Age 25 - Testosterone Level

Hi,

I have problems with my mood, energy, libido, motivation for almost one year.
I decided to test my testosterone and prolactin levels, here are results:

Time: 8 am

Prolactin: 595.63 mU/l - ref. (73.7 - 407.4)
Testosterone: 25.82 nmol/l - ref. (4.94 - 32.01)

unit convertion: nmol/L → ng/dL

Testosterone: 744.09 ng/dL - ref. (142.36 - 922.48)

I’m confused about my testosterone level a bit. I’m 25 years old so I think my testosterone should be in his peak right now. I think level around 900 ng/dL should be appropriate for my age, am I right? Would I feel difference in libido, energy, mood?

Right now I don’t have much healthy lifestyle. Will things like: better diet, more sleep, less stress, more sports, exercise, spending time outdoors etc. help with testosterone level and my problems?

Right now I don’t have much healthy lifestyle. Will things like: better diet, more sleep, less stress, more sports, exercise, spending time outdoors etc. help with testosterone level and my problems?[/quote]

Yes! However, better find out why your prolactin is so high.

Prolactin can be high from a growth on your pituitary gland, a adenoma. To check for that you need a MRI. If there is an adenoma and it gets large it can press on the optic nerves and cause visual problems such as a reduction in width of your peripheral vision.

Some drugs can increase prolactin.

Please read the advice for new guys sticky.

Your T levels look fine. Note everyone is above average. In the sticky above, you will see discussion about other problems. Please also read the thyroid basics sticky and evaluate your body temperatures and iodine intake.

So look for other reasons that you do not feel well. Do not have T-tunnel vision.

So two things, prolactin and perhaps some thyroid/iodine issues.

You know KSMan… Your words rang true again for me… Thanks.

When I got my prolactin levals checked, I was moderately high (I think 19-20, when 15 was the max).

If you listened to some bro-commentary here, you’d have thought I was one step away from having pituitary cancer / end of the world / gonna die any moment.

So, while I was somewhat concerned about my prolactin level, I wasn’t about to run amok.

And then today, you mentioned certain medications jacking up the levels.

A bit of google and BINGO.

Certain high blood pressure medicines (the common ones) are known to slightly increase prolactin levels.

In my case, my metabolic syndrome (gut fat) is causing other issues – increased BP.

Thankfully, TRT is slowly (and safely) making me less whale’ish. When I get back to a healthy weight, I opine there’s a good chance I can take myself off the BP meds. Which may hopefully slow down the extra prolactin excretion.

Once again, your knowledge was helpful and appreciated.

Besties

C