T Nation

Akkayev Goes 210/245

Jesus F Christ, what a beast…

Crazy.

Koing

guy is a beast and a half. An absolute anomaly.

To be honest I like watching Klokov lift more, but I just don’t see Akkaev losing in London. The man is just a powerhouse. I’ll be a little disappointed if I don’t see some records fall.

Speaking of records, there was video posted of Ilya Ilin hitting 192.5/230 in training, and I think Artem Ivanov hit a 230 (235?) clean and jerk in some random competition (and no I’m not thinking of the training hall video of him).

In short, there better be some goddamn live stream action happening for weightlifting at the olympics.

Artem did 190/230 at Ukrainian championships.

[quote]TheJonty wrote:
To be honest I like watching Klokov lift more, but I just don’t see Akkaev losing in London. The man is just a powerhouse. I’ll be a little disappointed if I don’t see some records fall.

Speaking of records, there was video posted of Ilya Ilin hitting 192.5/230 in training, and I think Artem Ivanov hit a 230 (235?) clean and jerk in some random competition (and no I’m not thinking of the training hall video of him).

In short, there better be some goddamn live stream action happening for weightlifting at the olympics.[/quote]

I prefer Akkaev, the guys a beast. I kind of like the fact that his technique looks a bit shaky, he’s just blisteringly fast and super strong. I too would be disappointed if the snatch record at least doesn’t fall, with Akkaev, Klokov, Dolega and Aramnau (hopefully they all lift) there are 4 guys that are potentially capable of doing it!

Those are impressive as hell but he does look very heavy

[quote]rehanb_bl wrote:
Those are impressive as hell but he does look very heavy[/quote]

Even if he’s 10kg over there’s really only Salimi who could beat that snatch at the moment. It’s ridonkulous.

[quote]ninearms wrote:

[quote]rehanb_bl wrote:
Those are impressive as hell but he does look very heavy[/quote]

Even if he’s 10kg over there’s really only Salimi who could beat that snatch at the moment. It’s ridonkulous.[/quote]

oh absolutely (well maybe a few other SHW that could pull out a special but I get your point)

although keep in mind that he has to cut that weight for the olympics so it will be interesting to see what he can do after the cut.

The stakes are high at the Olympics, most of the time lifters err on the conservative side.

On the snatch, Klokov may go 195, 198, 201, Akkaev may go 196, 199, 202 or so.
I would love for both to open at 195 and then jump to 201 and go from there.

C&j, Klokov 227, 232, 236, Akkaev 229, 235, 239.

The above depends on what shape Aramnau is in.

[quote]TheApprentice wrote:
The stakes are high at the Olympics, most of the time lifters err on the conservative side.

On the snatch, Klokov may go 195, 198, 201, Akkaev may go 196, 199, 202 or so.
I would love for both to open at 195 and then jump to 201 and go from there.

C&j, Klokov 227, 232, 236, Akkaev 229, 235, 239.

The above depends on what shape Aramnau is in.[/quote]

Even those attempts might be optimistic, remember Klokov and Akkaev opened at 187/190 respectively in the snatch and 220/222 respectively in the clean and jerk at the 2011 worlds. Also, depending on the depth of the field (Marcin Dolega is a bit of a wild card coming back off that injury, I’m not convinced Aramnau will be in any shape to compete with them and I can’t see anybody else getting up there) just ensuring they have a total could guarantee the Russians go 1-2. And even with how consistent these two have been at international competitions over the last several years, I’m not sure they’d take the risk of overreaching with their openers.

Once they get that total secured though I do hope they go all out.

[quote]TheJonty wrote:

[quote]TheApprentice wrote:
The stakes are high at the Olympics, most of the time lifters err on the conservative side.

On the snatch, Klokov may go 195, 198, 201, Akkaev may go 196, 199, 202 or so.
I would love for both to open at 195 and then jump to 201 and go from there.

C&j, Klokov 227, 232, 236, Akkaev 229, 235, 239.

