Against HRT, Natural Alternatives?

I start TRT/HRT this week. Test Eth. twice weekly inject, HCG, Thyroid (for low Thyroid) and 25mg Clomid. Low T levels, lethargy for years and now at 36, tired of trying all natural supplements, never used steroid or prohormones. Very athletic an ripped already, (MMA training) levels at 500 and as low as 330 previous blood test. But no sex drive or libido since age 33 and drained from the fact of having to use ED meds for sex. never had to use them before. My Doc for years told me it was normal aging, now I want to live.

[quote]christopher36 wrote:
My Doc for years told me it was normal aging,[/quote]

Every man alive should be pissed by the fact that doctors exist who think life ends in your mid-30’s.

I start TRT/HRT this week. Test Eth. twice weekly inject, HCG, Thyroid (for low Thyroid) and 25mg Clomid. Low T levels, lethargy for years and now at 36, tired of trying all natural supplements, never used steroid or prohormones. Very athletic an ripped already, (MMA training) levels at 500 and as low as 330 previous blood test. But no sex drive or libido since age 33 and drained from the fact of having to use ED meds for sex. never had to use them before. My Doc for years told me it was normal aging, now I want to live. [/quote]

No prescribed AI and I dont understand the need for 25mg clomid through TRT. Do you have the readings from your test? With your levels peaking in the 500s and the symptoms you are describing I would be worried about current estrogen levels.

I am getting my labs with my prescription order. I asked about Adex but the Dr. said no. I was told E was normal/good, thyroid low. I am also concerned about the Clomid. but my family Dr. when I tested at 330 told me I was low but to wait six months. That turned into three years and much research on my part.

I am not jumping into TRT blind. That is why Clomid concerns me but it is a low dose. I would think it was prescribed to stop any conversion of the test, twice week inj. I will post all labs before starting and dosages.

So should I not take it?? If I am injecting T with HCG… when I get my lab results I’ll post. This Dr. is in the network for hormone replacement. I don’t need to be an emotional mess.

I am reading so much info on HRT and many guys are prescribed the 25mg. dose and feel great. I will speak to my Dr. and update. Thanks.

My doctor is fine with Arimidex but is leary about HCG. He is worried about not being able to get my levels in check. He will cycle it. Come off Test for 2 weeks and do hcg 2 weeks. then back on test. Of coarse I told him flat out no. He is a good doctor but still not up on HRT yet. He did read Dr. Crisler’s paper on HCG. I just need more information to show him and he will come around.

So maybe this is the same reason your doc is not palying well.

OP, you badly need to lose that fat. It’s feminizing in the max.

Do the anabolic diet thing. Get lots of saturated fats, and balance your polyunsaturates. (Do this by eating lots of beef and balancing chicken and pork against fish.)

Lift weights at least 4 days a week. Do low intensity cardio in the mornings, and high intensity interval training after your weight lifting.

Brocolli and garlic can help a little with hormonal balance. They are both very good for a multitude of reasons, including flavor (imo).

If you get down to 15-10% body fat and you’re eating right, yet still low T, then you should probably consider HRT. 43 is too young for 200!

[quote]jakeman124 wrote:
My doctor is fine with Arimidex but is leary about HCG. He is worried about not being able to get my levels in check. He will cycle it. Come off Test for 2 weeks and do hcg 2 weeks. then back on test. Of coarse I told him flat out no. He is a good doctor but still not up on HRT yet. He did read Dr. Crisler’s paper on HCG. I just need more information to show him and he will come around.

So maybe this is the same reason your doc is not palying well. [/quote]

I agree with you on that. I have been speaking to someone regarding Sustain and I may purchase that. I don’t need no vision problems or to start crying during some chick flick. My program offers Adex also, that is why it surprised me to see Clomiphene 25mg. on my script. Has anyone used Sustain and would that be a safer choice? I really appreciate all the help here. Thanks guys.

[quote]usownt wrote:
Apart from the concern about finding out that one day you may not get access to the T, It is not known what the long tern consequences may be.

My main point is that I would rather see how high I can get by doing things naturally before taking such a life-changing step of going on TRT.

I do not know any part of my post that could be considered judgemental, so I do not know why you, Bushi are being so abusive.

If you cannot reply in a polit way, then I am not interested in anything you have to say.

