Aggressive1 Lifting and Conditioning

I feel your pain…I was concentrating on getting an 800 sumo pull and just kept pushing and pushing. in the middle of 785 pull I felt a pop in my hip and my bursa sac immediately swelled up and it put pressure on a nerve running down my leg. I couldn’t even bend it for days…couldn’t sit, stand…sleep…nothing. that took forever to come back from. now I have to really listen to my body and at the first sign of an issue, I shut it down and switch gears.

I could say it’s hell getting older but when I don’t do stupid shit I feel amazing. I’m in the best all around shape I’ve been in since I started powerlifting. I can actually run and jump and have mobility. All things I neglected in the drive for absolute strength.

1 Like

thanks…it’s a far cry from almost hitting 800 but i’ll take it. I hit a decent 765 a couple weeks ago but I felt that all too familiar twing in my hip so I shut it down.

Had same shit like that happen at the end of last summer…Felt a pop in the right hip. Was in some major pain for several weeks spent some stupid $$ On a MRI just to find nothing torn ,just inflammation and swelling which was compressing the nerves in the area.

Swelling that compresses nerves is the worst. It crept down my leg day by day until the pain was in my foot. Totally imobilized my leg. I don’t want that ever again…couldn’t drive, sit, stand or lay down to sleep without major pain. There was no position that relieved the pain.

1 Like

I can relate to all this injury talk…The other day I was in the middle of a super-intense Shake Weight sesh when I felt a sudden twinge in my left shoulder…That’s when I realized I had forgotten to put my purse down before starting. Just goes to show the importance of proper technique/set-up.

Nice to see you again, big man.

1 Like

shake weight is no joke…

thanks…cool to see some of the old school are still here.

Good stuff, remember your old posts -you had a 500+ raw bench? Whats the upper work look like now

yep…I’ve hit 540 in competition. I’ve been all about the pumps and cuts lately. train mostly using circuits trying to get as much in as I can while I’m in the gym. i have an upper day and a lower day right now and i do a ton of conditioning work outside the gym. on upper day i do some sort of bench variation, an upper back movement, some shoulder stuff and biceps work…all done in a circuit…increasing weight but keeping the reps the same as i repeat the circuit. after i hit my top set on the bench variation i switch to a high rep/low weight circuit of the same components with different exercises and switch out biceps for triceps.

on lower day, lately, it’s all been quad dominant circuit stuff that will include a squat variation, walking lunges and a dumbbell squat to finish the circuit for really high reps an no lockout at the top. i do this circuit as well increasing the weight and keeping the reps the same. i also do standing calf raises in between each exercise. i also do sledgehammer forearm work in between as well.

recently I’ve been concentrating on sumo pulls and pulled 765. i tore my distal biceps a little over a year ago pulling and have since switched to double overhand.

my top set on bench these days is 405 working up to 10 reps.

Big PUSSY:wink:

I know right…it’s tough getting old😉

1 Like