T Nation

Ahahahaha - Wii Fit

Quote: “Will this get me toned? I run a lot, but the gym in my town isn’t ever open, and when it is I can’t always make it. So will this help with that?”

Sad.

What? It’s not funny nor sad. Just another member of the uninformed masses.

Heres my opinion:

If you are under the age of 12 and play it and begin to enjoy exercise…then it is a step in the right direction. We need to get kids active anyway possible right now. That is why I don’t hate on kids who play DDR for aerobic work. Sure encourage them to play sports or ride bikes. but Hell, its betteer than nothing. Let them begin to like exercise young and hopefully it will grow.

Or if you are elderly and its the only thing you can do (better than Sit-N-Be Fit) or in rehab or disabled, then yea its better than nothing and in the right direction

Now if you are 43 and think your gonna get in shape with the dam thing. Then you are pathetic and/or retard. With the quote from the OP…this person is jsut dumb…

The Wii Fit isn’t really that bad suprisingly. It will help point people in the right direction.

Before I played it I couldn’t imagine how a video game could make a person fit but some of the exercises on it can be kind of hard.

Unless you’ve played it, don’t knock it as it can tell you stuff you wouldn’t otherwise know about your body.

I agree it’s better than nothing but it should go alongside with exercise and not be a replacement.
People expect this to be another miracle product where they don’t have to work as hard, to get the results they want.

Wii Fit is lame. I don’t care how ghey I sound right now, Dance Dance Revolution had it going in the right direction. I got really good at that shit, and THAT is HIIT for you. 1 1/2 minutes of hell, wait for your score, and pick a new song. I lost 30 lbs with nothing except DDR.

Wii Fit, on the other hand, is hilarious because I see all sorts of fat fuckers (I work at Best Buy) come through with those things. Almost every one of them I’ve talked to about it says they eventually stopped playing because it was too hard, and they gave it to their kids.

Its a good start for kids, I have a 14 year old sister who is starting to see the importance and fun of exercise because of it. If that leads to her going to the gym as she gets a little older, I’m all for it.

My neighbor bought that shit. Can’t wait to see that fat fucker deadlift his wii remote for reps.

[quote]GetSwole wrote:
Its a good start for kids, I have a 14 year old sister who is starting to see the importance and fun of exercise because of it. If that leads to her going to the gym as she gets a little older, I’m all for it.[/quote]

Agreed. I don’t see anything wrong with it as far as getting kids involved in some kind of exercise at an early age. Hopefully it gets them interested in doing more as they get older.

^Seconded its great for younger children^ However If I ever see a guy over 18 trying to get Yoked with wii fit So Help Me God lol however Im sure thatl never happen… its an funny thought tho I can see them now with there BB.com T-shirts on lol

[quote]SSC wrote:
Wii Fit is lame. I don’t care how ghey I sound right now, Dance Dance Revolution had it going in the right direction. I got really good at that shit, and THAT is HIIT for you. 1 1/2 minutes of hell, wait for your score, and pick a new song. I lost 30 lbs with nothing except DDR.

Wii Fit, on the other hand, is hilarious because I see all sorts of fat fuckers (I work at Best Buy) come through with those things. Almost every one of them I’ve talked to about it says they eventually stopped playing because it was too hard, and they gave it to their kids.[/quote]

Dance dance revolution is the shit. It also gives you great feet for football and basketball.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=3930575&categoryid=2378529

I gotta say it did help me fix a posture problem I had that a $200/hr chiropractor missed.

Don’t knock it till you’ve tried it. Seriously.

I have used Wii Fit, and ya, it was pretty lame. The balance games were fun though. Actually for the best video game workout, Rock Band drumming is pretty decent.

[quote]tg2hbk4488 wrote:
Heres my opinion:

If you are under the age of 12 and play it and begin to enjoy exercise…then it is a step in the right direction. We need to get kids active anyway possible right now. That is why I don’t hate on kids who play DDR for aerobic work. Sure encourage them to play sports or ride bikes. but Hell, its better than nothing. Let them begin to like exercise young and hopefully it will grow.

Or if you are elderly and its the only thing you can do (better than Sit-N-Be Fit) or in rehab or disabled, then yea its better than nothing and in the right direction

Now if you are 43 and think your gonna get in shape with the dam thing. Then you are pathetic and/or retard. With the quote from the OP…this person is just dumb…[/quote]

x2

In light of this thread this parody is pretty on point not sure if it was posted in GAL before…

http://www.break.com/index/wii-fit-parody.html

Haha, someone linked to the definition of meathead.

“They carry around gallons of water acting to be some sort of muscle machine.”
“One who wears cutoff t-shirts, lift weights, and drinks gallon jugs of water.”

haha, someone linked to Atomic Dog

Dance Dance Revolution is the best workout you’ll get with a video game: