Al-Qaeda in Congress?

[quote]pookie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Would you accept a Muslim as President of the United States?

As opposed to a Born-Again moron who believes in the Rapture and the imminent End of Times?

Damn right.
[/quote]

To become a Muslim, you surrender yourself, your will, to Allah. Well, since Allah doesn’t generally make housecalls, you then take your marching orders from your Imam.

It is for this reason that I question letting a Muslim into Congress or any high office. Muslims, unlike many Christians, take their religion very seriously, much more so than westerners imagine. It therefore follows that we have to question where a Muslim’s loyalties would lie.

This is not racism or bigotry. Questioning motives is NOT one of those. Will a Muslim act in the best interests of the United States, if those interests conflict with those of another Muslim country? I question that and do not consider it wrong in any way to do so.

Now, flame away, boys. That’s what a forum is for.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
pookie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Would you accept a Muslim as President of the United States?

As opposed to a Born-Again moron who believes in the Rapture and the imminent End of Times?

Damn right.

To become a Muslim, you surrender yourself, your will, to Allah. Well, since Allah doesn’t generally make housecalls, you then take your marching orders from your Imam.

It is for this reason that I question letting a Muslim into Congress or any high office. Muslims, unlike many Christians, take their religion very seriously, much more so than westerners imagine. It therefore follows that we have to question where a Muslim’s loyalties would lie.

This is not racism or bigotry. Questioning motives is NOT one of those. Will a Muslim act in the best interests of the United States, if those interests conflict with those of another Muslim country? I question that and do not consider it wrong in any way to do so.

[/quote]

Would a Jewish president act against Isreal? Would a Catholic act against the vatican? Would a muslim act against Imam?

The answer: Depends on the person.

You may not be outright naming muslims as terrorists, but your prejudice is just as bad.

If a man is moderate enough, stable enough, to be elected as a US congressmen, he will act accordingly (with moderation and stability).

I’d much rather a moderate Muslim, than the born-again evagelism of George W. Bush.

You take the liberty of accusing all muslims of being subject to their religious leaders. Then I could easily say, all Catholics obey the Pope (lmfao), or a Christian might obey the Bible (what a joke).

Muslims have every right to run for office, and hold office if they are elected by those who believe in them. Just because you see everything in black or white, good or evil, doesn’t mean the rest of us do.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Well, I’ve just gotten back from church and thought about how it’s just about time for Pookie to pop up in this thread. Maybe its ESP?[/quote]

I could be blindness. If you scroll up a bit, you’ll note I posted here yesterday.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

Now, flame away, boys. That’s what a forum is for.[/quote]

HH,

No flaming, but the same argument is often made w/r/t catholics and the pope.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
To become a Muslim, you surrender yourself, your will, to Allah. Well, since Allah doesn’t generally make housecalls, you then take your marching orders from your Imam.[/quote]

Right. All muslims are idiot robots who just follow marching orders.

And you know that because you personally know some muslims? Or is your view informed by Fox News and Hollywood movies?

…but Somalian immigrants shouldn’t have the right to vote, right?

Maybe he’d be more able to resolve the situations through diplomacy. Have you considered that fact? Having a president who’s not a complete idiot when it comes to foreign relations might be an asset…

Don’t worry, we’ll float that turd.

[quote]What would happen to a Christian who ran for office in Iran? Oh, wait, they’re not allowed to do so.

Case closed.
[/quote]

Actually, Headhunter, not that I’d expect a dumbass like yourself to know this, but the Iranian constitution gaurantees representation in Iran’s congress for their Christian and Jewish minority. The Iranians actually go out of their way to make their Christian and Jewish minorities feel part of their country, contrary to popular belief.

Also, I’m a conservative Republican. What I am not is a biblr-thumping, hate-filled neocon lunatic like yourself.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[/quote]

Do you question Jewish-Americans as well? Jewish-Americans have a long, long history of betraying us for Israel (see Pollard, Feith, Perle, etc…)

If you really meant this in a non-racist way then you should have said your first post a lot differently.

[quote]OKLAHOMA STATE wrote:
What would happen to a Christian who ran for office in Iran? Oh, wait, they’re not allowed to do so.

Case closed.

Actually, Headhunter, not that I’d expect a dumbass like yourself to know this, but the Iranian constitution gaurantees representation in Iran’s congress for their Christian and Jewish minority. The Iranians actually go out of their way to make their Christian and Jewish minorities feel part of their country, contrary to popular belief.

Also, I’m a conservative Republican. What I am not is a biblr-thumping, hate-filled neocon lunatic like yourself.

[/quote]

Told you so.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:

If a man is moderate enough, stable enough, to be elected as a US congressmen, he will act accordingly (with moderation and stability).

[/quote]

You mean like Jefferson in Louisiana? Or Murtha and his ABSCAM $$$$? Reid and his land deals?

Where is YOUR mythical Congress? Fantasyland?

Also, why would I give a damn about earning anyone’s respect, especially here? Its a POLITICS FORUM. If we all agreed and believed the same thing, why even participate? We’re here TO FLAME EACH OTHER. Wake the fuck up!

[quote]OKLAHOMA STATE wrote:
What would happen to a Christian who ran for office in Iran? Oh, wait, they’re not allowed to do so.

Case closed.

[/quote]

How are political candidates chosen in Iran?

[quote]40yarddash wrote:
If you really meant this in a non-racist way then you should have said your first post a lot differently.[/quote]

This is what I don’t get. How was what I posted racist? I ripped a guy who supports Louis Farrakhan, one of the most racist dudes on the planet. How does that make me racist?

