T Nation

Alabama and Michigan: Let's Talk

To my T-Nation friends in Alabama and Michigan.

Your Senators and Representatives are showing some balls.

On the most recent “bailout”:

Sen. Jeff Sessions: ALA ®: NO

Sen. Richard Shelby: ALA ®:NO

Sen. Debbie Stabenow: MICH (D):NO

(Note: Sen. Carl Levin (D-Mich) voted “YES”)

And we all heard that rousing speech from Representative McCotter from Michigan.

I know, I know…votes come about after a LOT of different compromises and some arm-twisting.

But they DID Vote “no”; and are calling people out on this terrible package.

Who are these people?

Is there something unique about your representatives, or is this just the Politics of your State?

You probably need to re-elect them.

(My name is Mufasa, and I approve this Message…)

Mufasa

Proudly, my Kansas Senators Brownback ® and Roberts ® also both voted no. My representative Boyda (D) voted no earlier this week, but I don’t have a lot of faith that she will do it again tomorrow.

Both Texas Senators voted yes.

I am ashamed to be a Texan this morning. That hasn’t happened since Ann Richards was governor.

Both Rhode Island Senators voted yes.

Not that I’m surprised. Reed and Whitehouse are both democrat marionettes.

A also have a Kennedy (Patrick) as my rep. so there is no hope for RI seeing a no. Maybe we’ll get lucky and he will assault a woman in line at an airport again so he can cut in front. Fucking dipshit.

Richard Shelby stands as one of the few that voted against the Bail Out last night and gave a very eloquent and thoughtful speech as to why he was voting no. He stands for a free market system, but he also believes that the companies that are responsible for this should be held accountable.

This is much of what we expect from our Senators here in Alabama, but then again we’re too back woods to know better.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Both Texas Senators voted yes.

I am ashamed to be a Texan this morning. That hasn’t happened since Ann Richards was governor. [/quote]

I forgot about Ann Richards.