Al vs. Bill

Setting aside a personal critique of both politicians, who has accomplished more since the Clinton administration ended: Al Gore or Bill Clinton?

Both have been active in their own right, but I pose the question: given Gore’s successes of late, should the 8 years of the Clinton administration been flipped, with Gore as President and Clinton as VP?

Many on the Left love Clinton, but he governed as a triangulating New Democrat (“Republican-lite”, as I have heard some complain). Would Gore have been a more liberal president, and therefore a better one, in the view of liberals who generally support him?

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
Setting aside a personal critique of both politicians, who has accomplished more since the Clinton administration ended: Al Gore or Bill Clinton?

Both have been active in their own right, but I pose the question: given Gore’s successes of late, should the 8 years of the Clinton administration been flipped, with Gore as President and Clinton as VP?

Many on the Left love Clinton, but he governed as a triangulating New Democrat (“Republican-lite”, as I have heard some complain). Would Gore have been a more liberal president, and therefore a better one, in the view of liberals who generally support him?[/quote]

Gore just won the Nobel for peace. Clearly a political decision. But he sure looks better than Clinton in the average tv-addicted, beer guzzling moron’s eyes.

Does this question really need to be asked?

Clinton is a charismatic, intelligent man who doesn’t put crowds to sleep and seems to understand normal people. He’s liberal enough to be liberal, but not so much that he’s crazy. He had a decently balanced budget if my memory doesn’t fail me.

Gore is an attention whore whose about as exciting to listen to as a white noise tape. He’s popular right now because he made a movie.

Clinton has done more good with his co-op projects with Bush Sr. than Gore will probably ever do.

Snooze – both of them put me to sleep. Bill might be a better speaker but he doesn’t ever say anything that isn’t laden with rhetoric. And Al, don’t get me started. No one will ever accuse him of not caring enough but I am kind of irritated that he has ruined the scientific dialog of climate change.

When political figures quit being controversial they tend to become insignificant in that they just become mouth-pieces for the mainstream. It’s pretty easy to say things people already agree with.