T Nation

ALAS Program - 4 Days, Length, Goal?

https://www.t-nation.com/training/athlete-lean-athlete-strong

Hi I have couple of questions in regards to the program.

1). Is it possible to do this 4 days a week, meaning all 5 days on rotation, For example do Days 1, 2, 3, 4 (just the lifting ones, omitting energy work) for Week 1 and then do Days 5,1,2,3 for week 2 and so on?

2). How long should one perform this routine consistently before switching to something else?

3). And I know you mentioned a little bit of both in the article but is this mainly a fat loss program or meant for improving athletic performance like for increasing Power Development etc?

Thanks for the help as always.

[quote]sidhu524 wrote:
Hi I have couple of questions in regards to the program.

1). Is it possible to do this 4 days a week, meaning all 5 days on rotation, For example do Days 1, 2, 3, 4 (just the lifting ones, omitting energy work) for Week 1 and then do Days 5,1,2,3 for week 2 and so on?

2). How long should one perform this routine consistently before switching to something else?

3). And I know you mentioned a little bit of both in the article but is this mainly a fat loss program or meant for improving athletic performance like for increasing Power Development etc?

Thanks for the help as always. [/quote]

1. Yes that’s fine

2. The program is 4 weeks… or in your case 4 rotations

3. It is a program that will improve athletic performance while getting you much leaner. If you want to emphasize athletic development consume a caloric surplus, if you want to emphasize fat loss use a caloric deficit. Either way you will get both.

Ok Thanks. And if its only 4 weeks would it be ok if I did the Sprinting before one of the upper body days during the week?