Airline Lost My Bag

Anyone else ever dealt with this issue?

Flew up Christmas Eve to see the inlaws family in Seattle and Alaska Air lost my bag.

I filed a claim at the baggage desk and they told me he bags usually show up 24-48 hours later. After days of calling they finally told me that the bag had been scanned into the Seattle airport along with our other bag. My wife and I were delayed in getting down to baggage claim because we had checked the stroller and car seat at the gate and had to change the kiddo after the flight.

I’m pretty sure the bag was stolen off of the baggage carousel before we got down there.

Now I have to put an itemized list together for the airlines to file a claim that takes roughly 6 weeks. I’m up here for 11 days with no jacket and only the clothes I flew with. My entire wardrobe was in the bag along with some pretty expensive Christmas presents for the family. I usually never check my bag but had to because of all th baby items that had us over our carry on limit.

Anyone else ever deal with this issue?

CLIFF NOTES:
Airline lost my bag.
Basically all of my clothes including a bunch of brand new Nike’s and workout clothes.
The bag was scanned in at our destination but not on the baggage carousel when we got there.
Have to file a claim.
Any tips?

[quote]gregron wrote:
Anyone else ever dealt with this issue?

Flew up Christmas Eve to see the inlaws family in Seattle and Alaska Air lost my bag.

I filed a claim at the baggage desk and they told me he bags usually show up 24-48 hours later. After days of calling they finally told me that the bag had been scanned into the Seattle airport along with our other bag. My wife and I were delayed in getting down to baggage claim because we had checked the stroller and car seat at the gate and had to change the kiddo after the flight.

I’m pretty sure the bag was stolen off of the baggage carousel before we got down there.

Now I have to put an itemized list together for the airlines to file a claim that takes roughly 6 weeks. I’m up here for 11 days with no jacket and only the clothes I flew with. My entire wardrobe was in the bag along with some pretty expensive Christmas presents for the family. I usually never check my bag but had to because of all th baby items that had us over our carry on limit.

Anyone else ever deal with this issue?

CLIFF NOTES:
Airline lost my bag.
Basically all of my clothes including a bunch of brand new Nike’s and workout clothes.
The bag was scanned in at our destination but not on the baggage carousel when we got there.
Have to file a claim.
Any tips?[/quote]
Nothing other than the fact that your bag was filled with 25 new ipads and 10 new iphones you were giving as xmas gifts.

As well you can likely try to see the video tape if your bag was distinctive because more than likely a worker stole it and it will be on video somewhere.

Good luck man

I’ve had delayed luggage, but never lost or stolen … Even the delayed is a bitch

I hope everything works out for you

I’ve had my bad stolen and had items stolen individually from my luggage. You’re actually better off losing the whole bag because they don’t reimburse for individual items. There’s a cap on the liability (I’m not sure if it varies by carrier or not).

Do you have receipts for everything? From experience I can say that they will make you work for your payment so be prepared to be as detailed as humanly possible. Are you a member of their frequent fliers club? Did you pay by credit card? Sometimes either of those works in your favor. Lastly, your homeowners might just pay for the lost goods too.

james

sucks to hear. Im always very skeptical of checking my luggage, and make damn sure to be the first one down at the baggage claim and to wait right at the exit point on the carousel.

It’s nice to hear that you bought your family some amazingly expensive gifts this year…

You know those auctions for ‘lost’ luggage?>

I bet most ‘lost’ luggage ends up there, such a fucking con.

Also, they will say CCTV is of no help. Airports have hundreds of CCTV cameras recording to digital scriptsthat are kept for months, if not years, especially in the US. If they say “no we didn’t see anything” they are lying.

Thanks for the info guys.

I haven’t contacted my home owners yet but was considering filing through them as well. We are frequent flyers and actually booked it under my father in laws account from his law office so we might try that angle as well.

Hopefully it all works out. I don’t want some giant settlement or anything, I just want to be able to replace the items that I had.

damn that sucks man, never happened to me but wish you the best of luck… Sure if it does show up it will be sooner rather then later

Two words: CARRY ON

But flying with a baby, I understand.

I hope you find your shit, bro.

We had a bag lost twice…both times the airline delivered it to us once the found it. Good luck.

Gregon mad that he lost David.

David is his vibrator.

I am sorry to his this man, I have had good experiences with Alaska Airlines…

Now the TSA is another story.

Well today is day 11 and I’m flying home without my bag.

It was scanned in at the Seattle airport but not on the carousel when I got down there, pretty sure it’s long gone.

Nice waterproof North Face bag going round and round the day before Christmas without being picked up? Pretty sure some sleeze bag swooped it up hoping to find nice clothes and Christmas presents inside. They were right lol.

At the baggage claim now trying to get reimbursed for all the clothes and toiletries I had to buy up here. We’ll see how this goes…

Man, that sucks, Greg!

However, as a lawyer once told me after a client ripped me off, “Living well is the best revenge. Sure, he has your money, but anyone who stoops to petty crime has a miserable life”.

[quote]gregron wrote:

Nice waterproof North Face bag.[/quote]

I lost the same bag on a train in Belgium. I’d had it for five years and was still good as new. I’ve been using one of those bags on wheels ever since and it’s just not the same. Gonna buy a new one ASAP.

[quote]Diddy Ryder wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

I lost the same bag on a train in Belgium. I’d had it for five years and was still good as new. I’ve been using one of those bags on wheels ever since and it’s just not the same. Gonna buy a new one ASAP.
[/quote]

Gregron stole your bag on that train in Belgium. Now someone has stolen the bag from Gregron. It’s the circle of life.

[quote]super saiyan wrote:

[quote]Diddy Ryder wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[/quote]

Gregron stole your bag on that train in Belgium. Now someone has stolen the bag from Gregron. It’s the circle of life.[/quote]

lol

The airline lost your bag. Now, the airline will lose it’s life. queue Steven Seagal action scene

How did the reimbursement go ?

lol… Just for the record, I didn’t steal your bag :wink:

The reimbursement went really well actually. Turned in all my receipts and after about 30 minutes in the bck room verifying everything they came out and wrote me a check for $804. Pretty sweet. Still have to finish my claim for the rest of my stuff in the bag but they paid me back for the clothes I needed to buy during the trip. Kinda wish I woulda bought/replaced more stuff lol.

Oh yeah and that bag was awesome. I love it and will definitely be buying another one once they settle my claim.