Al Jazeera Buys US Channel Current TV

I have to say that this purchase bothers me a bit.

I’m not an RWNJ, but I’ve have been told by Arabic speaking friends, whom I trust, that Al Jazeera English (although great in some cases,really bad in other instances) is rather different in its narrative from Al Jazeera Arabic. Not quite as bad as Hamas tv or Fox News, but delving into crazy/conspriatorial territory.

Al Gore made out like a bandit.

He is now worth more than Romney, but the Left will never criticize him for it.

He also cashed out a shit ton of stock to avoid the higher tax rates which were passed in the fiscal cliff deal.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

He also cashed out a shit ton of stock to avoid the higher tax rates which were passed in the fiscal cliff deal.[/quote]

He paid his fair share…on the old tax rates…and scrambled his ass off to finish the deal before the deadline.

But your right, Media = not a fuck given

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Al Gore made out like a bandit.

He is now worth more than Romney, but the Left will never criticize him for it.

He also cashed out a shit ton of stock to avoid the higher tax rates which were passed in the fiscal cliff deal.[/quote]

Damned fucking Dumbocrat :slight_smile:

[quote]Carl_ wrote:

I have to say that this purchase bothers me a bit.

I’m not an RWNJ, but I’ve have been told by Arabic speaking friends, whom I trust, that Al Jazeera English (although great in some cases,really bad in other instances) is rather different in its narrative from Al Jazeera Arabic. Not quite as bad as Hamas tv or Fox News, but delving into crazy/conspriatorial territory.
[/quote]

Untrue. The english channel is likely going to become the least biased big news channel in America. Its a solid channel. If you are anti liberal you should be happy it will likely replace a lot of current’s programming.

They have interesting news sometimes, I was watching FOX NEWS tonight and stick up his ass
Bill O’Reilly was on his holier than thou rant against a legal Pot Club owner, a possibly Pot
smokin’ Justin Bieber, and they’re STILL hangin’ on to the non-story Brent Musberger adoration of a Supermodel at a fuckin’ Football Game…Really??

Welcome ‘AJ’.

[quote]Karado wrote:
They have interesting news sometimes, I was watching FOX NEWS tonight and stick up his ass
Bill O’Reilly was on his holier than thou rant against a legal Pot Club owner, a possibly Pot
smokin’ Justin Bieber, and they’re STILL hangin’ on to the non-story Brent Musberger adoration of a Supermodel at a fuckin’ Football Game…Really??

Welcome ‘AJ’.[/quote]

Sometimes O’Reiley is really sharp and sometimes he comes off as kind of dull. I don’t get it.

It’s not going to bother me, I ain’t going to watch it. We have enough media support of militant Islamic fascism in outlets like CNN, MSNBC, and practically any media outlet not named Fox.

I have read Aljazeera’s English news to try and “balance” my intake of information, but it’s really just tabloid quality islamic propaganda, so I quit wasting my time.

[quote]pat wrote:
It’s not going to bother me, I ain’t going to watch it. We have enough media support of militant Islamic fascism in outlets like CNN, MSNBC, and practically any media outlet not named Fox.
[/quote]

Why do you say this? Liberal bias, absolutely on MSNBC and somewhat on CNN. But support for Islamism? I’m curious to know if you truly mean this.