Al Bundy, Black Belt

I’ve been watching this new show Modern Family on ABC because one of my favorite actors, Ed O’Neil, forever will be known as Al Bundy, is on the show. And of course I watch it for smoking hot Sofia Vergara.

So I’m looking at Ed’s bio, and I didn’t know he’s been studying Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu for the past 15 years under the mentoring of Rorion Gracie. He also received his black belt in 2007. I know having a black belt in some Martial arts don’t mean shit, but coming from that family you better know the art. I’ve known people who took BJJ from some of the Gracies and I swear it seems they’ve been white belts for more than 4 years.

But for some reason it makes me laugh. I don’t know why, but it does. Maybe it’s his Al Bundy persona that makes me not take this seriously. Well if Al can do it, so can you! Whooooaaaaa Bundy!

ed’s been training bjj since before it was the cool thing to do

How cool is that? Not only did he play one of the greatest characters of all time, he can also rip your fucking arm off and beat you with it. What a G.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
How cool is that? Not only did he play one of the greatest characters of all time, he can also rip your fucking arm off and beat you with it. What a G.[/quote]

Well he used to always beat up Kelly’s boyfriends, lol. I wonder if before he starts rolling against someone, he says “Let’s rock”.

In some interview he said he’s used it a couple of times to choke some dudes.

[quote]Reef wrote:
WhiteFlash wrote:
How cool is that? Not only did he play one of the greatest characters of all time, he can also rip your fucking arm off and beat you with it. What a G.

Well he used to always beat up Kelly’s boyfriends, lol. I wonder if before he starts rolling against someone, he says “Let’s rock”.[/quote]

LMAO, I can remember all the episodes he used “Let’s rock” in.

i could see him sitting in the gym with a hand down his pants just relaxing like he used to on married with children.

yeah, it’s one of the things that makes me think he’s a cool guy.

when i heard that i was pretty surprised, but remembered he did play pro football (breifly), too…

yeah he and tried out for the steelers back in the 70’s always like him but havent seen the new show he’s
in and have heard that it’s a good show, at least when he says “let’s rock” he means it and you better
run…

[quote]fnf wrote:
Reef wrote:
WhiteFlash wrote:

Well he used to always beat up Kelly’s boyfriends, lol. I wonder if before he starts rolling against someone, he says “Let’s rock”.

[/quote]

If he actually pulled that off he would supplant Bruce Willis as my only allowable man crush.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
fnf wrote:
Reef wrote:
WhiteFlash wrote:

If he actually pulled that off he would supplant Bruce Willis as my only allowable man crush.
[/quote]

LOL. Agreed.

What about Sam Elliot though? He’s the man…

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
WhiteFlash wrote:
fnf wrote:
Reef wrote:
WhiteFlash wrote:

LOL. Agreed.

What about Sam Elliot though? He’s the man… [/quote]

Wade Garrett’s the best.

Psycho Dad.

[quote]slimjim wrote:
ed’s been training bjj since before it was the cool thing to do[/quote]

Ever since his days at Polk High.

MWC was one of the best shows ever. I still watch re-runs.

We can take great inspiration from the fighting Bundys.

[quote]PRCalDude wrote:
slimjim wrote:
ed’s been training bjj since before it was the cool thing to do

Ever since his days at Polk High.

MWC was one of the best shows ever. I still watch re-runs.

We can take great inspiration from the fighting Bundys. [/quote]

First thing you’ve ever said that I agree with.

That is so cool. I told my wife about Al Bundy and how he has a pretty high belt in bjj and she was like WTF? Crazy, as it seems, but the bottom line is, Jefferson D’arcy would get his ASS KICKED.

He comes from a blue collar mill hunky family, and played D-IA and D-IAA ball…he isnt your typical midget pretty boy actor. NE Ohio bad ass.