..Again.. another mistake..

Just go get some more beer. Get some beer with your best buddy and that problem will be solved. Then go kick the dads ass.

Laz, I never desired to be cool where my children are concerned. I’ve only tried to do do for them what was not done for me.
I’ve always had a standing offer for any of my 4 children’s friend’s;“if you want to kick my ass, just form a line and I’ll take you one at a time.” Not one has taken me up on it.

Because what kind of sane dad challenges thier kids friends to fights. You must have had a rough childhood. Looks like you have something to prove by challenging teens to fights. You got problems man and i am sure most people on this forum will agree with me when i say that any dad who wants to beat up thier kids friends is a little looney.

Hey, Defex. You might consider waiting until you are twenty-one to drink. If you can’t wait, you might not want to walk around in public with alcohol. If you have to walk around in public with alcohol, you might want to avoid girl-friend’s fathers. If you can’t avoid girl-friend’s fathers, you might want to consider offering him one next time. If you can’t offer him a beer next time, then consider yelling obscure literary references at him in order to confuse him. If you don’t know any obscure literary references, you could try to immediately fall to the ground and pretend you are invisible. If you are unable to fake invisibility, then you could actually become invisible. Hope this has helped.

Damn, sounds like some of the little kids have pussies for parents. God, I’d be ashamed if my dad was such a pussy. My father would have nailed my head to the wall for the shit you guys suggest defex should do. Are your parents really that weak?

PumpkinPie: That’s some great advice man! I’ll offer him one so he can arrest me. He’s a cop! Haha. Anyway, I’m definitely not going in public with alchohol again. I’m too scared they’ll see me for a second time and my hopes of them ‘forgiving me’ will be over. Oh well, later. -D

I hope you’ve resolved things Defex and learnt your lesson for the future - Don’t get caught.

Cool Owl - Christ man you sound strict! I can see that you only want what is best for your children and I obviously know nothing about the circumstances. However not given your kids the respect to make their own intelligent choices can often just encourage rebellion. I hope you educate them properly on the reasons why you have laid down the law as opposed to simply enforcing your morals upon them.

On a side note, can anyone tell me why there is such a demonisation of alcohol in the US? I mean the age of consent, is on average 16/17? So you can be a Daddy or a Mommy before you’re allowed to taste beer!
You can own and use guns, die for your country and drive all before you are allowed drink. Do you need so much extra maturity to cope with getting drunk than owning an automatic weapon?

I can’t help you with this guy. I have allowed my kids to drink a beer or some wine at dinner if they want since they were 12 or 13(legal in my state BTW). Instead of making it the big forbidden thing I demystified it a bit. My daughter is now 19 and just finished her junior (yes, junior, not a typo) year at college. She drinks underage and I know it. When I visited her for spring break I bought her some beer and Goldschlager. She’s responsible and makes good decisions. She won’t ride with a drinking driver, she only drinks a few drinks and doesn’t get sloppy drunk. So far she’s spent two summers in Germany where the drinking age is 16 without any negative consequences. I’ve seen the rebound effect from overly strict parents in all it’s glory a few times. Buddies of mine when I was my duaghter’s age would go out with preacher’s daughters for that very reason; they were wild once they got loose of Papa’s iron grip.

Beer is better than women.

You screwed up by being at the wrong place at the wrong time. Sometimes there is nothing you can do. If her parents are that strict, then your fucked. You can grovel and kiss a lot of ass, but you would never have a shred of dignaty left. You can steal her and elope but you will be broke for a long fucking time. Or you can have another beer and move on. If she was my daughter Iw ould be asshole tight too. I do not my daughter to be soiled by any man, so if somebody even appears to maybe hurt her I will be a tight ass, though my definitions are somewhat different. You are on a no win situation. No cake for you, your fucked either way, so take the easiest way out.

Legal age here in Australia to drink and go to clubs is 18. Its 16 Germany!(now thats pretty bad). My g/f said that when she was over there, she could buy beer at MC DONALDS of all places!! It sux that your legal age in the US is 21… what a ball buster! :slight_smile:

It isn’t really a problem, really.

Defex, it sounds like you did the right thing by writing him a letter. The fact that he is a cop could be a problem if he is one of those egotistical self righteous types. I hope it works out man, it sounds like he is just trying to protect his daughter from bad influences. If the letter doesn’t work your last ditch effort would be to talk to him in person, be prepared to get your balls busted! But be quiet, listen to everything he says,look him in the eye, aggree that you were stupid, and wrong, say you’ll never do it again, and this sounds gay but dress nice when you go(Not a suit and tie though! That really would be gay.). If you do all that you may earn some respect or at the very least you’ll have bigger balls from the experience. I personnally don’t think that your having a beer was that big of a deal, but my parents were fanatical religous types that would have reacted the same way. Good luck man, it may just take a little time.

Dude, you played this wrong, if I were you I would of played the bad guy, you could have been pulling in some sweet tail from her, w/ no strings attatched, what girl doesnt like dating the guy her father hates, but if you REALLY like her you played it alright.

the cool part of teenage mistakes is that they are teenage mistakes, and usually you end up laughin at em when you grow older.

Another Dad chimes in. If this guy is a cop there is a good chance he has seen first hand the results of some kids out drinking and driving. I would imagine that anytime you saw that you would think about what if it was your kid. That may explain why he has such a problem with underage drinking. I think you did the right thing. Hope it all works out for you.

A girl asks her boyfriend to come over Friday
night and have dinner
with
her
parents. Since this is such a big event, the girl
announced to her
boyfriend that after dinner, she would like to go
out and make love
for
the
first time. Well, the boy is ecstatic, but he has
never had sex
before,
so
he takes a trip to the pharmacist to get some
condoms. The
pharmacist
helps
the
boy for about an hour. He tells the boy
everything there is to
know
about
girls and sex. At the counter, the pharmacist asks
the boy how many
condoms
he’d like “I’m REALLY going to give it to this
girl,” the boy tells
the
pharmacist. “I intend to plug every orifice in her
body at LEAST
twice!!”

The pharmacist, with a laugh, suggests the family
pack, saying the
boy
will
be rather busy, it being his first time and all.
That night, the
boy
shows
up at the girls parents house meets his girlfriend
at the door. “Oh
I’m
so
excited for you to meet my parents, come on in!”

The boy goes inside and is taken to the dinner
table where the
girl’s
parents are seated.

A minute passes, and the boy is still deep in
prayer with his head
down.
minutes pass and still no movement from the boy.
Finally, after 20
minutes
with his head down, the girlfriend leans over and
whispers to the
boyfriend, “I had no idea you were this
religious.”

The boy turns, and whispers back, “I had no idea
your father was a
f***ing
pharmacist!!”
See it could have been worse.

Hahaha! Thanks for the laugh.

By the way, her dad said he’s going to give me another chance, and he’s going to talk to her mom about it. They both said I have a lot to prove to them, but “The door is still open.”

It looks like it’s all going to work out. I really care about this girl, thus all the effort. If I didn’t, I definitely would not go through this. But I do, so I am and will continue to. Again, thanks for the advice. -D