Alberto Gonzales -- PW'd

Is this guy even a man? I watched him be interrogated (let himself be interrogated) by Democratic Senators, even some pw’d Republicans.

Instead of saying: “Senators, these people serve at the pleasure of the President. It is NOT your concern, and I will not allow you to use me for this spurious attempt at political capital.” Instead, he falls all over himself apologizing for firing cretins.

Where’s my country? Where is its soul? Are we now to be led by rodents? By pussy-whipped ones at that?

I am VERY saddened by this.

Rant over…

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Is this guy even a man? I watched him be interrogated (let himself be interrogated) by Democratic Senators, even some pw’d Republicans.

Instead of saying: “Senators, these people serve at the pleasure of the President. It is NOT your concern, and I will not allow you to use me for this spurious attempt at political capital.” Instead, he falls all over himself apologizing for firing cretins.

Where’s my country? Where is its soul? Are we now to be led by rodents? By pussy-whipped ones at that?

Rant over…[/quote]

The dude lied under oath, and did something illegal. The dems finally found the balls to call the GOP on something. Get over it.

Just lke how they’re now demanding to see the supposedly “lost” 12 million emails.

Only a fool would think it’s okay to politicize the Justice Department… and that’s what they’ve tried to do.

Gonzales is an idiot and he’s totally unqualified for his position, like many of Bush’s apointees. His top assisitant Monica Goodling was even more unqualified, and yet according to Gozales sworn testimony, he let her run the show.

Isn’t there any perceived value on the Right, for competency? It certainly doesn’t appear that is the case at the White House… If you’re a Yes Man, you get promoted. If you ever so much as hint that you don’t consider Bush to be Best President Ever and the Supreme Leader, you get demoted.

Gonzales ‘katrina’d’ the Justice Department.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

Rant over…[/quote]

I don’t see how a person who claims to hold Randian values could have ever aligned themselves with Republicans in the first place…

One day Headhunter is writing about how George Bush is a fake conservative who fooled America. Then he turns around the next day and puts his nose up Bush’s Attorney General’s butt. Apparently today, according to Headhunter, the problem isn’t that the Bush Team is all screwed up, anymore… now the problem is that they aren’t telling everyone to go to hell.

I don’t think Headhunter knows what he thinks about politics, anymore. He’s politically confused, drifting, rudderless.

George W. Bush has apparently had that effect on quite a few Republicans, lately.

I would recommend Dershowitz’s books on this topic… :slight_smile: The partisan politics in the american legal system.

[quote]brushga wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Rant over…

I don’t see how a person who claims to hold Randian values could have ever aligned themselves with Republicans in the first place…
[/quote]

I can see that many here are still confused. The Republicans didn’t do WHAT WE ELECTED THEM FOR!! Do you remember ‘term limits’? A Constitutional amendment to balance the budget? They betrayed us, and I mean ALL of us.

They became spineless and pussified. They tried to outdo the Democrats in the Democrats’ specialty.

The nation is now run by soccer moms and pussy whipped politicians. How absolutely pathetic…

[quote]Brad61 wrote:
Isn’t there any perceived value on the Right, for competency? It certainly doesn’t appear that is the case at the White House… If you’re a Yes Man, you get promoted. If you ever so much as hint that you don’t consider Bush to be Best President Ever and the Supreme Leader, you get demoted.[/quote]

http://www.harrisonline.com/2007/04/bill-maher-elite-and-proud.htm

[quote]Brad61 wrote:
Only a fool would think it’s okay to politicize the Justice Department… and that’s what they’ve tried to do.

…[/quote]

Is this a joke?

Every admin has politicized the justice department. Bush was a fool because he tried to do less of it than the other presidents.

He should have fired every one of them like his old man and Clinton did.

Instead his admin is being crucified for targeting the ones that were not doing their jobs per his standards. The whole fucking thing is backwards.

And AG is a pussy for handling things the way he did.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
brushga wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Rant over…

I can see that many here are still confused. The Republicans didn’t do WHAT WE ELECTED THEM FOR!! Do you remember ‘term limits’? A Constitutional amendment to balance the budget? They betrayed us, and I mean ALL of us.

They became spineless and pussified. They tried to outdo the Democrats in the Democrats’ specialty.

The nation is now run by soccer moms and pussy whipped politicians. How absolutely pathetic…

[/quote]

That is what I have been saying all along.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Brad61 wrote:

Is this a joke?

Every admin has politicized the justice department. Bush was a fool because he tried to do less of it than the other presidents.

He should have fired every one of them like his old man and Clinton did.

Instead his admin is being crucified for targeting the ones that were not doing their jobs per his standards. The whole fucking thing is backwards.

And AG is a pussy for handling things the way he did.[/quote]

That just proves his incompetence.

