Al Queda Iraq Leader Arrested?

So claims the Iraqi Army - I don’t think the U.S. Army has confirmed as of yet.

The leader of al-Qaida in Iraq, Abu Ayyub al-Masri, was arrested in the northern city of Mosul, the Iraqi Defense Ministry spokesman said Thursday. Mohammed al-Askari said the arrest of al-Masri, also known as Abu Hamza al-Muhajir, was confirmed to him by the Iraqi commander of the province. There was no immediate confirmation or comment from U.S. forces.

See Gateway Pundit: AL-QAEDA IN IRAQ LEADER ARRESTED ...Update: Maybe Not ; and The Belmont Club: Al-Masri the Egyptian falls

And here I thought it’s a decentralized organization…

[quote]lixy wrote:
And here I thought it’s a decentralized organization…[/quote]

It is, internationally.

[quote]BostonBarrister wrote:
lixy wrote:

It is, internationally. [/quote]

I remember people saying that the organization would bite the dust after Al-Zarqawi was blasted.

Attacks against US and British troops didn’t budge an inch after he died.

[quote]

lixy wrote:

BostonBarrister wrote:
It is, internationally.

lixy wrote:
I remember people saying that the organization would bite the dust after Al-Zarqawi was blasted.

Attacks against US and British troops didn’t budge an inch after he died.[/quote]

This guy was taken alive - I imagine they will get some very useful intelligence in his case.

lixy wrote:

BostonBarrister wrote:
It is, internationally.

lixy wrote:

This guy was taken alive - I imagine they will get some very useful intelligence in his case.[/quote]

Let’s hope so.

I wouldn’t bet on it though.

lixy wrote:

BostonBarrister wrote:
It is, internationally.

lixy wrote:

This guy was taken alive - I imagine they will get some very useful intelligence in his case.[/quote]

False alarm, nothing to see here. Apparently just some used car salesman who used the ‘terrorist’ angle to push crappy cars on unsuspecting victims.