Alarmingly - Uneven Arms

I took my measurements (arms, legs, chest, waist etc) the other day as its something I?ve never done, so I can see the results during bulking/cutting etc!

Problem is my right arm is 4cm (about 1.5?) bigger than my left, I?ve always noticed its slightly smaller but this is a joke ? its way out of proportion!

What can I do about this?

Rik
UK

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.

Start whacking off with your other arm.

I guess you could consider yourself lucky since they’re the same length. That’d be a funny (read: disasterous) clean and jerk.

I don’t mean to be an insensitive asswipe, but I have a rough time understanding questions like this. I do understand your alarm, but 2 things here:

  1. Why did it take you so long to address this?

  2. You need to read at least 16 articles and create a spreadsheet with a bare minimum of 2 different formulas to calculate your enormously advanced need for either more or harder work or both for the trailing arm.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
I don’t mean to be an insensitive asswipe, but I have a rough time understanding questions like this. I do understand your alarm, but 2 things here:

  1. Why did it take you so long to address this?

  2. You need to read at least 16 articles and create a spreadsheet with a bare minimum of 2 different formulas to calculate your enormously advanced need for either more or harder work or both for the trailing arm.[/quote]

Lol your so right!

  1. I didnt think it was that far off…

  2. Which 16 articles is that then? :slight_smile:

There are lots - probably too many articles for any newbie wanting to learn something like this.

I wouldnt have asked it if i knew which article to read but the titles dont exactly give away whats inside the articles.

Rik

I’m jist sayin learn to connect your concentration to the muscles in the smaller arm and work it harder. Do some dumbbell stuff, maybe some occasional post failure methods like eccentric only concentration curls and cable pulldowns. Just be sensible so you don’t wind up with connective tissue on your floor.

I can almost promise you this started by your not being conscious of the fact that you were favoring the naturally stronger arm of which most of us have one. That’s why I mention concentration. It may take some effort, but you need to mentally overcome that.

My left lat is smaller than my right at the moment and I’m having to do just that for that situation.

The point of my lighthearted sarcasm was that the solutions to imbalances are usually simple and fairly obvious though things like nerve damage for example can make things more complicated.

[quote]Andrew Dixon wrote:
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.

Start whacking off with your other arm.[/quote]

But I only beat off one armed, and my arms are the same size. What does this mean?

[quote]tveddy wrote:
Andrew Dixon wrote:
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.

Start whacking off with your other arm.

But I only beat off one armed, and my arms are the same size. What does this mean?[/quote]

you use the mouse with the other hand?

-chris

Just change all your arm methods to DBs so each arm works the same.

When your small arm can’t do anymore, stop with the big arm (lol) and then grind a few more out with the small arm, even using a drop set. Eventually it will catch up.

[quote]realpeanutbutter wrote:
tveddy wrote:
Andrew Dixon wrote:
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.

Start whacking off with your other arm.

But I only beat off one armed, and my arms are the same size. What does this mean?

you use the mouse with the other hand?

-chris[/quote]

No, I use porn on TV not the computer, cause the internet is at work.

[quote]Sxio wrote:
Just change all your arm methods to DBs so each arm works the same.
[/quote]

You can beat off with a dumbell!? Wow! I’m amazed.

[quote]tveddy wrote:
realpeanutbutter wrote:
tveddy wrote:
Andrew Dixon wrote:
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.

Start whacking off with your other arm.

But I only beat off one armed, and my arms are the same size. What does this mean?

you use the mouse with the other hand?

-chris

No, I use porn on TV not the computer, cause the internet is at work.

Sxio wrote:
Just change all your arm methods to DBs so each arm works the same.

You can beat off with a dumbell!? Wow! I’m amazed.
[/quote]

practice,practice,practice

dominant with that arm, so increase motor neuron activation in your weaker arm with extra work, if you have a dumbell around the house, just simple curls and 1 arm tricep extensions, just keep adding reps ever 2 days, every week keep testing arm strength until they are even, then the size should be equal. I had the same problem and with about 100 extra reps with a 20 lb dumbel a day my arms equalized.

[quote]tveddy wrote:
Andrew Dixon wrote:
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.

Start whacking off with your other arm.

But I only beat off one armed, and my arms are the same size. What does this mean?[/quote]

Sounds like a case of not enough time under tension.

Maybe. I’m not trying to be a marathoner. I’m just here to get the job done.

[quote]Andrew Dixon wrote:
tveddy wrote:
Andrew Dixon wrote:
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.

Start whacking off with your other arm.

But I only beat off one armed, and my arms are the same size. What does this mean?

Sounds like a case of not enough time under tension.[/quote]

Its all about high frequency training
try two a day workouts.

[quote]tveddy wrote:
Maybe. I’m not trying to be a marathoner. I’m just here to get the job done.

Andrew Dixon wrote:
tveddy wrote:
Andrew Dixon wrote:
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.

Start whacking off with your other arm.

But I only beat off one armed, and my arms are the same size. What does this mean?

Sounds like a case of not enough time under tension.

[/quote]

[quote]tveddy wrote:
Maybe. I’m not trying to be a marathoner. I’m just here to get the job done.

Andrew Dixon wrote:
tveddy wrote:
Andrew Dixon wrote:
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.

Start whacking off with your other arm.

But I only beat off one armed, and my arms are the same size. What does this mean?

Sounds like a case of not enough time under tension.

[/quote]

No, no, no, not marathon. 45 second bursts with 60 seconds of…

forget it, im scaring myself.

Maybe I’m just using too much chalk???

[quote]Andrew Dixon wrote:
tveddy wrote:
Maybe. I’m not trying to be a marathoner. I’m just here to get the job done.

Andrew Dixon wrote:
tveddy wrote:
Andrew Dixon wrote:
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.

Start whacking off with your other arm.

But I only beat off one armed, and my arms are the same size. What does this mean?

Sounds like a case of not enough time under tension.

No, no, no, not marathon. 45 second bursts with 60 seconds of…

forget it, im scaring myself.[/quote]

teeeheeeheee

[quote]hardcoreukno0359 wrote:
dominant with that arm, so increase motor neuron activation in your weaker arm with extra work, if you have a dumbell around the house, just simple curls and 1 arm tricep extensions, just keep adding reps ever 2 days, every week keep testing arm strength until they are even, then the size should be equal. I had the same problem and with about 100 extra reps with a 20 lb dumbel a day my arms equalized.[/quote]

I had the same issue when I first started lifting. My right arm was significantly bigger from years of playing tennis. I pretty much did what this guy just said and they evened out in a few weeks.

This may or may not apply to you…but if you flex your good arm in the mirror or wherever significantly more then your bad one, you may want to start flexing your bad one instead…you’de be suprised the difference that could make.