Alain Ngalani

This guy is crazy, he is the heavyweight mui thai champion and i think is going to be going into k-1 boxing/kick boxing.

Anyway he is 31 years old, about 200lbs at 5’8. his style is mainly Muay Thai Kickboxing, Judo, BJJ, Full Contact Karate.

A guy from Crossfit said that he used to train with him and sometimes when he is in Hong kong.But this is what he said

"Yea i train with him when i go back to HK. Hes a close family friend. His website is impakt.hk He’s set to compete in k-1 very soon. He benches about 500, he squats 800. The funny thing is, his brother is bigger than him "

this guy is amazing, not only is he strong, but he is fast, and looks amazing…clearly a good and hard trainer. there are some vids on youtube about his training check them out.

Shadowboxing:

Flexibility/agility:

Core strength/durability:

Bag/pad work:

The “Panther” High Kick:

How it all pays off:

here are some more pics of the panther

Wow I’ve been following him but I never knew he was 5’8!!! I’m 5’8 and a bit and 195lbs and I thought I couldn’t compete in muay thai cause I’m too heavy and too short.

If it’s true he’s actually 5’8 I’m pumped as fuck. If it’s not true, that sucks badly lol. Anyways the claim about an 800 squat seems a little out there lol but I’m sure he can squat some big weight, and bench some big weight too. This made my day.

and another

haha another if this wasnt already posted by me

Did he used to stand around 225? And now has dropped to 200? I always remember him being 225 when competing and stuff cause he’s heavyweight, but I could’ve just been mis-informed. Is he really 5’8 though?

So I just researched him a bit and yeah he is more than 200lbs. And he’s unfortunately for me taller than 5’8 lol.
Weight: 100kg
Height: 1.79m
Born: Cameroon
Stlyes: Muay Thai Kickboxing, Judo, BJJ, Full Contact Karate

He stands around 220lbs. and I got from 1.79m, that equates to 5 feet 10.44 inches so he’s like 5’ 10 and a half pretty much. I need to grow 2 inches taller. Badly.

Guy is swole…wouldn’t want to piss him off, that’s for sure.

The dutch produce countless world class Muay thai/kick-boxers. I never knew he was proficient in BJJ also?

I think some of your information may be incorrect.

A raw 500 bench/800 squat for a 200 lb. muay thai fighter?

Sounds absurd. Those are insane numbers for a highly trained powerlifter, much less some one wearing himself out with all of the cardio and endurance training needed for muay thai.

Certainly looks way solid, but the exaggeration that goes on is a bit much anymore.

[quote]supermick wrote:
The dutch produce countless world class Muay thai/kick-boxers. I never knew he was proficient in BJJ also?

I think some of your information may be incorrect. [/quote]

I’m sure he is proficient in it. If you look at Team Impakt it says there that BJJ is one of his styles. The OP was wrong about the weight, he does weigh at 220lbs. He’s also taller than 5’8, he’s bout 5’10.44 (to get real specific lol). Most fighters have people training other styles around them (in the same gym, in an upper or lower portion if it has one) or the same floor. For him to pick up some BJJ and be good at it I wouldn’t be surprised. He’s definatly awesome.

[quote]supermick wrote:

I think some of your information may be incorrect. [/quote]

Is he Dutch? This is the first I have heard of him.
He kind of reminds me of Melvin Manhoef physically.
If he is Dutch what gym did he come out of?

anyone know about his past, like when he first started training or fighting…bio??

[quote]dl- wrote:
Wow I’ve been following him but I never knew he was 5’8!!! I’m 5’8 and a bit and 195lbs and I thought I couldn’t compete in muay thai cause I’m too heavy and too short.

If it’s true he’s actually 5’8 I’m pumped as fuck. If it’s not true, that sucks badly lol. Anyways the claim about an 800 squat seems a little out there lol but I’m sure he can squat some big weight, and bench some big weight too. This made my day.[/quote]

You can compete in muay thai, just cut the weight. Sub 6 foot heavy weights in muay thai/k-1 are rare. Well successful ones are rare.
On video I think Melvin Manhoef is technically better than Alain Ngalani. I haven’t seen much at all on Alain but form what I have seen that is my analysis. If Alain is Dutch his style didn’t look very Dutch.