Tony

[/quote]
The answer to your original question is: NO, there is no natural way to substantially increase T or FT.

If an herb or “natural” supplement could do it, then the results would be repeatable and verifiable over a large sample base. I have never seen it nor have I seen even one person who produced lab results to substantiate claims to that effect.

Think about it. If that type of thing existed OTC, it would be a threat to big pharma AND would be abused by enough individuals wanting to be bigger and bigger and stronger and stronger. The FDA would be quick to then regulate or outlaw it.

I have seen others in your situation who eschew TRT because it is a lifelong commitment, fear test will be outlawed, etc. Yet, they search for some “natural” substance which will produce the same results. Even if they found it, wouldn’t it be a lifelong commitment and couldn’t it be outlawed? The thinking seems rather flawed to me.

Last, obviously losing 70 pounds, exercising and eating right will improve your health and your life, but it’s going to take a lot more than green tea to do it.

jakeman124 wrote:

I agree with you on that. I have been speaking to someone regarding Sustain and I may purchase that. I don’t need no vision problems or to start crying during some chick flick. My program offers Adex also, that is why it surprised me to see Clomiphene 25mg. on my script. Has anyone used Sustain and would that be a safer choice? I really appreciate all the help here. Thanks guys.[/quote]

What is Sustain? Since you have a doctor, I won’t presume you mean Sustanon, so please tell us what you are referring to. Thanks in advance. KNB

[quote]KNB wrote:
christopher36 wrote:
jakeman124 wrote:

I agree with you on that. I have been speaking to someone regarding Sustain and I may purchase that. I don’t need no vision problems or to start crying during some chick flick. My program offers Adex also, that is why it surprised me to see Clomiphene 25mg. on my script. Has anyone used Sustain and would that be a safer choice? I really appreciate all the help here. Thanks guys.

What is Sustain? Since you have a doctor, I won’t presume you mean Sustanon, so please tell us what you are referring to. Thanks in advance. KNB[/quote]

Sustain is by Primodial and it is an anti E/PCT, Resveratrol. It is a topical. I am hearing it is a better alternative on other boards. I am just trying to avoid the bad sides I hear with Clomiphene. 25mg. is a low dosage but the vision thing worries me along with being depressed and emotional sides involved.

Professor X,

I am currently doing very little physical exercise, you are absolutely right I need to be fully committed on all aspects of losing weight and I am going to use all the advise I am getting.

I am starting by walking and have joined a gym, to start end of this month.

Incidently, last time I was tested with low T, 2yrs ago, it motivated me to focus and I lost about 70lb+ in about 6mnths. But I gradually let myself slip, hopefully this time round, with a supportive forum like this I would get the information to keep me motivated.
I believe I started slipping when I stopped seeing the level of results I was getting in the initial months,and from missing gym and focussing on low calorie diet with a lot on beans and lentils.
Thanks
Tony

[quote]Professor X wrote:
usownt wrote:

Is there any suggestions for targetting abdominal fat specifically?

Yes. Stop worrying about “targeting abdominal fat” and begin realizing that if you are 70+lbs overweight, your entire body is fat. You should be “targeting full body fat loss”.

There is nothing more ridiculous than seeing someone who is extremely overweight running to the gym to ONLY do ab exercises and jump on the treadmill…before they quit after just two weeks and claim they’ve tried everything and can’t lose weight.

What you are attempting to do, a lifestyle change, is going to take full commitment and a replacement of every bad habit that got you into that condition. The fact that you are even most focused on “belly fat” shows you may not understand just how much effort this will take.

Do you even lift weights currently?[/quote]

It is a confidence thing, I do not approach my wife unless I am confident I can sustain my erection. I do not have this concern when wanking.
I need to suck it up and just go for it more often and cut down the masturbation to maybe a couple times a week.
I am lucky that my wife is patient,and is usually willing to have sex, when I approach her but everyone has their limits and right now I have reached it.
I have resolved to start going to bed at same time as wifey so I do not get tempted wank when I am alone with the computer.
I must add that my wife gave birth 5months ago, and we want more children, my wife would be 29 this year.

