After Weigh Ins for a Meet

The night before a powerlifting meet what would you recommend to get a bit of “bloat” for the meet?

I remember you once recommended to BIP about doing like 1 Finibar very half hour before bed for as many as you could afford so he could test his maxes.

Would you recommend a similar strategy for an actual meet?

Also if someone were to say water cut 10 pounds, what would you recommend Plazma dosage wise to rehydrate?

Thanks CT.

When is the weigh-in?

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
When is the weigh-in?[/quote]

Weigh is in Friday 9-12am. Meet is 8:30am saturday.

[quote]corstijeir wrote:

Weigh is in Friday 9-12am. Meet is 8:30am saturday.[/quote]

I would have 2 servings of PLAZMA in 1000ml of water after the weigh-in, 2 other servinfs 1 hour after. Then every hour 1 FINIBAR + 2 scoops of MAG-10 in 1000ml of water. And a large pizza in the evening (but not too late to be able to get soem sleep… not that you would sleep much anwyay, but still).

I’m Not CT but JM Blakely wrote some great articles about replenishing your body after weighing in for a meet.

Not trying to steal your thread, but what about a meet with a 2 hour weigh in?

[quote]t.collin.smith wrote:
Not trying to steal your thread, but what about a meet with a 2 hour weigh in?[/quote]

Honestly you can`t do much with that time frame. If you consume too much solid/fluids, you might not absorb everything and will fell heavy and weak. You cannot really dehydrate yourself to make weight 2 hours prior to an even and expect to perform. The best you can do is use 2-3 doses of PLAZMA right after the weigh-in, but even in that case you cannot lose more than 2-3lbs of water to make weight and maintain performance.

[quote]t.collin.smith wrote:
Not trying to steal your thread, but what about a meet with a 2 hour weigh in?[/quote]

Honestly you can`t do much with that time frame. If you consume too much solid/fluids, you might not absorb everything and will fell heavy and weak. You cannot really dehydrate yourself to make weight 2 hours prior to an even and expect to perform. The best you can do is use 2-3 doses of PLAZMA right after the weigh-in, but even in that case you cannot lose more than 2-3lbs of water to make weight and maintain performance.[/quote]

Thanks for the help! That’s what I pretty much figured. I’ve got my weight down to where it needs to be, but I feel I’ve lost a little strength dropping weight. I wanted to make sure I wasn’t overlooking anything. Appreciate the advice!

[quote]corstijeir wrote:

Weigh is in Friday 9-12am. Meet is 8:30am saturday.[/quote]

I would have 2 servings of PLAZMA in 1000ml of water after the weigh-in, 2 other servings 1 hour after. Then every hour 1 FINIBAR + 2 scoops of MAG-10 in 1000ml of water. And a large pizza in the evening (but not too late to be able to get some sleep… not that you would sleep much anwyay, but still).[/quote]

You had me at Pizza :slight_smile: Great stuff CT. Obviously i’m ready to get this meet going so I can see what all the fun is about! Then back to more training. Today is the last day of regular programming. Speed bench day today( gasp! don’t let the internet hear that).

Next week Monday through Wednesday I’ll just do Squat, Bench, Deadlift up to around 50% to keep the movement greased then thursday rest till the meet.

Corst, good luck in the meet.

Represent Corstijeir !!! Good luck!!!

I’m not CT but part of this depends on how close you are to your weight class boundaries. I’m dead in the middle of my weight class so it really doesn’t matter. If you’re actively trying to diet down for a weight class then definitely eat up after. I typically do the morning of weigh in but, again, I’m in the middle of my class. Just a thought but I can’t imagine that one day of nutrition would make or break your lifts.

james

[quote]atypical1 wrote:
I’m not CT but part of this depends on how close you are to your weight class boundaries. I’m dead in the middle of my weight class so it really doesn’t matter. If you’re actively trying to diet down for a weight class then definitely eat up after. I typically do the morning of weigh in but, again, I’m in the middle of my class. Just a thought but I can’t imagine that one day of nutrition would make or break your lifts.

james [/quote]

Some extra bloat from the carbs and liquid should provide a little extra for a few more pounds. It’s nothing earth shattering, but everything helps.

Nutrition can certainly break a meet. Especially if you water cut and don’t rehydrate properly or eat enough. Just like any regular training session can be affected by nutrition.

This post was two fold, 1 so others could see what CT suggests 2 reinforce what was basically my plan anyhow, sub pizza for perkins, but you get the point. I’m going to make 198, around 208 this morning mainly less if I would stop drinking so much liquid at night. ( 6L )

Just wanted to jump in and say good luck…