Air Force Bodybuilding-Friendly Jobs

Iâ??m training to win this bodybuilding comp in just under 4 weeks. After that I have to enlist in the Air Force, Iâ??m not settling for the mediocre opportunities around me. Iâ??m a dedicated meathead, knowing that and realizing working out/eating healthy is one of my main priorities/joys in life, Iâ??ve done some research on meathead-friendly jobs in the Air Force. So far, Loadmaster & Firefighter seem ideal, will continue to research, and plan on going in mid-April. What are some other ideal jobs in the Air Force for a fitness enthusiast?

Any input/advice is greatly appreciated!

if you want to be a meat head in the military the best jobs are the ones where you have the opportunity to be lazy and they let you work out on your own.

You don’t want a job where you are working late hours and they are dicks about pt every fucking morning.

You know some jobs in particular that should be avoided, besides Security Forces…

I’ve recently heard, contrary to my belief that Loadmaster is not favorable for a bodybuilder-enthusiast, do you agree with that?

Well I can only speak for the army side of the house, but Id have to echo what Paulie said. The more docile and dormant your job is, and less important, realistically will give you better opportunities.

Whatever Mike Mentzer did in the Chair Force certainly worked for him.

Hold on now. You should be thinking about your future. Don’t blow your chance to get trained in something that will get you a good job after the Air Force.

[quote]DAVE101 wrote:
Whatever Mike Mentzer did in the Chair Force certainly worked for him.[/quote]

Haha, I get it.

“Chair” Force. It sounds like “Air”, but it implies that they sit in chairs all the time.

That’s very funny.

I’ve been a loadmaster for the last 7 years. It’s not easy to stay in the gym with this job. Usually, the bigger guys in the gym that I’ve seen are cops and firemen.

[quote]paulieserafini wrote:
if you want to be a meat head in the military the best jobs are the ones where you have the opportunity to be lazy and they let you work out on your own.

You don’t want a job where you are working late hours and they are dicks about pt every fucking morning.[/quote]

My job was perfect for bodybuilding. I swear I often wish I stayed in considering how that worked out.

Yea, Im really gunning for a firefighting spot.

Other guys recommended that admin/personnel are other complementing ones, with that, I wonder what are some funner admin/personnel jobs in contrast to others…

[quote]AFMike wrote:
I’ve been a loadmaster for the last 7 years. It’s not easy to stay in the gym with this job. Usually, the bigger guys in the gym that I’ve seen are cops and firemen.[/quote]

[quote]VlocoG wrote:
Yea, Im really gunning for a firefighting spot.

Other guys recommended that admin/personnel are other complementing ones, with that, I wonder what are some funner admin/personnel jobs in contrast to others…

[quote]AFMike wrote:
I’ve been a loadmaster for the last 7 years. It’s not easy to stay in the gym with this job. Usually, the bigger guys in the gym that I’ve seen are cops and firemen.[/quote]
[/quote]

The most built soldiers I knew were fire fighters and MP’s.

MP’s hated their job though.

[quote]roland2000 wrote:
Hold on now. You should be thinking about your future. Don’t blow your chance to get trained in something that will get you a good job after the Air Force. [/quote]

I concur. You’ll find time to work out regardless of your specialty. Get into intel or another field where you’ll have excellent opportunities when you get out (100K+). With that said, the desk type jobs will often meet the mail on both your intent and my recommendation.