weeks?

elimination half life is like 2.5-5 hours if I remember right.
It is very short acting this is the main difference between clen and alb, alb is much shorter acting.
Duration of effect generally persists for 3-6 hours after inhalation and up to 12 hours (depending on dosage form) after oral administration.

I assume you are talking about Albuterol by the half life. Would it be safe to say that EC would impact insulin sensitivity for a longer period of time post active life, but not as much? I am only thinking that because it lasts longer, but isn't as effective. Am I assuming stupid things here?

Is the impact it has on insulin sensitivity very severe or is it negligible?

Clen last much longer and it is harsher.
Alb is actually more mild than Clen and it has a much shorter life.
so if you would assume anything it should be that Clen would have a harsher effect than Alb.
if you are responsible with your use I wouldnt worry too much.
I have read where a person was diabetic and he was on Clen when his sugar was too high.
He administered his normal dose of slin with no relief,he then took a half dose and still nothing it wasnt until he doubled up his normal slin dose that his sugar started going down.
but unless your already diabetic this should not be an issue and the insulin problem will be such a small problem that you wont notice.

Clen last much longer and it is harsher.
Alb is actually more mild than Clen and it has a much shorter life.
so if you would assume anything it should be that Clen would have a harsher effect than Alb.
if you are responsible with your use I wouldnt worry too much.
I have read where a person was diabetic and he was on Clen when his sugar was too high.
He administered his normal dose of slin with no relief,he then took a half dose and still nothing it wasnt until he doubled up his normal slin dose that his sugar started going down.
but unless your already diabetic this should not be an issue and the insulin problem will be such a small problem that you wont notice.