Again the High Cholesterol

Hi,

I search about the cholesterol even here on the forum. I had blood work with my girlfriend and we both have high cholesterol by we have LDL over the optimal range. My question is regarding the other post here. I cant imagine what numbers has normal people?

Same as people here asking for help. We eat clean. Taking extra fish oils, vit D, multivitamins, greens. Our diet is mainly oats, rice, legume, vegies, fruits, nuts and meat. I have training 6x week girlfriend 4x week. Im at 10% body fat and girlfriend on 16%

So we normal live everyday on stuff what everybody recomend to people to lower their LDL.

So what is the recomendation? I dont care about high cholesterol (I read the post here about the cholesterol that high cholesterol is good) But I dont like to have LDL over the range. But what to do when I dont want to take meds for that and we exercise, eat healthy, take extra suplements?

Beta sitosterol, olive leaf extract, and low saturated fat. Am I missing anything else? I don’t have to worry about this fortunately, so these are just things that come to mind.

But then again, you should post your numbers so someone more experienced can analyze your ratio… Total LDL isn’t necessarily the target as for my understanding. It’s the ratio which is key.

I have:

HDL: 1,69
LDL: 3,83
Cholesterol: 5,53

[quote]BulletproofTiger wrote:
Beta sitosterol, olive leaf extract, and low saturated fat. Am I missing anything else? I don’t have to worry about this fortunately, so these are just things that come to mind.[/quote]

Saturated fat has never been shown to promote heart disease.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

Beta sitosterol, olive leaf extract, and low saturated fat. Am I missing anything else? I don’t have to worry about this fortunately, so these are just things that come to mind.[/quote]

Saturated fat has never been shown to promote heart disease.[/quote]
True but I didn’t say it did. He wants to get his cholesterol down though and reducing sat fat will definitely help to do this Saturated fatty acids and risk of coronary heart disease: modulation by replacement nutrients - PubMed
To prevent heart disease focus on reducing C-Reactive protein.

yes but I dont consume almost any of the stuff that consist saturated fat

Well, my two other suggestions are worth looking into still. Also, you can replace grains with beans/legumes: Beans, Beans, They're Good for Your Heart | NutritionFacts.org 2 servings a day can substantially reduce your cholesterol apparently.

Another alternative (which is really cheap) is niacin. And it also apparently is also good for having a profound effect on detoxing your fat cells. They used it on people with Gulf War Syndrome, Agent Orange exposure, & 911 Firefighters. Downside is it causes flushing, but taken before a cardio/weights session and then a sauna session, supposedly you sweat out a ton of shit.

Another alternative (which is really cheap) is niacin. And it also apparently is also good for having a profound effect on detoxing your fat cells. They used it on people with Gulf War Syndrome, Agent Orange exposure, & 911 Firefighters. Downside is it causes flushing, but taken before a cardio/weights session and then a sauna session, supposedly you sweat out a ton of shit.[/quote]

when you say “flushing”, what do you actually mean? Just like a red face or something?

[quote]Yogi wrote:

Another alternative (which is really cheap) is niacin. And it also apparently is also good for having a profound effect on detoxing your fat cells. They used it on people with Gulf War Syndrome, Agent Orange exposure, & 911 Firefighters. Downside is it causes flushing, but taken before a cardio/weights session and then a sauna session, supposedly you sweat out a ton of shit.[/quote]

when you say “flushing”, what do you actually mean? Just like a red face or something?[/quote]
Depending on dose, it can actually be quite an intense total body experience. 100 mg creates a pretty notable effect for me. You start to feel it somewhere between 50-250 mg. There is also tingling (similar to beta alanine) and some itching. I’m planning to do a niacin detox. I got some charcoal pills as well.