Album Reps

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
These were the ones I grew up on.

Led Zep II

Frampton Comes Alive

Nevermind The Bollocks, Here’s The Sex Pistols

These are my current (as of the last 15-20 years)

John Coltrane - A love Supreme

Black Crowes - Southern Harmony and Musical Companion

Soundgarden - Badmotorfinger

[/quote]

A Love Supreme is absolutely amazing! Do you have the two-disc version? If not, check it out. There’s a version that has the whole album, plus an alternate version of Psalm, on one disc and a live version of the whole album on the second one. It’s supposedly the only time Coltrane ever played the whole album live. There’s some great duets between Elvin Jones and Coltrane on the live version. In fact, I don’t even really listen to the studio version anymore. It sounds that good live.

And good call on the Black Crowes. Remedy is still one of my favorite songs of all-time and the whole album just has a great overall sound to it. When I think of bands that just have a really great sound to them across all their albums, I think of The Rolling Stones primarily but The Black Crowes always enter the conversation.

If I Never…

hear another Rush or Pink Floyd song ever again, as long as I live, it will be too soon.

Zepplin
First Def Leppard album
anything by:

1. Lynyrd Skynyrd
  2. ZZ Top
  3. Y&T
  4. Black Crows
  5. Disturbed
  6. Godsmack
  7. Mettalica
  8. Rob Zombie

the list goes on…

My first album ever bought? I bought two with money I made mowing lawns, Lynyrd Skynyrd ‘Pronounced’ and Michael Jackson ’ Off The Wall’

[quote]B-Man wrote:
Led Zeppelin IV.

Off topic but has anyone watched ‘It might get loud’ ?[/quote]

AWESOME move/documentary. I have it free with my cable. Watched it several times.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
Evil Empire by Rage Against the Machine
I know most people think their first album was better, but I prefer this one. Most of my favorite tunes by RATM are on this one (Roll Right, Bulls on Parade, Down Rodeo, People of the Sun). When I first started to play the drums, I tried to learn everything on this album. I still remember when the video for Bulls on Parade came out and people were just blown away by how Tom Morello played that solo. Easily one of the best albums of the last 25 years and one that is seriously underestimated by most. Also, the guitar playing on it is so fucking out there, compared to what everyone else was doing at the time, that I think it is legitimately one of the last albums to really have a unique sound. I don’t think there’s that much stuff out there anymore that sounds as unique as Rage did at the time (despite their poor imitators such as Linkin Park or Limp Bizkit). When it comes down to it, Rage is/was a brutally effective rock band with a guitar player who played totally different than pretty much everyone else out there, and I don’t think that can really be said about anyone today.

[/quote]

Completely agree, as well as their self-titled.

Clapton, Who, and Johnny Cash Greatest Hits get a lot play time for me.

Black Flag - My War…a constant in my life’s soundtrack espescially on my darker days

H2O FTTW - Melodic NYHC - at it its finest.

SHOWBIZ & AG - Runaway Slave - one of the most underrated hip hop albums of all time.

SICK OF IT ALL - Blood Sweat and No Tears - Classic Queens NYHC

MONTY LOVE - Girls are the New Boys. A local Staten Island Punk band just plain great three chord screamo melodic stuff, I may have played this album more than any other over the past 5 years and thats saying alot. The best version of girls just want to have fun.

SYSTEM OF A DOWN First Album - Suggestions, Spiders, Sugar…man nothing gets me more amped than this album.

ANTHRAX - STATE OF EUPHORIA - Classic NYC Thrash, fast and talented.

SYSTEM OF A DOWN - TOXICITY - A close second to their first album…Ill play the fuck out of ATWA and Forest

METALLICA - Master of Puppets - brings me back to when I was 14…trying decide to get a marley marl mix tape or the frayed ends of metal. disposable heros, battery and of course Sanitarium, hits my heart and soul like no other.

PUBLIC ENEMY - IT TAKES A NATION OF MILLIONS - My wife and I’s favorite…line by line song by song, great to drive to and get amped.

RANCID - And out come the wolves - just like above but punk and not hip hop

NATALIE MERCHANT - Tigerlilly - it makes me weep like a bitch and I need that sometimes, and I love her voice

RADIOHEAD - The Bends - There may not be a better song on this earth than Street Spirit, every song is what I make it and it makes me feel like no other album

theres so many

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
These were the ones I grew up on.

Led Zep II

Frampton Comes Alive

Nevermind The Bollocks, Here’s The Sex Pistols

These are my current (as of the last 15-20 years)

John Coltrane - A love Supreme

Black Crowes - Southern Harmony and Musical Companion

Soundgarden - Badmotorfinger

[/quote]

A Love Supreme is absolutely amazing! Do you have the two-disc version? If not, check it out. There’s a version that has the whole album, plus an alternate version of Psalm, on one disc and a live version of the whole album on the second one. It’s supposedly the only time Coltrane ever played the whole album live. There’s some great duets between Elvin Jones and Coltrane on the live version. In fact, I don’t even really listen to the studio version anymore. It sounds that good live.