Melvin is 176cm(5 feet 9) and 90kg(200 pounds). Very close you your height and weight. Though he has had a very rough time against K-1 heavies. He is extremely tough and technically sound with a good combination of speed and power in both hands and throws very good textbook dutch style combinations. Still size is important. Hopefully K-1 implements their -85kg(under 187 pound) k-1 division.

holy shit!
MOnster

[quote]otoko wrote:
dl- wrote:

If it’s true he’s actually 5’8 I’m pumped as fuck. If it’s not true, that sucks badly lol. Anyways the claim about an 800 squat seems a little out there lol but I’m sure he can squat some big weight, and bench some big weight too. This made my day.

You can compete in muay thai, just cut the weight. Sub 6 foot heavy weights in muay thai/k-1 are rare. Well successful ones are rare.
On video I think Melvin Manhoef is technically better than Alain Ngalani. I haven’t seen much at all on Alain but form what I have seen that is my analysis. If Alain is Dutch his style didn’t look very Dutch.

Melvin is 176cm(5 feet 9) and 90kg(200 pounds). Very close you your height and weight. Though he has had a very rough time against K-1 heavies. He is extremely tough and technically sound with a good combination of speed and power in both hands and throws very good textbook dutch style combinations. Still size is important. Hopefully K-1 implements their -85kg(under 187 pound) k-1 division.
[/quote]

That’s the problem, I don’t want to cut you know. If anything I wanna be 215lbs. I hate how height is a dettering factor. I just watched Melvin vs. Ray Sefo lol and it seemed “easy” for Ray. Just being around 170lbs or so doesn’t really appeal to me. I think I’ll grow a couple more inches. and perhaps be 5’10 cause my dad is taller than me and he said that it wasnt until he was 18 he grew a couple more inches. So I’ll see. I’m sure at 5’10 I’ll have a better shot than being 5’8 and a quarter.

[quote]dl- wrote:
otoko wrote:
dl- wrote:

That’s the problem, I don’t want to cut you know. If anything I wanna be 215lbs. I hate how height is a dettering factor. I just watched Melvin vs. Ray Sefo lol and it seemed “easy” for Ray. Just being around 170lbs or so doesn’t really appeal to me. I think I’ll grow a couple more inches. and perhaps be 5’10 cause my dad is taller than me and he said that it wasnt until he was 18 he grew a couple more inches. So I’ll see. I’m sure at 5’10 I’ll have a better shot than being 5’8 and a quarter.[/quote]

I don’t think weight is a very big deal. Height is a very big deal in Muay Thai and K-1. That is because of knees. Not even knees in the clinch because even if you are short those can be defended. Just free knees e.g. Sato in K-1 Max and Semmy Schilt K-1. They just slam knees in between combinations anytime their opponent steps in and also to advance forward, it doesn’t look very damaging but it just wears their opponents down.

I know that you do not want to cut(I know people who think the same) but if you are serious it is worthwhile to think that over very hard. You don’t have to wait till you are 18 to compete. Alot of guys are competing as young teenagers as amateurs. If you try it out then it would help you decide what weight you should fight at.

Even at 170, you could walk around at 185-190. Even at 170 5’8" is short. You will see alot of guys 5’8" at 70kg(154 pounds) just to give you an idea.
I have met Stefan Leko and he is pretty skinny so weight isn’t as big a limiting factor as height I think.
Not to discourage you, just want you to think about cutting down.

interesting videos, the guy is one awesome athelete…

Well I dunno Stefan Leko looks pretty big lol. I think I’ll go wtih what you said. Try it out and see what I think about it. Even if I do awesome and all, when I’m 30 years old and if I don’t want to fight anymore I can always put bulk into me. Just a question though if I was to be 5’10 do you think that fighting at heavyweight would be alright? There’s always a chance.