T Nation

Ahmadine-thingy's Letter

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/11/29/ahmadinejad.letter/

It shouldn’t be funny but it was, even though horribly tragic. I wish I knew his email address so I could tell him to fuck himself. Ironically, I think this asshole is less of an enemy than Ted Kennedy, to piggy back another discussion on this here forumn. Anyhow, for those who haven’t read it and wanted to here it is.

No doubt a good many of you will aggree with him. I bet he could get a job as Hillary’s speach writer, they say the same things, but he is more eloquent.

[quote]pat36 wrote:
http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/11/29/ahmadinejad.letter/

It shouldn’t be funny but it was, even though horribly tragic. I wish I knew his email address so I could tell him to fuck himself. Ironically, I think this asshole is less of an enemy than Ted Kennedy, to piggy back another discussion on this here forumn. Anyhow, for those who haven’t read it and wanted to here it is.

No doubt a good many of you will aggree with him. I bet he could get a job as Hillary’s speach writer, they say the same things, but he is more eloquent.[/quote]

Definately riding the coat-tails of the liberal viewpoints.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
Definately riding the coat-tails of the liberal viewpoints.
[/quote]

How nice of you to define what is liberal not being a liberal yourself. This is a world opinion. Not just American or Iranian.

Considering we cut of all diplomatic communication with this country years ago I am glad to hear what it is he is thinking. I disagree with his “zionist regime” opinion though I agree we blindly support Isreal without question to their policies.

There is way too much tension in this region and we need to figure out how to bring all parties to the table in the spirit of good will and convictions. The US holds way too much influence and the world is beginning to become more and more resentful of our power.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Rockscar wrote:
Definately riding the coat-tails of the liberal viewpoints.

How nice of you to define what is liberal not being a liberal yourself. This is a world opinion. Not just American or Iranian.

Considering we cut of all diplomatic communication with this country years ago I am glad to hear what it is he is thinking. I disagree with his “zionist regime” opinion though I agree we blindly support Isreal without question to their policies.

There is way too much tension in this region and we need to figure out how to bring all parties to the table in the spirit of good will and convictions. The US holds way too much influence and the world is beginning to become more and more resentful of our power. [/quote]

If we release our power, then who will have it?

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
If we release our power, then who will have it?
[/quote]

I think there is a flaw in your thinking…

[quote]Rockscar wrote:

If we release our power, then who will have it?
[/quote]

This is a valid question but let me put it to you this way. What US state has the most power? Does this state use its power to subjugate the rest of the US or does it use its influence to positively affect the US and stand as a an example of morality? Do you even think that one state should be the most powerful?

We live in a global society and we need to act that way as a nation to the rest of the world and quit being the world-super-power-police.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
We live in a global society and we need to act that way as a nation to the rest of the world and quit being the world-super-power-police.[/quote]

I aggree with your sentiment, but I disaggree with you in general on how to get there.

Yes, and when a country needs help who do they expect to help them??

The US.

Iran is thumbing it’s nose at the world community with nukes. We are thumbbing our noses to the community by fighting terrorism.

So, who’s right?

[quote]vroom wrote:
Rockscar wrote:
If we release our power, then who will have it?

I think there is a flaw in your thinking…[/quote]

It’s because I haven’t had the operation yet…the one that disconnects my ass from my brain.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
Yes, and when a country needs help who do they expect to help them??

The US.

Iran is thumbing it’s nose at the world community with nukes. We are thumbbing our noses to the community by fighting terrorism.

So, who’s right?

[/quote]

Neither!

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

This is a valid question but let me put it to you this way. What US state has the most power? Does this state use its power to subjugate the rest of the US or does it use its influence to positively affect the US and stand as a an example of morality? Do you even think that one state should be the most powerful? [/quote]

Not when the states all voluntarily subjugate themselves before a sovereign - the nation.