[quote]Khronos wrote:
Something else I don’t understand is why you masturbate everyday but you aren’t having sex with your wife? If you can masturbate you can have sex. If you have the desire to masturbate you have the desire for sex, so why the heck aren’t you spending that quality time with your wife? I can’t imagine that she’s terribly happy with this arraingment either, so maybe a lot of the problems you are facing in life right now aren’t necessarily due to low test? [/quote]

Thanks for the advise on exercise, Bushy

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
usownt wrote:
Thanks for all your responses, 1st off,I do not know my exact T level, but I hope it is more than 200- I think I need to go to my doc and get my T tested so that I can know where I am starting from. I was tested once 2yrs ago; I could not remember the exact numbers but it was near bottom of range. The bottom of range was approx 2.7 and my T was like 2.9
I just used the 200 value as an example to make a point.

I am overweight by approx 70lb, so as Bigdawg, Blackcat and Airtruth suggested, I need to get my weight down and see if it helps.
Is there any suggestions for targetting abdominal fat specifically?

Bushy, Thanks for your message, I understand how it may appear to be highhanded of me, to come and appear to be preaching to people who has greater knowledge than, me. In fact I suppose Iam a little guilty on that count, But I wanted to let people know that they may be alternatives, as I notice that there is little advice about encouraging people to research all options b4 going for TRT and it seems that Docs dont seem to give this advise either.

YoMomma, I do not know what to make of your post about the microwave are you serious or are you mocking me?
May be it is just my mental fogginess kicking in :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone for your responses and Bushy thanks for the time you have taken to clarify your position.

Tony

No worries dude, thanks for your less moralistic sounding reply :wink:

Perhaps we can now get onto the business of helping you achieve your goals.

The reason not many talk about ‘naturally’ boosting T levels is because by and large, non pharmaceutical attempts to raise test levels only work on healthy people, and even then, only to a small degree.

Lets say you managed to boost your T levels by a massive 50%, from say 200 to 300, that still leaves you with pretty crappy test levels, no?

Plus, without regular blood testing and trialing of many different herbs/dietary regeims, etc you won’t even know whether you have succeeded in your goals.

I suppose you can go off symptoms which is fair enough. However you’d still need to take a good couple of months trying every different natural method, which could take you years to systematically go through. Meanwhile, you are still feeling like shit.

Listen to what ProX said above. You do not need to concern yourself with losing abdominal fat, or ‘stubborn areas’ or whatever. You need to lose FAT. Period.

It will come off from everywhere or not at all.

The most successful fat loss guy I ever met went from 22 stones (about 310lbs) to 15 stones (210) in 12 months, just by walking too and from work EVERY day and eating a sensible, balanced diet, consisting of regular small meals featuring plenty of veg, lean meat, healthy fat and fiber.

Aftera bout 4 months, he started at the gym. No, he didn’t waste time focussing on individual areas, he just got on with burning calories, improving heart/lung efficiency and stimulating muscle.

Keep it simple, but keep it regular and consistent. Aim for some form of activity every day, and throw in 3-6 exercise sessions per week on top.

You can learn a SHITLOAD from this site, but you can also get bogged down in the details. I’ve been there myself, wondering if I should have 30 seconds rest, or maybe 45 seconds, or perhaps 37.5 secs would be more optimal. Bullshit, just do it (as they say).

Good luck.

Bushy[/quote]

[quote]LillGuy001 wrote:
christopher36 wrote:
I start TRT/HRT this week. Test Eth. twice weekly inject, HCG, Thyroid (for low Thyroid) and 25mg Clomid. Low T levels, lethargy for years and now at 36, tired of trying all natural supplements, never used steroid or prohormones. Very athletic an ripped already, (MMA training) levels at 500 and as low as 330 previous blood test. But no sex drive or libido since age 33 and drained from the fact of having to use ED meds for sex. never had to use them before. My Doc for years told me it was normal aging, now I want to live.

No prescribed AI and I dont understand the need for 25mg clomid through TRT. Do you have the readings from your test? With your levels peaking in the 500s and the symptoms you are describing I would be worried about current estrogen levels.
[/quote]
I will be recieving lab results. Dr. told me my Test (Sex Globulin) is at 64 and Test is 550. My script arrived today and it is one vial Test Eth. 10ml. 1/2cc once week (1st week) then 1/2cc twice per. Clomiphene 25mg daily once. Armour Thyroid 60mg. daily once. HCG (Novarel 10,000units vial) 600 units SQ twice weekly. He explained the Clomid is bc I may want to have children one day. What is anyones thoughts. Thanks.