After Wendler's BBB?

I think tonypluto`s point is that there is enough articles written by jim wendler on this site alone to
do the program without the book, but without the book a person is gonna miss out on some very good and funny writing. If the 5/3/1 books where written in another and boring style I dont think they would be so popular.
The writing style of mr Wendler is good enough reason to buy the books alone.

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:
These same fuckers that won’t shell out a one time fee of $20 for the best training plan money can buy are usually the same douchebags in the bar taking jager bombs with their bros, buying stupid ass hair gel so they can spike up their gay ass haircut, and spending $$$ on shitty workout supplements cause their brah told them it would give them a wickedz pump…[/quote]

Amen.

It’s comments made by people on this fucking thread that make me nervous as a noob to post shit. I dont want to buy the damn book because it is twenty dollars and im paying 400 bucks for rent a month, paying back loans for school (anywhere from 500-1000 bucks a month) and working two jobs making 7 bucks an hour.

So excuse me if im a scab whod rather use that 20 bucks on the weekend to buy jager bombs with his boys at the bar on friday night instead of not shelling out the money to buy a book and learn the info that very easily just could be given by a single comment listing the facts. And i know that everyone doesnt have the same problems but whats the harm in just helping a person out.

I want to get into powerlifting but if this is the attitude of the community to newbies id rather just join crossfit (yes, ill repeat that, id rather join crossfit) where there welcoming to people then get called a scab and shit on for asking questions to get better.

Sorry for the rant. Ive just seen this on too many threads on this website

[quote]kylesully wrote:
It’s comments made by people on this fucking thread that make me nervous as a noob to post shit. I dont want to buy the damn book because it is twenty dollars and im paying 400 bucks for rent a month, paying back loans for school (anywhere from 500-1000 bucks a month) and working two jobs making 7 bucks an hour.

bla bla bla[/quote]

get a better job, i wish i only paid 400 in rent, and if you are online and you cant find the entire book then you dont know how to be online. if you are a broke ass college student or post college student, then you have to know someone at least one person that knows how to find what you need and want online.

I said it earlier and I’ll say it again - if you can’t spend $20 on your main hobby (assuming you care so much about PL-ing), then you got much more serious issues to worry about than stupid weights training! Get your life together! If you do have the money, but don’t care that much about PL-ing, then don’t buy the damn book, but don’t go running around asking inane questions.

Honestly, the $$$ argument is the weakest one you can attack this topic with.

[quote]kylesully wrote:

So excuse me if im a scab whod rather use that 20 bucks on the weekend to buy jager bombs with his boys at the bar on friday night instead of not shelling out the money to buy a book and learn the info that very easily just could be given by a single comment listing the facts. And i know that everyone doesnt have the same problems but whats the harm in just helping a person out.

I want to get into powerlifting but if this is the attitude of the community to newbies id rather just join crossfit (yes, ill repeat that, id rather join crossfit) where there welcoming to people then get called a scab and shit on for asking questions to get better.

Sorry for the rant. Ive just seen this on too many threads on this website[/quote]

Crossfit costs HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS a MONTH…another stupid argument. PL is pretty much free. All you need to get into powerlifting is to find a good gym, hang around someone stronger and bust your ass. YOU DON"T NEED TO BUY DAMN BOOKS.

[quote]mlekava000 wrote:

[quote]kylesully wrote:

Sorry for the rant. Ive just seen this on too many threads on this website[/quote]

Crossfit costs HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS a MONTH…another stupid argument. PL is pretty much free. All you need to get into powerlifting is to find a good gym, hang around someone stronger and bust your ass. YOU DON"T NEED TO BUY DAMN BOOKS.
[/quote]

LOL, I was going to post the same thing.

Haha nova beat you to it-

Crossfit is the inane sport of privileged suburban white corporate douchebags that shell out $200+ a month for membership to swing off monkey bars like a lemur on cocaine, do burpees and be all around…lame. They then proceed to become really good at EXERCISING, invent their own sport (crossfit games) to justify the retarded programming of their cult-ish program and continue living in the bubble where a 405 dead is strong. Oh, and to brag to their other privileged corporate douchebags about what great shape they are in.

[quote]mlekava000 wrote:
Haha nova beat you to it-

Crossfit is the inane sport of privileged suburban white corporate douchebags that shell out $200+ a month for membership to swing off monkey bars like a lemur on cocaine, do burpees and be all around…lame. They then proceed to become really good at EXERCISING, invent their own sport (crossfit games) to justify the retarded programming of their cult-ish program and continue living in the bubble where a 405 dead is strong. Oh, and to brag to their other privileged corporate douchebags about what great shape they are in.[/quote]

LMAO, a lemur on cocaine.

What? I am just doing KIPPIES BRAH!

[quote]mlekava000 wrote:
What? I am just doing KIPPIES BRAH![/quote]

He’s probably on the paleo diet, too.

[quote]kylesully wrote:

Go to a powerlifting meet. Everyone helps out new guys. Most guys will give you’re the shirt of their back if you forgot yours.

The reason for the backlash in this thread isn’t about being a noob and not knowing. It is about effort. Being a noob isn’t the problem, it’s the fact that it’s a noob being too cheap and lazy to buy and read the book like the rest of us did. If you aren’t willing to put in a reasonable effort for yourself, why the hell should any of us. You won’t spend 20 bucks and read a short simple direct book that answers all these questions, but you guys expect someone else to buy it, read it, digest it, and spoon feed you the answers?

If you’d put in a little effort and still needed help, pretty much everyone here would be glad to take the time and effort to help you. But if you aren’t willing to put in effort for yourself, I sure as hell ain’t going to. If you won’t give up 2 of your jager bombs to get the actual program, then you just plain don’t give a shit about your training and no one else does either.

Maybe I just wanna know a little more about it before I buy it.
You keep saying that it’s worth buying but why, really?
I’ve found a tremendous amount of info already without paying for anything. What more does the book offer that cannot come from doing your own research?
Is it just a really well written piece with a few points of comedic relief or are there some really profound secrets in which nobody on the internetz dares repeat?

Seriously tho, its an extra $20 I could use on protein or a new belt or maybe some meds for my joints, so is there really that much more included in the efile or hardcover that cannot be found elsewhere?
Also, If I weren’t out in the damn boonies I probably would have downloaded it, a butt load of music, some games, movies and other books by now. Satellite Interwebz are slooow.

[quote]tonypluto wrote:
Maybe I just wanna know a little more about it before I buy it.
You keep saying that it’s worth buying but why, really?
I’ve found a tremendous amount of info already without paying for anything. What more does the book offer that cannot come from doing your own research?
Is it just a really well written piece with a few points of comedic relief or are there some really profound secrets in which nobody on the internetz dares repeat?

Seriously tho, its an extra $20 I could use on protein or a new belt or maybe some meds for my joints, so is there really that much more included in the efile or hardcover that cannot be found elsewhere?
Also, If I weren’t out in the damn boonies I probably would have downloaded it, a butt load of music, some games, movies and other books by now. Satellite Interwebz are slooow.[/quote]

Well, they are asking questions explained in the book, so they are obviously missing something. And if I had to go with either 20 bucks of protien or some training knowledge, I’d take the knowledge every time. But I’ve never heard of that being the actual situation anyway.

[quote]kylesully wrote:

If you want to be excused for being a scab, then I’m sure you’ll understand and forgive me for not wanting to spoon feed lazy mother fuckers who prioritize a shot of jager for 5 seconds instead of investing in a book that will last them a lifetime. IT IS TWETNY FUCKING DOLLARS…If that is going to break the bank for you, oyu have made some fucking terrible life decisions. You have student loans AND still have to work two jobs making $7 (isn’t federal minimum wage $8/hour)? That fucking sucks dude. Maybe you should have gotten a better degree?

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[quote]kylesully wrote:

If you want to be excused for being a scab, then I’m sure you’ll understand and forgive me for not wanting to spoon feed lazy mother fuckers who prioritize a shot of jager for 5 seconds instead of investing in a book that will last them a lifetime. IT IS TWETNY FUCKING DOLLARS…If that is going to break the bank for you, oyu have made some fucking terrible life decisions. You have student loans AND still have to work two jobs making $7 (isn’t federal minimum wage $8/hour)? That fucking sucks dude. Maybe you should have gotten a better degree?
[/quote]

I agree.

I think the guy is still in college from what it sounds like. $400 a month is about on par with a college apartment. Minimum is 7.25/hour I believe.

To the OP, like I said before, you can get percentages and some of the stuff from articles. But you aren’t getting the whole pie so to speak. The program is about much more then the set/rep scheme. It is well worth the investment. There is a lot of stuff in the book you won’t get on the internet. You will need to read and re-read the book until it truely sets in.

Guys on the internet are not going to be able to truely get the full message across. They can’t, and even if they somehow could, they shouldn’t. Jim invested a lot of time and effort, and the methodology and program are his intellectual property. With all the work it took for him to formulate the program and methodology behind it, 20 dollars is dirt cheap.

Do yourself a favor, skip the bar for a night, or don’t buy your next tub of protein powder, or whatever, and buy the book. It is well worth your investment.

Stop being stupid. If its worth it to you to spend months doing 531, buy the goddamn book. If not, don’t do it. Anything worth doing is worth doing right. 531 is all about fuck the fancy shit, just do work. The diet is eat to get strong, you lift to get strong. That’s it. Quit over thinking it.
5/3/1 The SIMPLEST and most effective training system for raw strength.

[quote]kylesully wrote:
…[/quote]
Wonderful. Now along the same lines, why don’t you go to the poor smuck that hired you and tell him you don’t want to get paid for your work, you’d just rather it’d be for free…

Maybe i spoke a little too soon last night.

I do understand that not wanting shell out 20 bucks for a book really looks like i dont really give a shit about the program and therefore dont give a shit about powerlifting. i just think that when someone asks what something is in the program, why do we have to attack them just because we dont have the book? Just help the person out and then suggest that the book would help them alot more then reading discussion threads. All i was just trying to get across.

the crossfit comment was stupid, because i have not been to a powerlifting meet, and have met very few other powerlifters in person. Im taking a lot of my judgement off of the threads and message boards on this site. And while a lot of the post are informative and helpful, you get a lot of guys being jackasses or giving smartass answers rather then just giving the person asking a question a straight answer.

Min. Wage is 7.25$ an hour
You pay 400$ a month for rent when you live with other people
Kipping Pullups are Gay

[quote]kylesully wrote:
Maybe i spoke a little too soon last night.

I do understand that not wanting shell out 20 bucks for a book really looks like i dont really give a shit about the program and therefore dont give a shit about powerlifting. i just think that when someone asks what something is in the program, why do we have to attack them just because we dont have the book? Just help the person out and then suggest that the book would help them alot more then reading discussion threads. All i was just trying to get across.

the crossfit comment was stupid, because i have not been to a powerlifting meet, and have met very few other powerlifters in person. Im taking a lot of my judgement off of the threads and message boards on this site. And while a lot of the post are informative and helpful, you get a lot of guys being jackasses or giving smartass answers rather then just giving the person asking a question a straight answer.

Min. Wage is 7.25$ an hour
You pay 400$ a month for rent when you live with other people
Kipping Pullups are Gay [/quote]

I used to work for 5.60