T Nation

Al Davis is Insane

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-raiders-hall&prov=ap&type=lgns

In other news, water is wet.

He wasn’t that good but I’m sure the raiders don’t have a CB better than him…

Davis is an idiot for sure though.

Laughs, shakes head.

While I can’t say I mind the Raiders going lower and lower, it’s always a little disheartening to see a classic NFL franchise put to rest by a senile old man.

[quote]msd0060 wrote:

[/quote]

Yes they do. Asomugha is way better.

I should have taken him out while I had the chance.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
In other news, water is wet.[/quote]

THAT’S A LIE!!

[quote]GDollars37 wrote:
msd0060 wrote:

Yes they do. Asomugha is way better.[/quote]

He can’t cover both sides of the field.

Al’s bat shit crazy, he gave the Falcons a second rounder for Hall and paid him a ton of money, just stupid.

he can’t man coverage he’s good but i wouldnt say great

Raiders cut ties with Hall after 8 games
By JOSH DUBOW, AP Sports Writer (this is only part of the article)

In his eight games in Oakland, Hall was beaten 40 times for 552 yards on 66 passes thrown his way, according to data compiled by STATS LLC. He gave up more yards than any defender this season and was tied for third worst in catches allowed.

Hall was terribly overrated. The poor decision was to acquire him in the first place. getting rid of him may be best long term but it does send a bad message to the team in the middle of the season.

They should have just benched him.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Hall was terribly overrated. The poor decision was to acquire him in the first place. getting rid of him may be best long term but it does send a bad message to the team in the middle of the season.

They should have just benched him.[/quote]

I can only hope they use the money saved to long term sign Asomugha. Although I really doubt Asomugha will resign with the Raiders and I would kind of feel bad for him if he did.

It was a bad thing to do, but better to cut him now than let him play out his contract, then realize afterwards the money could have used elsewhere. Hall will definitely play somewhere else, someone will pick him up.

As long as Al Davis is in control, the Raiders will not prosper.

I laughed at the Raiders for paying him that much money in the first place.

Why the hell is Ronald Curry on special teams?? The Raiders are like a bad sequel to Any Given Sunday…that has been spoofed into “Football Movie.”