And good call on the Black Crowes. Remedy is still one of my favorite songs of all-time and the whole album just has a great overall sound to it. When I think of bands that just have a really great sound to them across all their albums, I think of The Rolling Stones primarily but The Black Crowes always enter the conversation.[/quote]

YAAAAA STONNNNNESSSSSSSSS !!!

oops I mean

Let it bleed- The Rolling Stones

You folks that listed 5-15 albums kind of missed the point of thread. You can go heavy rotation with a bunch like that, but I’m looking for 1, 2 at the most.

I mean, I have a couple dozen albums that have heavy rotation over 30 years, but only a couple that have broken from the pack.

Top 2?

Boston - More Than a Feeling
Journey - Infinity
Def Leppard - High and Dry - runs a very close 3rd -

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
You folks that listed 5-15 albums kind of missed the point of thread. You can go heavy rotation with a bunch like that, but I’m looking for 1, 2 at the most.

I mean, I have a couple dozen albums that have heavy rotation over 30 years, but only a couple that have broken from the pack.[/quote]

Really though there have been times when all the stuff I listed was played to death. I would hook on to an artist and play them until I almost couldn’t stand them anymore. I’m 48, thats a long time to spread these albums out.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

I mean, I have a couple dozen albums that have heavy rotation over 30 years, but only a couple that have broken from the pack.[/quote]

My daily commute to work is 4 hours, the one before that was 5 hours total. In addition to the additional 7 hours a week at the gym. I have played these albums over and over and over again. In addition to playing these albums while cooking walking the dogs and weekemd road trips it really isnt an exxageration

10 Years - The Autumn Effect

I have not liked much that came after this cd, or much before really, but this one album has been played over and over countless times. Just starting it, and letting it run all the way through.

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

RADIOHEAD - The Bends - There may not be a better song on this earth than Street Spirit, every song is what I make it and it makes me feel like no other album

[/quote]

Man, for all of the acclaim their next two records got, for me this is the most FUN Radiohead LP. I like OK Computer and Kid A, and the stuff that followed was pretty good too, but those records are so soulless compared to The Bends.

Not to mention half the songs [Bones, Fake Plastic Trees, Sulk] are anthems, the others are just REALLY good songs [My Iron Lung, Bulletproof, Street Spirit].

I need to listen to this album again.

Pavement - Westing by Sextant and Musket

Has been in my truck’s cd player for literally years. Got two reps in yesterday driving around doing stuff.

[quote]Edgy wrote:
If I Never…

hear another Rush song ever again, as long as I live, it will be too soon.

[/quote]

You and I are going to meet some day and fight…and I will win with righteous glory.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

Queen Live Killers

I got a hold of it when I was 14…

I would play the live version of We Will Rock You to get pumped up to lift…not the one you hear on the radio, but the one where Brian is playing the chords in the beginning of the song…the entire first side of disc 1 actually was on my record player in my basement where I lifted for probably 2 years and never moved…

I used to bang chicks to Get Down Make Love…it was great…the song lasted 5 minutes me not so long…

Spread Your Wings got me through the death of one of my friends when I was 16…I must’ve played that song a thousand times over a six month period…I hadn’t heard it for 10 years and when I listened to it on my ipod I broke into tears…

My friends and I used to go over to this girl’s house I was dating and we’d blast Tie Your Mother Down because the girl would lock her mom in a room so we could all sneak in and get drunk in the basement…

I must sing Love of My Life to She Say once a week to this day…

[quote]sen say wrote:

[quote]Edgy wrote:
If I Never…

hear another Rush song ever again, as long as I live, it will be too soon.

[/quote]

You and I are going to meet some day and fight…and I will win with righteous glory.[/quote]

What like Bitor and the Snowdog rightous?

"me not so long’ hahahaha…guilty.

Not going to see Queen with my friends when I had the chance in 80’ bugs the shit out of me to
this day.

[quote]sen say wrote:
You and I are going to meet some day and fight…and I will win with righteous glory.[/quote]

Haha~

nuthin personal my freind. I just don’t get them. thier genius is lost on a redneck turd like me.

I like good ol American bands, you know, like Led Zepplin, Rolling Stones and Menudo~

[quote]LarryDavid wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[/quote]

Man, for all of the acclaim their next two records got, for me this is the most FUN Radiohead LP. I like OK Computer and Kid A, and the stuff that followed was pretty good too, but those records are so soulless compared to The Bends.

Not to mention half the songs [Bones, Fake Plastic Trees, Sulk] are anthems, the others are just REALLY good songs [My Iron Lung, Bulletproof, Street Spirit].

I need to listen to this album again. [/quote]

agreed admittedly after ok computer, I lost interest I guess it was over my head. OK Computer was a really good album No Surprises is a constant for me…but almost every song on the bends gets me emotional one way or another (Planet Telex IMO is the worst song but still good).