Airline Lost My Bag

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]chillain wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:
Again, I never have the desire to compete or anything like that. I just enjoy lifting weights, feeling/looking good and staying athletic as I get older.[/quote]

This is a BB forum.

Great call on the ‘underconditioned vs overtrained’ mindset.

[/quote]

I thought this was the Get a Life forum? [/quote]

Yeah. It was funnier when I typed it.

[quote]chillain wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]chillain wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:
Again, I never have the desire to compete or anything like that. I just enjoy lifting weights, feeling/looking good and staying athletic as I get older.[/quote]

This is a BB forum.

Great call on the ‘underconditioned vs overtrained’ mindset.

[/quote]

I thought this was the Get a Life forum? [/quote]

Yeah. It was funnier when I typed it.

[/quote]

Lol

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
yeah thanks man I was interested to hear about your nutrition but you don’t even care! Lol.

What’s the lifting philosophy?[/quote]

lol, yeah my nutrition is all by feel. I don’t want to ever compete or anything like that so it’s not something that I’m very meticulous about. I usually drink 1-3 protein shakes a day but recently stopped using whey and started using HumaPro. It’s awesome and I love it.

I try to eat lots of protein but don’t track it. Usually 8-12 eggs for breakfast, lunch is left overs from dinner the night before and then dinner is usually steak or chicken plus rice/veggies/salad. (I always make extra so I have leftovers for lunch)

My philosophy on lifting is that there really isn’t such thing as overtraining… You’re body is just under conditioned lol. I’m a big volume guy and think that you just have to build yourself up to it. Your body can do a lot more than most people think.

I believe in lifting heavy to keep your strength up but to make sure and stay in a high enough rep range to stimulate growth. Also, make sure that you feel the target muscle working throughout the movement. People would be surprised how well you can hit your bi’s by doing curls with the 30’s lol.

Cardio is the worst lol… But if I’m doing cardio my preferred methods are: sprints, rowing machine, jump rope, step mill (the rotating stair kind) and incline treadmill walking.

your thoughts pretty much mirror mine. I don’t really see the need to track macros unless you plan on getting up on stage anytime soon. When you first start out it’s probably a good idea so you get an idea of how much protein is in stuff, but after a while you can eyeball it fairly easily.

very interesting about the Humapro. Whey shakes mess with my stomach if I drink too many so I’ve been considering switching for a while.

Cardio? What’s cardio? Lol. Cardio for me is cutting down my rest periods between squats slightly. Or walking to work really fast when I’m late

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

hits me right in the funny boner, SS![/quote]

Well, thats an awkward image.

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[/quote]

I didn’t catch that before. Was that a typo, ID?

Or do you feel a strange sensation when you hit your boner on a door knob? Or in your case, the spring thingy on the baseboard that stops the door from hitting the wall.

[quote]super saiyan wrote:

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[/quote]

I didn’t catch that before. Was that a typo, ID?

Or do you feel a strange sensation when you hit your boner on a door knob? Or in your case, the spring thingy on the baseboard that stops the door from hitting the wall.
[/quote]

LOL

Gregron -

I just noticed that you mentioned traveling with a stroller. Apparently I’ve missed a few things. Congratulations! I hope everyone is healthy and doing well.

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
yeah thanks man I was interested to hear about your nutrition but you don’t even care! Lol.

What’s the lifting philosophy?[/quote]

lol, yeah my nutrition is all by feel. I don’t want to ever compete or anything like that so it’s not something that I’m very meticulous about. I usually drink 1-3 protein shakes a day but recently stopped using whey and started using HumaPro. It’s awesome and I love it.

I try to eat lots of protein but don’t track it. Usually 8-12 eggs for breakfast, lunch is left overs from dinner the night before and then dinner is usually steak or chicken plus rice/veggies/salad. (I always make extra so I have leftovers for lunch)

My philosophy on lifting is that there really isn’t such thing as overtraining… You’re body is just under conditioned lol. I’m a big volume guy and think that you just have to build yourself up to it. Your body can do a lot more than most people think.

I believe in lifting heavy to keep your strength up but to make sure and stay in a high enough rep range to stimulate growth. Also, make sure that you feel the target muscle working throughout the movement. People would be surprised how well you can hit your bi’s by doing curls with the 30’s lol.