This is utter fantasy. While I think the US should peel back its ‘world police’ role, we don’t live in a global society. Nations have not - and will never - subjugate themselves to a sovereign.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
Yes, and when a country needs help who do they expect to help them??

The US.

Iran is thumbing it’s nose at the world community with nukes. We are thumbbing our noses to the community by fighting terrorism.

So, who’s right?

[/quote]

No one in this example is right in my opinion. The US cannot fight terrorism in other people’s backyard and expect to be embraced with open arms especially when we aren’t wanted there by the people we are supposed to be “helping”.

Iran maintains its intentions are peaceful. I don’t know if this is true–and frankly neither does the US gov’t. We are acting under the assupmtion that they are lying as prudence dictates; however nukes are not the real issue. The real issue is that the US dictates the policy that it wants other nations to follow that it does not follow. I’m sure I do not need to explain why this is not popular in the world view.

So my question is, should the US impose its beleifs on other nations because it deems it in its best interest or should it work with the rest of the world to come to a conclusion that is as fair as possible for everyone? The path that the US takes will determine its place in the world court of opinion for the next few decades. I’m not sure what the correct course of action is.

[quote]pat36 wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
We live in a global society and we need to act that way as a nation to the rest of the world and quit being the world-super-power-police.

I aggree with your sentiment, but I disaggree with you in general on how to get there.

[/quote]

I’ve never stated how we should get there–if there is even a place to get.

All I am suggesting is that the US has worn out its welcome as the “neighborhood watch”.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
Not when the states all voluntarily subjugate themselves before a sovereign - the nation.

This is utter fantasy. While I think the US should peel back its ‘world police’ role, we don’t live in a global society. Nations have not - and will never - subjugate themselves to a sovereign.
[/quote]

I am not suggesting one unified global government. I am suggesting one unified globe dedicated to respect, diverstiy, and one economy.

We do live in a global society–whether anyone want to believe it or not. The fact that the US relies so heavily on the world economy makes us a memeber at that table. We cannot support our own needs because our quality of life has improved too quickly in comparison to the economies we rely on–meaning, we cannot compete with cheap labor. Democracy isn’t enough for the US to stand on.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
So my question is, should the US impose its beleifs on other nations because it deems it in its best interest or should it work with the rest of the world to come to a conclusion that is as fair as possible for everyone? [/quote]

Easy…what is fair in life? In this situation we cannot think of being “Fair”. Fair is for children playing with toys.

Our beliefs are put out there just like everyone elses. Don’t demonize the US just because it has beliefs that are different than others. In this scenario, the is no fair resolution.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
vroom wrote:
Rockscar wrote:
If we release our power, then who will have it?

I think there is a flaw in your thinking…

It’s because I haven’t had the operation yet…the one that disconnects my ass from my brain.
[/quote]

LOL, maybe you should consider it?

Anyway, I just mean that power isn’t something that has to be actively applied at all times…

If you don’t apply it, that doesn’t mean it suddenly is in the hands of another. Besides, there are more types of power than military might, and the sooner we start acting like it, the better. Well, in my own opinion anyway.

None of the ideas that I’d consider would require the US to give up might or the ability to exert power if it needed to.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
So my question is, should the US impose its beleifs on other nations because it deems it in its best interest or should it work with the rest of the world to come to a conclusion that is as fair as possible for everyone?

Easy…what is fair in life? In this situation we cannot think of being “Fair”. Fair is for children playing with toys.

Our beliefs are put out there just like everyone elses. Don’t demonize the US just because it has beliefs that are different than others. In this scenario, the is no fair resolution.

[/quote]

Yes, that is why I stated “as fair as possible”–which I should have included, without the US throwing out all its beliefs and opinions. That wouldn’t be a solution either.

I don’t believe I am demonizing the US. I am demonizing the policy under which we have allowed the world opinion to collaps around us.

I agree nothing is always fair but that doesn’t mean rules shouldn’t be followed to level the playing field. Fairness doesn’t mean that all sides get what they want. You are confusing your definition of fairness with utopianism.