Aggresive KNURL Deadlift Bar ?

Has anyone used either the Okie Deadlift or the Buddy Capps Deadlift bar ?
Sick of having to try and grip the 600grit knurl on my fitness center bar.

If you want it done well, you sometimes gotta walk in with your own equipment.

Has anyone used BOTH ? If so, which did you prefer and why ?

Didnt know where else to post this …

Sweet Winter Solstice, Happy Hannuka (jewbacca) and Merry Christmas !

Have used Oakie it is def good knurling but nothing digs like a Texas in my opinion

I bought a texas DL bar last year and am glad I did since my gym doesnt have fancy bars. They let me store it there too so its pretty convenient

Get a Texas DL bar if you like. The one we have has knurling like razor blades.

Haven’t used a Texas DL but I have used an Okie and the only issue I’ve had with the knurl is that it’ll make it look like someone took a cheese grater to your palms lol

I liked how the okie whipped a lot but I think the texas dl bar is just more quality overall. Another option would be just a general Texas Power Bar that’ll work well for other lifts too

Does Anyone know if the Texas PowerBar have the same aggresive knurling that the DeadLift bar has ?

[quote]killerDIRK wrote:
Does Anyone know if the Texas PowerBar have the same aggresive knurling that the DeadLift bar has ?
[/quote]

It does not

[quote]killerDIRK wrote:
[/quote]
It is similar, but I think the Deadlift bar is a bit nastier, which is to say better. The DL bar is also longer and smaller in diameter than the Power Bar, and doesn’t have the shin-wrecking center knurl that the Power Bar has.

I’ve used both the Okie and Texas DL bars, and the Texas is next on my list of toys I want to add to my basement gym.

My gym bought an Okie Bar at my request and I used it for the first time today. Very nice with deep knurling. It seems very thin in my hands and the whip is good.

The one thing that bugged me about the Okie is that when it was delivered to my house it was still covered in metal shavings and machining oil. Thought it was just a weird one but a lot of people said theirs came like that too, has anyone here had that happen?