Cardio is the worst lol… But if I’m doing cardio my preferred methods are: sprints, rowing machine, jump rope, step mill (the rotating stair kind) and incline treadmill walking.

your thoughts pretty much mirror mine. I don’t really see the need to track macros unless you plan on getting up on stage anytime soon. When you first start out it’s probably a good idea so you get an idea of how much protein is in stuff, but after a while you can eyeball it fairly easily.

very interesting about the Humapro. Whey shakes mess with my stomach if I drink too many so I’ve been considering switching for a while.

Cardio? What’s cardio? Lol. Cardio for me is cutting down my rest periods between squats slightly. Or walking to work really fast when I’m late
[/quote]
What protein are you drinking and from what brand is it? A lot of protein powders are there I believe are filled with fillers which lends to shitty digestion

[quote]Powerpuff wrote:
Gregron -

I just noticed that you mentioned traveling with a stroller. Apparently I’ve missed a few things. Congratulations! I hope everyone is healthy and doing well. [/quote]

Yeah, the mention of a kid earlier on in this thread took me by surprise too. Congrats, Greg, and welcome to the world of fatherhood.

[quote]myself1992 wrote:
What protein are you drinking and from what brand is it? A lot of protein powders are there I believe are filled with fillers which lends to shitty digestion
[/quote]

all brands do it. I work in a supplement store and I’ve worked my way through every shake we sell.

It’s weird, I can drink one in the morning on an empty stomach, but if I try and drink another later in the day, or drink one after having a solid breakfast, then I’ll feel rough. Very odd. Seems that I can tolerate one in the morning on an empty stomach and that’s it.

[quote]gregron wrote:
Anyone else ever dealt with this issue?

Any tips?[/quote]

Not retroactive, but proactive, they sell a gadget you leave in your luggage that you can tie into your iPhone that tells you where your luggage is — hooked up to GPS. Even alerts when very close, so you know its on the baggage carosel.

Domestically, I fly myself or private, but across an ocean this is generally not economic — had bags lost all over the world before.

I have these now; they work – but haven’t had to use them to locate things yet.

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[quote]myself1992 wrote:
[/quote]

all brands do it. I work in a supplement store and I’ve worked my way through every shake we sell.

It’s weird, I can drink one in the morning on an empty stomach, but if I try and drink another later in the day, or drink one after having a solid breakfast, then I’ll feel rough. Very odd. Seems that I can tolerate one in the morning on an empty stomach and that’s it.[/quote]
Try humapro out then, I’ve been using it for over 6 months now and love it

Gregon it’s interesting you say you had surgery to repair a damaged labrum. Dwight Howard is saying he doesn’t have a torn labrum.

[quote]postholedigger wrote:

[quote]Powerpuff wrote:
Gregron -

I just noticed that you mentioned traveling with a stroller. Apparently I’ve missed a few things. Congratulations! I hope everyone is healthy and doing well. [/quote]

Yeah, the mention of a kid earlier on in this thread took me by surprise too. Congrats, Greg, and welcome to the world of fatherhood.[/quote]

Haha yeah, the wife and I had a little baby boy 3 months ago.

It’s been pretty awesome.

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:
Gregon it’s interesting you say you had surgery to repair a damaged labrum. Dwight Howard is saying he doesn’t have a torn labrum.[/quote]

Yeah I saw that. Mine was a partial tear (half of the labrum)

Apparently his is a severe sprain/strain or something, no tear.

[quote]myself1992 wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[quote]myself1992 wrote:
[/quote]

It’s weird, I can drink one in the morning on an empty stomach, but if I try and drink another later in the day, or drink one after having a solid breakfast, then I’ll feel rough. Very odd. Seems that I can tolerate one in the morning on an empty stomach and that’s it.[/quote]
Try humapro out then, I’ve been using it for over 6 months now and love it[/quote]

Sent in my claim paperwork. I decided not to embellish my inventory list but the grand total still came out to $3,343.

Who knows how much they’ll decide to settle my claim for but ill find out in 6 weeks.

Nothing left to do at this point but wait and wear my crappy old workout clothes lol.

For the posters asking about my training, here are a few recent pictures. I need to start working on my conditioning and get my BF% down. If I’m extremely lucky ill have something big coming up and need to be in shape.