Al Franken Posed for Picture Groping Sleeping Woman

Well done Al.

I miss Billā€¦at least he got head

1 Like

He definitely got to finish. That evidence was clearā€¦

Now Trumps tweeting kinda funny actuallyā€¦called him Frankensteinā€¦ Imo guys that like getting peed on with multiple SH claims should stay silent when talking about weirdness but hey thats me.
Now we are heading down the full retard roadā€¦ Fake outrage when its opposing dudes and head in sand when its yur teamā€¦ #lame

3 Likes

What does it say about a 70 year old man, a grandfather, who is incapable of taking the high road? What does it say about a country when the people donā€™t care?

IDK but people that grab pussy shouldnt throw stones in glass white houses

1 Like

I donā€™t know if Trump actually does or did what he was bragging about. But what disturbs me about that recording was the idea that a man in his 60s, who supposedly has billions, would feel the need to brag to some nobody little dipshit. Why would a man of Trumpā€™s supposed stature want to impress some annoying Hollywood douche?

2 Likes

Trump is massively insecure. Everything about him screams this.

4 Likes

Tiny hands brosā€¦tiny hands

That he is. He absolutely isā€¦ one has to wonder why? Heā€™s done it all now.

Braggarts are braggarts. About the only difference money, status and sophistication make are the sophistication and name dropping when it comes to being an insufferable prick.

1 Like

ā€œI respect women. I donā€™t respect men who donā€™t. And the fact that my own actions have given people a good reason to doubt that makes me feel ashamed.ā€

Is it me or is this a particularly stupid thing to say?

Ego is a funny thing. I saw a police interview where some muppet either had to brag and get arrested or lie and get off and the idiot couldnā€™t let the opportunity slip.

in what way? because heā€™s admitting fault?

Do you think that is what he is doing? Here is Steve Jobs about delivering faulty iPhones on mass:

ā€œWeā€™re not perfect. Phones are not perfect. We all know that. But we want to make our users happy.ā€

This is spinning/PRing at its best and if you look at Alā€™s statement it follows this structure exactly, including linking to a human emotion as the sign off.

I think this is stupid because this is politics, not business and weā€™re not talking about a flakey phone but sexual assault.

Gotcha. Iā€™m not sure what else you could expect from, you know, a politician. What should he have said instead that would have made you happy?

The last bit of what I wrote seems to have been chopped.

I was going to add, itā€™s hard to take a statement like ā€œI respect womenā€ seriously after something like this happens.

When the guy who played Kramer turned out to be racist, I at least respected him saying that there were parts inside him that are ugly and he needs to think about it/sort his issues out. Imagine he came out and said he respected all racesā€¦

so Iā€™ll ask the question again: what should he have said? He shouldnā€™t have said he respects women?

Your Kramer analogy doesnā€™t fit because the public knew what happened immediately, not more than a decade later. Franken was not a Senator at the time this occurred, he was a comedian. I think itā€™s pretty reasonable to assume that the man is not the same person he was then. So it doesnā€™t make sense that we should demand him to admit to currently having issues, unless something more recent surfaces.

1 Like

Sorry, my Kramer things was meant to represent something along the lines of what would make it more palatable.

ā€œI respect women. There was a time in my life I didnā€™t understand what that meant and my actions reflected that.ā€ And on it goesā€¦ Not some spin about his actions making others think it perhaps isnā€™t the case - as if he has some perception issue he needs to fix.

Have you read the full statement? he says almost exactly what youā€™re asking him for:

I donā€™t know what was in my head when I took that picture, and it doesnā€™t matter. Thereā€™s no excuse. I look at it now and I feel disgusted with myself. It isnā€™t funny. Itā€™s completely inappropriate. Itā€™s obvious how Leeann would feel violated by that picture. And, whatā€™s more, I can see how millions of other women would feel violated by itā€”women who have had similar experiences in their own lives, women who fear having those experiences, women who look up to me, women who have counted on me.
"Coming from the world of comedy, Iā€™ve told and written a lot of jokes that I once thought were funny but later came to realize were just plain offensive. But the intentions behind my actions arenā€™t the point at all. Itā€™s the impact these jokes had on others that matters. And Iā€™m sorry itā€™s taken me so long to come to terms with that.

1 Like

Maybe his statement is bothering you because of what he is NOT saying.
Message he is sending: ā€œIā€™m sorry, and Iā€™m ashamed that my actions are going to cause people to think differently of meā€.
Message he is NOT sending: ā€œIā€™m sorry, and Iā€™m ashamed of my actionsā€.
But hey, she accepted his apology so I guess it works for both of them.