After Starting Strength

Can we just restate things as “You increase weight every week within a 5/3/1 training cycle” and everyone be happy?

[quote]Patch Adams wrote:
How have you been doing SS for eights months and your lifts are so low? You should have been hitting those numbers a long time ago.

[/quote]

He is squatting and deadlifting more than double his bodyweight fter 8 months of lifting. I would say he is doing pretty well/

I go to his country several months in a year for business and i’ve not seen anyone in a public gym hit his numbers at his bodyweight yet.

[quote]dt79 wrote:

[quote]Patch Adams wrote:
How have you been doing SS for eights months and your lifts are so low? You should have been hitting those numbers a long time ago.

[/quote]

He is squatting and deadlifting more than double his bodyweight fter 8 months of lifting. I would say he is doing pretty well/

I go to his country several months in a year for business and i’ve not seen anyone in a public gym hit his numbers at his bodyweight yet.[/quote]

I disagree. After 8 months of Starting Strength he should have put on a lot more bodyweight and the lifts should be higher by now but he isn’t eating enough. Deadlifting double your bodyweight does not mean much when you weigh so little.

I’m not saying this to put the OP down. Just pointing out he will make quick progress if he starts to eat more.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and being so helpful.

[quote]dt79 wrote:

I go to his country several months in a year for business and i’ve not seen anyone in a public gym hit his numbers at his bodyweight yet.[/quote]

Haha yeah the public gyms here aren’t really conducive for training. Dip belts are banned, and I can’t count the number of times I got complaints for creating noise during deadlifts and I’ve already tried my best to control the weight. Goddamn, its a gym not a library lol.

Thank you guys for your tips. Seeing that I should increase my weight (do I even eat? lol), I shall start by increase my daily calorie intake by another 500. I’ve decided to change to Madcow 5x5. Thank you guys and appreciate your help.

[quote]cqcqcq wrote:
I’ve increased ard 7 kg since I started SS and I ran it for abt 8 months.[/quote]
From your thread this past November:
“Hey guys, I’m currently on Starting Strength. I’m 5’7, 140lbs.”
http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_beginner/low_bar_squat_form_check_2
So that’s four months of no bodyweight increase. Even if your strength has gone up all along, no bodyweight gains means insufficient total calories. Just sayin’.

Measure what you can when you’re home and then eyeball it when you’re out. Eventually, you’ll learn the numbers for a chicken breast or how big a cup of rice/mashed potatoes is. Worst case scenario when you’re out for food, get “a lot” meat, “some” vegetables, and “some” or “not a lot” of carbs.