The above depends on what shape Aramnau is in.[/quote]

Even those attempts might be optimistic, remember Klokov and Akkaev opened at 187/190 respectively in the snatch and 220/222 respectively in the clean and jerk at the 2011 worlds. Also, depending on the depth of the field (Marcin Dolega is a bit of a wild card coming back off that injury, I’m not convinced Aramnau will be in any shape to compete with them and I can’t see anybody else getting up there) just ensuring they have a total could guarantee the Russians go 1-2. And even with how consistent these two have been at international competitions over the last several years, I’m not sure they’d take the risk of overreaching with their openers.

Once they get that total secured though I do hope they go all out.[/quote]

Exactly.

The weight cut WILL HURT THEM ALL. There is no way dropping 3-5kg will help you in any shape or form in hitting huge lifts.

These guys are beast and it’ll be immense to watch them live and a few meters away from me.

Koing

That jerk looked soooooooo easy. Literally, like a toy to him.

What has been Aramnou’s story recently? I was just watching the 07(?) worlds where he destroyed the competition. And he was 19 at the time, so you would think he’d just become more dominant.

[quote]KJohns200 wrote:
What has been Aramnou’s story recently? I was just watching the 07(?) worlds where he destroyed the competition. And he was 19 at the time, so you would think he’d just become more dominant.[/quote]
We’ll see:

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2012\05\18\story_18-5-2012_pg2_4

[quote]GqArtguy wrote:

[quote]KJohns200 wrote:
What has been Aramnou’s story recently? I was just watching the 07(?) worlds where he destroyed the competition. And he was 19 at the time, so you would think he’d just become more dominant.[/quote]
We’ll see:

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2012\05\18\story_18-5-2012_pg2_4[/quote]

Well I’ll be. If he’s sober, in that kind of shape and on weight, the 105s at London will be very interesting indeed. Last I’d heard he was totalling 400 at about 113ish or so bodyweight.

[quote]Koing wrote:

[quote]TheJonty wrote:

[quote]TheApprentice wrote:
The stakes are high at the Olympics, most of the time lifters err on the conservative side.

On the snatch, Klokov may go 195, 198, 201, Akkaev may go 196, 199, 202 or so.
I would love for both to open at 195 and then jump to 201 and go from there.

C&j, Klokov 227, 232, 236, Akkaev 229, 235, 239.

The above depends on what shape Aramnau is in.[/quote]

Even those attempts might be optimistic, remember Klokov and Akkaev opened at 187/190 respectively in the snatch and 220/222 respectively in the clean and jerk at the 2011 worlds. Also, depending on the depth of the field (Marcin Dolega is a bit of a wild card coming back off that injury, I’m not convinced Aramnau will be in any shape to compete with them and I can’t see anybody else getting up there) just ensuring they have a total could guarantee the Russians go 1-2. And even with how consistent these two have been at international competitions over the last several years, I’m not sure they’d take the risk of overreaching with their openers.

Once they get that total secured though I do hope they go all out.[/quote]

Exactly.

The weight cut WILL HURT THEM ALL. There is no way dropping 3-5kg will help you in any shape or form in hitting huge lifts.

These guys are beast and it’ll be immense to watch them live and a few meters away from me.

Koing
[/quote]

You better enjoy the shit out of that competition being there in real life.

Meanwhile, it probably won’t even make it on tv here because Americans would rather watch things like swimming, because that’s really exciting to specatate…

Dolega just did 196 + 226 = 422 at the Polish nationals (?), weighted in at 106.8, passed the third attempt on the clean and jerk. Said he was aiming for at least 10kg more in London. I still don’t think he will beat the Russians. Supposedly Aramnau did a total of 430 in training as well.

[quote]TheApprentice wrote:
Dolega just did 196 + 226 = 422 at the Polish nationals (?), weighted in at 106.8, passed the third attempt on the clean and jerk. Said he was aiming for at least 10kg more in London. I still don’t think he will beat the Russians. Supposedly Aramnau did a total of 430 in training as well.[/quote]

Wow, that’s pretty good, and only slightly over weight. I don’t think he will beat the russians either, but if Dolega and Aramnau are lifting well they will at least push Klokov and Akkaev to big weights. I’m expecting someone to attempt a snatch world record at least

I think there is a good chance the snatch record will be broken 3-4 times in the same session, that would be epic.