Airport Blues Thread

So, here I sit in Charlotte, NC Airport… Been here for 2 hours and have another 3 hours! (Shitty itinerary).

Bored.As.Hell.

Hungry, too. Running out of protein bars…

Had a loooong week at a customer site, that turned out to be a success. Last night went out and celebrated by doing the “Buffalo Wild Wings” hotwing challenge where you have to eat 12 hottest wings in 6 minutes and you win a TShirt. They never had a CHANCE! (3:36) – Downside is travelling all day while having the “hotwing shits”… No fun.

Upside: Free wireless in Charlotte airport.

Got any good airport stories?

Try the male hookers in the men’s bathroom. Just go sit next to the guy in the shitter and wave a fifty dollar bill under the divider.

I almost started this exact thread 11 days ago.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
So, here I sit in Charlotte, NC Airport… Been here for 2 hours and have another 3 hours! (Shitty itinerary).

Bored.As.Hell.

Had a loooong week at a customer site, that turned out to be a success. Last night went out and celebrated by doing the “Buffalo Wild Wings” hotwing challenge where you have to eat 12 hottest wings in 6 minutes and you win a TShirt. They never had a CHANCE! (3:36) – Downside is travelling all day while having the “hotwing shits”… No fun.

Got any good airport stories?[/quote]

Nope, but I got you on the BW3 challenge by like a minute, and I exploded the toilet that night.

I got sick before going on spring break one year, and was throwing up in the few days preceding my flight to Florida. I felt fine the morning of the flight, so I decided to try eat. I got some water, milk, crackers, and cheerios down. Big mistake. Needless to say, I’m surprised my stomach could hold so much. I threw up for a full minute straight. When I walked out of the stall, there was a black guy at the sink. He looked at me and said (in a somewhat stereotypical way) “GOOOooooOOd DAMN!” I laughed.

As for the OP, go order 2 burgers, throw the buns away, and chow down. It’s better than starving!

I get bomb searched almost every single time I go to the airport… with the powders then the back room etc… The upside is that I fly a lot and I’m used to it, so the days I get through I end up having extra time to grab a bite to eat etc…

Took a couple of Ambiens upon boarding a 10 hour flight to Brazil. Woke up feeling refreshed and rested. I ask the flight attendant, “how much longer til we land?” She laughs and says, “we’ve been delayed for 45 mins, we’re still in line for take off.”

I couldn’t sleep the rest of the trip. Potent stuff that Ambien.

Just got in to NY from Hong Kong. Door to door, about 27 hours. At least it’s not as bad as NY to HK, which is 30 hours.

One time, on the leg from Tokyo to NY, I got very sick (diarrhea) about every 15 min. Felt like a food poisoning. So whenever I get food poisoning I drink lots of water. Well, it got pretty bad until I figured out they refill the water bottles from a central water supply. I stopped drinking the water and by the time we landed, I was alright. Moral of the story: don’t ever drink the bottled water on long flights.

How about some travel tips?

• Carry wet wipes
  • Carry on one extra set of clothes in case of overnight delays, spills, shitting yourself, etc.
  • Don’t drink the water unless you see them open the bottle (I get seltzer water)
  • Some airports have showers. Sorry to Die Hard fans, but showering is better than knotting toes

[quote]Stuntman Mike wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

Bored.As.Hell.

Got any good airport stories?[/quote]

Nope, but I got you on the BW3 challenge by like a minute, and I exploded the toilet that night. [/quote]

LOL! Nice. I wasn’t particularly in a rush, just steady. My colleague, knowing what a big eater I am, was rubbing it in that he beat me by a few seconds. I said “Yeah, but I stopped twice to pose for pictures…” To his credit, he had the same damn wings for lunch that day, too.

The worst thing about the airport is just not having enough food. I ate lunch in one of the restaurants, but the portions are pretty small. The pre-made chicken (or whatever) wraps always look good, but it’s like finger food for 8 bucks. The news stands usually sell Musc Milk RTDs, but it’s like 5 bucks for 20g protein size. Ripoff for sure, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Layovers/cancellations are even worse when there’s no free wi-fi.