I rip his religion because I don’t think it is a religion of peace. Most Muslims also implicitly are anti-American.

I rip Somalis because (a) are they citizens? (b) did they vote for a guy just because he’s a fellow Muslim? If so, they’re ignorant.

How does any of that make me a racist?

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Beowolf wrote:

You mean like Jefferson in Louisiana? Or Murtha and his ABSCAM $$$$? Reid and his land deals?

Where is YOUR mythical Congress? Fantasyland?

Also, why would I give a damn about earning anyone’s respect, especially here? Its a POLITICS FORUM. If we all agreed and believed the same thing, why even participate? We’re here TO FLAME EACH OTHER. Wake the fuck up!

[/quote]

Thanks for completely ignoring the rest of my post! Good job!

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[/quote]

Does this mean that you prefer a Christian that doesn’t take his religion very seriously over one that would?

Or do you consider the US to be Gods favorit?

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
OKLAHOMA STATE wrote:

Case closed.

How are political candidates chosen in Iran?

[/quote]

Are you suggesting the US should adopt a political system similar to that in Iran?

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
This is what I don’t get. How was what I posted racist? I ripped a guy who supports Louis Farrakhan, one of the most racist dudes on the planet. How does that make me racist?[/quote]

And you know that because you’ve personally interviewed “most” Muslims?

Or is it from those two hadiths you’ve suddenly found yourself enamored with?

So you don’t know whether they are citizens or not, but you’ll rip them anyway? Why not find out before slinging the mud?

Just because you see Fox News pulling similar tactics all the time, doesn’t mean it’ll work with an audience that includes people with IQs above room temperature.

And if not? If they’re full citizens who simply exercised their civic right to vote for the candidate they think will represent them the best, will you be posting an apology?

Racism is the least of your problems.

Dammit, I can’t stay out.

1)The world IS generally black and white. Calling in shades of grey is nothing more than excusing moral cowardice when you really know what the right choice is.

2)In a black and white world, HH is black. Is he a racist? I dunno, but he is an enemy of liberty and I won’t share a fighting hole with him when neo-liberals and ignorant “conservatives” usher the country into tyranny.

3)Fox news attacks are made by the ignorant who lack any real arguments of value.

4)Who in the hell would want a muslim to swear in on a bible? I’d much rather a guy take his oath seriously by putting his hand on a book he buys into.

5)People always like to say that freedom isn’t free. They’re right, but sometimes that means having to deal with…FREEDOM. Such as allowing to someone of another faith to be treated on his merits. Holy shit, there’s a shocker.

6)Who cares is the guy is muslim? He might sell us out? Jeez, what are all these damned Christian politicians doing?

mike

[quote]Mikeyali wrote:
Dammit, I can’t stay out.

1)The world IS generally black and white. Calling in shades of grey is nothing more than excusing moral cowardice when you really know what the right choice is.

2)In a black and white world, HH is black. Is he a racist? I dunno, but he is an enemy of liberty and I won’t share a fighting hole with him when neo-liberals and ignorant “conservatives” usher the country into tyranny.

[/quote]

Based upon your avatar, should we guess what sort of ‘fighting’ hole you’d hide in?

‘Enemy of liberty’? Well, what sort of liberty do you mean? The liberty to support Louis Farrakhan and get voted into Congress? The liberty to solicit bribes as a federal judge, but still get support from the CBC? Those sorts of liberties are definitly on my ‘list’.

“Oh Brave New World, that has such people in it.”
— Aldous Huxley

[quote]pookie wrote:

[/quote]

Pookie,

The article is from the NY Times.
Also, how do you propose that I determine if someone is a citizen? Shall I walk up to each one and ask?

Would you vote for a supporter of Louis Farrakhan? What do you think of people who DO vote for such a supporter, just because the twerp is of the same religion?

Or are you just here to flame, no matter what I write?

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Maybe the Dems should make HIM the chairman of the House Intell Committee.

How in the hell did Somali immigrants get the right to vote? Are they citizens? I know the Dems don’t care, but many others do.

Maybe when he gets to Congress, he’ll insist that everyone shut down 5 times a day, while some idiot schreeches into the PA system and he bangs his head on a rug.

No wonder the rest of the world laughs at us. [/quote]

Honestly HH, now you’ve gone too far. You mock other people’s religions like its your job, yet I hear nothing from you about die-hard Christians.

Maybe when they get to congress they should start and end all meetings with a prayer to God, and remind all single people in Congress that sex before marriage is immoral and abstinence is the only way to go?

And last I checked you needed to be a citizen to vote, they wouldn’t let me and I have a green card.

And the rest of the world laughs at us because of people like you, as someone else has mentioned. Go back to your pipe-dreams of an all Christian-male senate and house, because and I think that is the only thing that would truly shut you up.

Maybe you don’t realize the scrutiny and pressure this guy is going to have simple because he is the first muslim to be elected. He has a very tough road ahead of him, but as an AMERICAN CITIZEN and ELECTED OFFICIAL, I am sure he will do a good job. Or does he not live up to the high moral and religious standards that your favourite republicans, at least those that aren’t trying to hook up with teenage boys or are relaxing in jail for bribery charges, espouse.

And as for being sworn in on the Quran, why the hell not? I think it is kind of laughable to ask him to swear on a Bible, it means something to Christians but nothing to him. I’d prefer him to swear on his holy book, at least it means something of value to him.