T Nation

Against The Tinfoil Hats

As I read through this article today by Bill Kristol on his first 10 years over at the Weekly Standard, I could not help but think of some of the uber-conspiracy posts on this forum from our tinfoil wearing brethren. Conspiracies (despite everyone's best efforts to try and prove otherwise) are just [i]not[/i] that easy to pull off in real life.

Interesting read:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/006/033eyias.asp

Kuz, you are so right - conspiracies are very difficult to pull off. Especially government conspiracies. Now, I've met some very professional and dedicated government employees, and I also met some that were, well, not so dedicated. Think about - if a government employee isn't motivated to do his or her regular job, how are you going to convince them to do extra work to further a conspiracy.

If there are any "conspiracies" they are more likely to be on the local level were there usually is corruption.

Sure they are. All you have to do is write an article saying conspiracy theories are so ridiculous that you shouldn't even bother checking into them yourself.

Keep your eye on the watch... you are getting sleepy... don't look behind the curtain because everything you already see and hear is true...

William Kristol is editor of The Weekly Standard, as well as chairman and co-founder of the Project for the New American Century.

"The process of transformation is likely to be a long one, absent some catastrophic and catalyzing event - like a new Pearl Harbor."
~Project for the New American Century, Rebuilding America's Defenses, Sept 2000

PNAC Letter to Gingrich and Lott on Iraq
May 29, 1998
...U.S. policy should have as its explicit goal removing Saddam Hussein's regime from power and establishing a peaceful and democratic Iraq in its place. We recognize that this goal will not be achieved easily. But the alternative is to leave the initiative to Saddam, who will continue to strengthen his position at home and in the region. Only the U.S. can lead the way in demonstrating that his rule is not legitimate and that time is not on the side of his regime. To accomplish Saddam's removal, the following political and military measures should be undertaken:

-- We should take whatever steps are necessary to challenge Saddam Hussein's claim to be Iraq's legitimate ruler, including indicting him as a war criminal;

-- We should help establish and support (with economic, political, and military means) a provisional, representative, and free government of Iraq in areas of Iraq not under Saddam's control;

-- We should use U.S. and allied military power to provide protection for liberated areas in northern and southern Iraq; and -- We should establish and maintain a strong U.S. military presence in the region, and be prepared to use that force to protect our vital interests in the Gulf - and, if necessary, to help remove Saddam from power
http://www.newamericancentury.org/iraqletter1998.htm

Hey, where's bin Laden?

JTF's last post is living proof that normal people should never utter the words conspiracy, theory, tin, foil, or hats.

It's like channeling the kooks, freaks and wierdos out of their hiding places. I'm sure we'll hear from JTF's intern momentarily.

It would actually be humerous if JTF, et al didn't believe so completely in their fantasy world.

Kuz

This board is being overun by these silly theories if you ask me. So is the mainstream media. I don't think it helps either.

I just heard on the radio that Farrakun (sp) is claiming that the levees in New Orleans were blown up by the government because GWB wanted to kill the black people. When does it stop?

Huh? Does that mean it was (supposedly) deemed time for a New New Orleans?

Kuz,

THEY got to you, didn't they? I thought we agreed that we would discuss this only when THEY couldn't hear us. I'd better get back to typing under my desk. Which is made from tin.

Farrakhan is a Malcolm X wannabe.

I don't believe for a minute that Louis Farrakhan believes that himself; But he damn sure believes that he can rile up alot of people who do.

It's funny that this should come up. I just recieved my new and improved fine aluminum wire woven baseball cap. So soft and pliable you forget that you are being protected. It even comes in a sporty ultra-modern style and color.

Now I'm sure it's working too, because I can tell that this thread is just a counter measure of the main conspirators.
B.T.W.- Does anybody know if a DEXA scan will show levels of strontium 90?

http://www.stopabductions.com/

Tinfoil hats are out.

Check out this link for the latest in thought screen helmets.

Actually rain, the only difference between what you believe and what I believe is that I believe they're actually involved in and plan things - you prefer to believe everything happens because of bureaucracy and incompetence.

Unfortunately bureaucracy and incompetence are not so consistently and richly rewarded in real life.

So you've never worked for a large corporation before? Read some Dilbert cartoons, and get back to us.

God bless JTF, the tin foil hat brigade, and kooky conspiracy theorists... laughter keeps us young.

So if the truth lies somewhere in between, and you get some scheming but incompetent bureaucrats, wouldn't the conspirators actualy be too incompetent to pull off their own scheme? That is what evil henchmen are for though isn't it?
I think the most recent conspiracy to come to friution has to do with the auto and fuel industries. They got together a few years ago and decided to start making leviathan S.U.V.s. Once the naive consumers of America bought a few million of them it became time to launch Phase II. Thats when the gas prices started rising. The Government is in on it too. The whole war thing is just distraction and justification for the high prices. Now the oil industry is raking in the dough and giving kickbacks to the Auto Executives, and we already know that the Gov. Executives have a vested interest in oil. Now it all makes sense...

Oh shit- I lost my hat! (Or has it been stolen?)

The ultimate solution to people reading your thoughts - stop thinking.

Now that's just good advice right there. :smiley:

Seriously though, does aluminum work too, or is it just tin? Somebody help me out here.

If you eat enough lead-based paint, does that give you any protection?

Yeah, that's what I meant, real life, just like..... Dilbert.

BTW no one mentioned Occam's Razor yet, or is that being saved for the big finish.

If you kill enough brain cells. Hey, maybe alcohol would work as well.

The reason Dilbert is so funny is the fact that it's not all that far from the truth, buddy. (holding hand up) I swear.

Come to my hospital, and I will show you my mile-long mission statement, the corporate culture BS classes I have to take... next week I have to go to a "scripting" class to make sure I know how to answer a fucking phone properly.

I shit you not.

There's one more hour of my life gone.

But don't get me wrong, we do a lot of good in my company. We are the best hospital around for many many miles. But come on... a phone answering class? What corporate dweeb thought this up? And better yet, how did he get taken so seriously that every single employee of this company has to go this pungent, steaming, heap of BS?

These are the kind of people who dream up world domination, complex plots within plots, and double-triple-crossing webs of deceit and lies?

Maybe they're just self-serving idiots? With pointy hair? :slight_smile:

Loth,

Aren't you a doctor? What are you answering phones for? I thought the little people did that for you guys?