He should have fired everyone on January 21st, 2001.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Every admin has politicized the justice department. Bush was a fool because he tried to do less of it than the other presidents.[/quote]

Care to elaborate? That’s a pretty big claim. And if you want to bring up Clinton (of course you do, you have Clinton Derangement Syndrome) his Attorney General Janet Reno is considered to have more independance from the White House during her career than almost any AG in modern history. So what the hell are you talking about?

Here’s the heart of the matter: The president can fire US attorneys, but he can’t fire them for ‘bad reasons’ and that is one of the key allegations… firing a US Attorney because they aggressively nailed Republicans in the Jack Abramoff corruption scandal… firing another because someone with White House connections wanted their job… another fired because they didn’t go forward with a voting fraud prosecution despite a lack of evidence.

Then Gonzales goes before the Senate Committee and lies… and gets caught. Do you conservatives have any self respect? How much shit can you possibly eat, on this scandal? You think lying to Congress is okay when a Republican does it? That seems to be the message.

And to get current, yesterday Gonzales testified under oath that he was out of the loop on the firings because he let one of his junior underlings make all the important decisions. So he’s either totally incompetent as an Attorney General, or he’s a bold-faced liar. Take your pick.

But you guys think Gonzales should tell everyone to go to hell? Boy, talk about delusional!!! He’s an idiot!!! Gonzalez has been getting reamed so bad, he’s in no position to say jack shit to anybody, about anything. He’s apparently trying to protect the scandal from reaching the White House, which is why he was hired in the first place… Cronies helping cronies first and foremost, and everything else is secondary. Too bad he’s such a bad liar!

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Instead of saying: “Senators, these people serve at the pleasure of the President. It is NOT your concern, and I will not allow you to use me for this spurious attempt at political capital.” [/quote]

The legality of what he did clearly are in the gray area. If evidence emerges (say the “lost” emails are recovered), it will probably automatically move into the “crime” area. But that’s just the extent of my understanding of the case. I don’t think he would have displayed such clownesque attitude during the hearings if he didn’t know himself guilty at some level.

These people are all employed ‘at will’. That means that GWB can fire them at the drop of a hat.

The problem is that GWB treats the Dems with respect and actually expects the same back (LOL). So, when they asked about the firings, they got responses and began looking for ‘lies’. Pure evil…

He should have told them to mind their own fucking business and that’s EXACTLY how I would have put it to them — behind closed doors of course; don’t want to offend the soccer moms and the faint-of-heart rodents that proliferate over here.

[quote]Brad61 wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

But you guys think Gonzales should tell everyone to go to hell? Boy, talk about delusional!!! He’s an idiot!!! Gonzalez has been getting reamed so bad, he’s in no position to say jack shit to anybody, about anything. He’s apparently trying to protect the scandal from reaching the White House, which is why he was hired in the first place… Cronies helping cronies first and foremost, and everything else is secondary. Too bad he’s such a bad liar![/quote]

You do understand the concept of employment-at-will? The President and the AG didn’t need to explain themselves or their motivations AT ALL.

You can’t treat libs/dems nicely; they take it as weakness and attack like the rabid dogs they are.

Quit looking for lies when you and your gang didn’t deserve an answer in the first place.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
These people are all employed ‘at will’. That means that GWB can fire them at the drop of a hat. [/quote]

No he can’t. I already answered this. Yes, the president can fire US Attorneys but he can’t fire them for a “bad reason” in the words of Arlen Spector, who used to chair the Judicial Committee. I’m going to guess that Arlen Spector knows more about this than you do.

And that’s one of the key allegations against Gonzales… that US Attorneys were fired for “bad reasons”.

Secondly, according to Gonzales, he is letting second stringers run the department and make firing decisions. That’s not illegal but it’s a good reason to call for his dismissal. If he’s not running his own department, then he’s incompetent.

Third, he has lied to Congress. Not “misspoke” as he claims… he’s a liar.

That’s why he’s toast. He’s history, and everyone knows it.

When you’ve been caught lying, sleeping on the job, and flaunting the rules, you’re in no position to tell anyone to go to hell. That’s why you see Gonzales apologizing left and right, now. He screwed the pooch, and all that’s left to do now is wait for the paternity test results to come back from the lab.

[quote]Brad61 wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

Care to elaborate? That’s a pretty big claim. …[/quote]

Clinton fired every single one of them and installed all his own cronies. I cannot think of anything more political than that.

[quote]Brad61 wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
These people are all employed ‘at will’. That means that GWB can fire them at the drop of a hat.

No he can’t. I already answered this. Yes, the president can fire US Attorneys but he can’t fire them for a “bad reason” in the words of Arlen Spector, who used to chair the Judicial Committee. I’m going to guess that Arlen Spector knows more about this than you do.
…[/quote]

Spector is posturing and trying to make himself relevant.

Bush can fire them all at the drop of a hat for no reason. Just like Clinton did.

[quote]Brad61 wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

[/quote]

So Clinton had good reason to fire 93 all at the same time?

LMAO!!

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

So Clinton had good reason to fire 93 all at the same time?

LMAO!![/quote]

A question we will are all interested in hearing an answer to.